Salesforce

Updated Nov 15, 2014
Updated Nov 15, 2014

3.2

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Salesforce.

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Spent a whole day, I thought I was on the bubble. Didn't get the job because I didn't "pass the test" so to speak. But no word on which test either then or later. The overall experience was a big turnoff.

Interview Questions
    • Given a regular English dictionary, and a word to start with (e.g. "head"), you can only change one letter a time, but every change has to be a word in the dictionary (e.g. head -> heal) What is the quickest way to an end word (e.g. "tail")?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Have to say the recruiter was absolutely amazing to work with. She was very informative and sweet and always had open communication. Initially spoke with recruiter through phone with basic role description/why do you want to work here questions, etc. I then had two 30 min phone interviews one after the other with hiring mgr and hiring director. The hiring mgr was nice enough, asked a lot of technical questions. The hiring director was very hard to read and after you gave her answer she would just say "okay". After these 3 phone interviews ,I was invited to onsite interview which was a terrible experience. The recruiter greeted me and she was very nice but that was where the positive ended. I was supposed to meet with 4 people that day but 2 of the people I was supposed to meet with were in other mtgs so they subbed in 2 other people last minute who were not really sure what they were supposed to be asking me. I was also supposed to be given a case study but they didn't give it to me and when I asked them about it--they just told me oh well. This was especially annoying as I had spent a lot of time preparing for the case study and not taking it could have hurt my chances. 2 days later I followed up with recruiter and she told me they decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • combination of behavioral/technical/salesforce related   Answer Question

Photographer/Videographer Interview

I received an email in response to my resume asking for blocks of time I would be available for a phone interview. I never heard back after that. I held those blocks of time open but received no call. Not very respectful of my time and energy. Tell me you're not going to call if you're not, just don't waste my time.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Salesforce.

Recruiter, manager, remote programming test, team panel interview by skype, in person interview, VP interview.

Recruiter was awesome, she was on top of everything and took me 1 week to complete everything.

Interview Questions
    I was able to get what i asked for.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

There were multiple phone interviews. The first interview was with the recruiter, with overly technical questions that were not applicable to the job I was applying for. The other two interviews weren't bad at all.

There was no negotiation possible. I thought the amount I was offered was low, and when I started to negotiate this, I was cut off with an abrupt "this offer is non negotiable"

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in July 2014.

I was initially contacted by the recruiter for Chatter team to see if there's a match. I went through one technical phone interview and the remote programming test. After I passed them both, they came back and told me that they've changed direction.

A few days later, another recruiter from Sales Cloud approached me and since I've done the remote programming test, they skipped that but instead I get to do technical remote whiteboarding interview once and talked to the Director of Engineering. Once I've passed those, they flew me to their HQ for 6 rounds of interview (one of them is lunch).

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the process as they tried to ensure I'm ready and well prepared for each round of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you everything from the Database up to the Front-End   Answer Question

Associate Product Security Engineer Interview

Salesforce has a telephonic screening after which on site process starts. The telephonic screening is basically to judge your background in the area. They would ask questions specific to job posting. The questions asked were mostly related to SQL injection and Cross site scripting. Along with that I was asked a couple of questions related to cloud. But the questions in general are easy to crack and one should prepare specific to job title.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were mostly about cross site scripting and SQL injection attack, No data structures or algorithms asked.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce.

I had inquired this position through a friend referral and the hiring manager reached out to me the same day to set up my phone interview. I really enjoyed the interviewer's enthusiasm and she really made me feel very comfortable. She started out giving a quick overview of the company and role. Then she went into asking questions that would help her find out we were a mutual fit for each other. The interviewer was great at elaborating on my questions to help me understand the expectations and culture at Salesforce. I guess she was really impressed by me that she asked for my onsite availability at the end of the phone interview!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Just be yourself and prepare to explain what motivates you to work at Salesforce.   Answer Question

I was offered to move forward to the onsite interview the same week, but I just got stuck with unexpected hi-priority projects at my current job. I'm still really excited about this opportunity, but timing wasn't right and I really wanted to be prepare for this interview. I had no idea that they were moving so quickly! :)

Overall, I had a great candidate experience and would love to apply again in the future.

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce.

I was referred by a fried so the process was actually very easy for me. today its much harder and you have to run through a panel of people as well as give the corporate pitch.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Salesforce.

Applied online in April and got an invitation to interview about 2 weeks later. Had 3 rounds of interviews, which took about 2 weeks total. All of my interviewers were very intelligent and conversational. Questions were straightforward. My recruiter was incredibly nice and responsive as well. Overall a great experience!