Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.2

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

Couple of phones screens followed by onsite interviews. At least been interviewed by 10+ people overall. Onsite interview took me half a day but most of them are repeated questions. Once selected HR will call you to negotiate the salaries. It took me couple of months to complete the process as there is confusion on the location of the job, otherwise entire process may take 2 to 4 weeks from the first call.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Two phone interviews, and then an in person interview. They ask you really cliche questions in the in person interview. Tell me your strengths and weaknesses, what are you passionate about, blah blah blah. Also they think they are the greatest place in the world to work. To me it seemed like a micromanaging nightmare.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

20 minute phone call. I described my past work experience. Was asked a couple simple question. Ultimately I didn't get the position due to lack of sales experience- even though my experience would be a great fit for many other positions there, they require you to start in sales for about a year.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales/ Why would you be a good fit for this position?   2 Answers

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I interviewed for a Senior Ruby position with the Heroku division. Three interviews with three different members of the team, so far. All were reasonably straightforward, easy interviews. No brainteasers or any of that stuff. I was impressed with the overall intelligence of everyone I've talked to -- they all seemed very enthusiastic about working there. The manager did indicate that there would be a two-day "mini project" to be completed prior to hire. This struck me as pretty sensible, given the number of applicants who can't handle "fizzbazz".

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The interview process was rigorous but straightforward, consisting of two telephone calls with the internal recruiter, one telephone call with the hiring manager, a group interview with the hiring manager and a top-performing account executive, and a final interview consisting of a mock presentation. Everybody I met with was professional, intelligent, and positive. Preparation and genuine enthusiasm are absolutely critical.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce versus the competition, specifically?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard interview process for a Sales Engineer in the SaaS space: 1 - Phone Screen 2 - Phone interview with Hiring Manager 3 - On Site multiple interviews. A case study is provided and you need to present PowerPoint and demo. They are very role-based during the mock case study asking difficult questions to see how you do under pressure.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a new client said they didn't want the product anymore, even after using a trial?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter who asked me a few questions and scheduled our screening. After that, the hiring manager screened me over the phone for about a half hour. Then, I was invited for my first onsite interview with the hiring manager and a couple of my future peers. After that, I was invited back for a presentation that I had to prepare (with a couple of weeks to prepare). The whole process was so smooth and there was an instance where we needed to reschedule but the hiring manager handled it professionally and with respect to my time. Overall, awesome experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest part of prospecting?   Answer Question
    • What was the last deal you lost? Why did you lose it? What did that teach you?   Answer Question
    • Why are you a good fit for (your industry of territory)   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

A series of behavioral questions, three 30 minute meetings with recruiters and coordinators. They asked about my interest in the company and the role, and to walk them through my work experience and how I could apply my skills to the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed and your reaction   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Had (2) 30 minute phone interviews with HR; first with general HR, second with HR in my market. After 2nd interview, set up a 3rd call with the AVP for the Market. All of these calls happened rather quickly, less than a week and a half in total time. The 3rd call left me exhausted. A lot of talking about this person's success rather than probing me for how I may fit at SFDC. So do your homework- check their LinkedIn profile and make sure you know about them!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about me?   1 Answer
    • What is your proven process for selling   1 Answer

Success Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Salesforce (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. Phone interview was with a senior member of the team. We had a good conversation so I was invited to an in person interview. Had a tour of the building which was very interesting. First half was with members of the team and second half was with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time were you really screwed up and how you recovered.   Answer Question