Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

3.2

Associate QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process had multiple steps: 1) Phone interview - basic behavioral questions and a quick algorithm-writing exercise 2) Remote programming test - a longer programming problem involving OOP principles and a two-hour time limit. This was done on my own laptop at home so I had all the resources of Google at my disposal. 3) On site interview - flew in and had several interviews in a day. Two were technical and three were nontechnical with different hiring managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me upfront that they probably could not give me any more money if I asked. I was happy with the offer so I accepted.

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview process with three rounds of phone interviews. Interviews were focused mainly around personality, capabilities, and previous experience. Also spent a decent amount of time speaking about the interviewers' experience and what they liked the most about working at salesforce. Overall a fine process.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The phone screening interview was scheduled for a particular time in the afternoon. The interviewer was 15 minutes late and then appeared rushed as he ran through his list of questions. I got the clear impression that he had not even scanned my resume prior to the call. He was unprepared. It amazes me how a company with Salesforce's reputation lets recruiters like this be the first point of contact with prospective candidates. It really hurts the brand.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce in July 2015.

Interview

Referral, got a call from an account executive to talk about the position and Salesforce. Was asked about sales experience specifically with software, my background experience, and what I know about Salesforce. Was referred to another account executive from potential team to work with. Had a 20 minute call, was asked why I want to work in sales, what my background is, why Salesforce, and things that are on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why I do you want to work in sales?   1 Answer

Platinum Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Three stages: 1st brief phone call/interview with recruiter to get a feel for the position, 2nd phone interview with a hiring supervisor, 3rd in-person interview with 2 hiring supervisors and hiring manager. Because of the rate of growth at Salesforce, the process moved along very quickly and I went from chatting to the recruiter to in-person interview within 7 days - offer was given the same day as the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Be able to comfortably converse with the interviewer(s) and take a short technical skills quiz simultaneously   Answer Question

Service Cloud Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Lengthy and very process oriented. They force you to do 1 or several presentations. As a salesperson with over 15 years experience, I found the process to be a little insulting and didn't quite drive into what makes sales people successful. Would have preferred a combination of presentation, reference check, etc.

Interview Questions

• Mainly experience based questions and questions focused on why should SF.com hire you.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

6 interviews - 2 with HR via phone, 1 with sales manager via phone, 3 in-person. Interview process was difficult, but I prepared and had the metrics to back it up. Be sure to be prepared. If you don't actually want to be in sales long-term, I wouldn't waste your time. I had a positive interview experience and really liked everyone I spoke with.

Interview Questions

• If you could travel back to any time frame in history, what would it be and why   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

They reached out to me, which speaks to the importance of having a robust LinkedIn profile. Began with a call with a G&A recruiter, followed by call screen with another EA, onsite with a panel (1:1 back to back), SVP, VP, EA; follow up GTM with AVP. Final round onsite with SVP. Everyone has been very warm, authentic, supportive, and encouraging in the process. Very positive experience thus far.

Interview Questions

• My favorite: what's your feedback and/or suggestions to Executives for improving & leveraging the Executive/EA relationship?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Multi-stage interview process. First step was a phone screening / interview by an in-house recruiter. Proceeded to an onsite panel interview. Given a case study, prepped and then proceeded to an onsite mock presentation.

Interview Questions

• How I would run a sales cycle.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter who asked me a few questions and scheduled our screening. After that, the hiring manager screened me over the phone for about a half hour. Then, I was invited for my first onsite interview with the hiring manager and a couple of my future peers. After that, I was invited back for a presentation that I had to prepare (with a couple of weeks to prepare). The whole process was so smooth and there was an instance where we needed to reschedule but the hiring manager handled it professionally and with respect to my time. Overall, awesome experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest part of prospecting?   Answer Question
    • What was the last deal you lost? Why did you lose it? What did that teach you?   Answer Question
    • Why are you a good fit for (your industry of territory)   Answer Question