Salesforce

Updated Dec 17, 2014

3.2

Developer Interview

programming test, in person

Interview Questions
    • programming test with only 2 hours implement an app. study hard. work fast.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

one phone interview, one onsite
    the phone interview wasn't smooth, for the quality of phone call was bad, and the accent make it worse.

the onsite took one day. start late (after 10am). one hour coding test in a separate room. after you are done, there is another hour walking through the code with them.
    one hour lunch with two team leader.
    there are 3 (or 4, I don't remember) 45 minutes interview in the afternoon, each round with two people, one of them could be calling in from other office.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I was referred by a friend and was assigned for technical interview with 2 people over the phone. First they told what they do and asked me tell about my experience and how I was interested in their job. They asked to code for reversing a string and eliminate the duplicate characters

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty basic. They asked about hashset, hashmap, java basic questions like polymorphism, final finally , finalize and asked about testing experience   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Had a call with Hiring Manager, asked pretty basics Java questions. Manager was very friendly and to the point. I was then asked to take 2 hours timed programming interview, they insisted to keep that on weekday during normal working hours, not sure why. The question asked was good, not the regular data structure problems like BFS, traversals, etc. The question felt more like a school assignment, where you were given a scenario and you had to implement/solve the problem using commonly used techniques.
    I failed to finish it in two hours and got a reject 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Why its said a good practice to override() hashcode() of an object when you override equals()   View Answers (3)

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

some are technical but others are not. It varies by dept and interviewers

Interview Questions
    • most of them are not so tough. It seems like you will be judged by not just your technical skills but also your personality   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

The hardest part of the process was getting the first interview. I'll admit, my resume does not reflect that I have much ongoing sales experience (graduated college 2 years ago) and because of my lack of experience, my resume was rejected by recruiters numerous times. I finally got a phone interview as a result one of 4 people within Salesforce submitting my resume on my behalf.

Once I actually talked with one of the recruiters, the process was pretty standard. the process: 1. phone interview with recruiter, 2. in-person interview with AE manager, 3. phone interview with who would be my immediate manager, 4. in-person sales presentation for panel of 7 Salesforce employees.

Although the process was long and the presentation was somewhat stressful due to the number of people in the room asking questions about me and my presentation, the process was pretty standard for someone trying to earn a sales position.

Interview Questions
    • In my presentation I was asked to make a value calculation for the mock-customer. If I knew what a typical return on investment was as a result of implementing Salesforce within an organization, this value calculation could have been more accurate (and effective) for the presentation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager and then on-site full day interview on various topics related to the role

Interview Questions
    • In depth questions on testing and QA even after I mentioned that I don't have the background.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

One phone screening interview with recruiter. Asked about sales background and knowledge of salesforce.com
    Onc screening interview with two sales managers. Lasted 1 hour.
    One presentation interview in which you prepare a 30 minute presentation - intro, discovery, product pitch and close.

Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Applied online and got an email from head office setting up a screening call. First call lasted 40 minutes at which point I was deemed qualified to move on the the next phone call. Second call was set up a week later with Account Exec manager; lasted 10 minutes; I was told I'd be better suited for an EBR role. Third phone call set up a few days later with another recruiter for another screening call exactly the same as the first, lasted 30 minutes. Again deemed qualified to move onto next step for EBR role. Was invited to Networking Event that was happening the next day to meet with exisiting staff, managers, HR managers. Received call next day about outcome, provided with zero feedback.

Interview Questions
    • How did you overcome an obstacle you've faced in you current role?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Recruiter contacted me, then set up a phone interview.
    The interviewer asked me my backgrounds, introduced some information about his team,
    and asked me some technique questions.
    Mos of questions are related javascritps, such as closer , onload() functions, json
    how to rendering json.

Interview Questions
    • What's the disadvantage of using eval() for json ?   View Answer