Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

3.2

Matrix UI Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a headhunter who got me in touch with them. Had a phone interview with a manager, then did a programming test, and was asked to come on-site for an in person interview. The team was small and unevenly experienced, with two highly experienced engineers and two basically fresh out of college. The one out of college I spoke with seemed talented, however. I also spoke with a higher-level manager who was not on my schedule, leading me to believe the reviews were decent.

In the end, I wasn't made an offer, because they wanted someone with more experience for a remote work position, which seemed like something they should have figured out from my resume rather than after in-persons. There was also a great deal of confusion regarding reimbursement -- I was accidentally charged for my hotel stay and have yet to be reimbursed for my out of pocket expenses per their policies.

All that said, it seems like a good opportunity and team for someone who wants to work with React and have an impact on a new product to come out of Salesforce in the near future.

Interview Questions

• I don't feel comfortable telling people what they asked on an interview. It feels like cheating.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was referred to by a friend of mine at the company. I was very excited and did research on the company. I knew my resume, and could describe every point in it. I thought I had done well in the interview, and would at least make the next round. I heard back in a few days stating that I did not make the next round. I emailed the recruiter to follow up on where I needed to improve. The recruiter basically said I did not have enough cold calling experience/sales experience. I was a little taken aback since I considered this position a step back in the my career since I would to now be doing cold calling. I understood this though going in, and was willing to take a step back to move 3 steps forward in the future and learn at Salesforce. Ultimately the interview process was smooth and quick, the recruiter was very nice, and I appreciated the follow up on why I did not make it. Encouraged me to reapply after I get more cold calling experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience. What sales experience do you have?   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst (Tier II) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Watertown, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a lengthy one, but well worth it. I submitted my resume and received an email from the recruiter requesting an initial interview the next day. Overall, there were several different interviews. The initial interview was with the recruiter, then the hiring manager, then two separate back to back technical interviews, and the final interview was with a Tier 3 TSA. The overall process took about 4 weeks from beginning to end. After the final interview, I had to wait a few days for the call from the initial recruiter, which wasn't the confirmation that I did get the job, it was confirming that I was still interested in working for Salesforce and that I was committed to making the move, etc. Two days later, I received a call, again from the initial recruiter letting me know that I did get the job. She then gave me the base rate of pay, bonuses, as well as who my reporting manager would be. I had to also provide a day that I could be committed to start. My first day at the office was incredible. Everybody was very approachable and friendly. I received a tour of the building, which is amazing, and then setup my workstation. Overall, I was very impressed and satisfied with the interview/on-boarding process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Salesforce?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Two phone screenings with recruiter, followed by an in person interview with two sales reps, as well as the Sales Manager. Wanted a quick elevator pitch of Salesforce. Asked a lot of questions about my prior work history, and not as much about the actual products they sell.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly for me. I was reached out to by a recruiter and we set up a 15 minute conversation. The questions she asked were pretty simple, such as why Salesforce? Why sales? We also went through my resume during this. The next step was a conversation with another recruiter and it was basically the same conversation except she wanted to know a little more about what the incentive structure of my current job was. After that I was invited for an onsite where I would be interviewed by 2 current BDR managers and 2 current BDRs. Each interview was about 30 minutes and lasted for 2 hours. Once that was all over I set up a phone conversation and spoke with a Sales Director for about 15 minutes.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The overall process took around 1 month to complete. I had a referral from a friend and they contacted me about a week after I applied. The interview process itself took about 2 weeks and consisted of 2 45-minute interviews which were a mix of both behavioral and technical questions. Specifically the first interviewer asked me about relevant experience on my resume, asked an algorithm question, asked 2 behavioral 'give me a time when...' questions, then asked me what about the company I was interested in. The second interviewer asked me 1 behavioral question, 2 algorithm/technical questions, and asked what kind of work I wanted to do.

Interview Questions

• Technical Question: Given a deck of unshuffled cards, how would you go about shuffling the cards and what was the Big-O complexity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate considering the salary was very competitive.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview experience ever. Three phone interviews and then a black hole. I sent thank you emails and follow-up messages to the recruiter and manager and never received an acknowledgement or response. This company might be listed as a great company to work for but their candidate interview experience gets a failing grade.

Interview Questions

Interview

Did a 2 hour coding challenge, then came onsite for a series of interviews. Questions weren't extremely difficult algorithmically, but did make me think. Felt like most of the challenge was in the coding challenge and not the onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• The coding challenge was the most difficult aspect of the interview experience   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

The best interview process I ever had in my life. Great work of recruiters, Company and employees who were participating in interview loop. Salesforce interview process should be an example for the rest of IT industry as it is done with utmost respect to the candidate, allows to check candidate skills from various points and also gives the great feeling about the company. Interview process consists of 3 stages:
    1. Interview with hiring manager
    2. Remote Coding Test (RPT)
    3. On-site interview
       You go to next stage if you pass the current stage. Advice for RPT stage: to pass this stage you need consider the task as a real life task, describe your assumptions and absolutely be good at managing your time (total test time is 2 hours - not a minute more). You definitely will not complete all test for the given time, but make sure you describe what you decided to implement first and why. Also, leave time within those 2 hours for unit tests. Consider corner cases from real life experience.

Again, it is the best interview experience I had in my life and Salesforce is a great company to work in.

Interview Questions

• - Hiring manager stage: find all words which start from particular letter (case insensitive)

- Remote Coding Test stage: implements components installer (implement the following methods: MakeDependency(component1, component2) // makes component1 dependent on component2
      Install(component1) // installs component1 and components it is dependent upon (if they're not installed already)
      Remove(component2) // removes component1 and components it is dependent upon if they're not used by other installed components.
      Note: component1 can be dependent on component2 and component3; and component4 can be dependent on component2

- On-site interview: lots of technical questions like implement itoa, find kth largest in array, how to implement unit-tests, lots of behavioral questions.

Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I initially applied through Linkedin and was contacted by a Junior recruiter from their SF office. After that call, the person scheduled me for a follow up HR interview. The second HR hiring manager no-showed on the call and I never heard from them as to why the no-show. Two months later, I get a call from another HR person and they didn't explain but had me restart the process. After three calls (Jr HR, Sr HR, Sales Manager) and a few follow up HR calls to review any other calls, I had no idea how long the process would go on for. Finally, they let me know I made it to the final round and were flying down the hiring team from San Francisco for the interview of finalists. I had to prepare a lengthy PowerPoint deal review consisting of a an overview of two deals I had one as well as slides about my history and how they applied to the position. I was offered a coaching session with HR previous to the presentation but passed on this.

The day after I gave a harrowing PPT presentation with subsequent panel interview, I found out that they they hired someone much more senior than myself with a CRM sales background. I was flattered to have made it so far but thought they could have saved me the trouble if they were looking for a person with 10 years sales experience and several years that were directly related. It's an intense process so get ready to run the gauntlet, repeat everything many times over and go above and beyond to get hired here. It was still a beneficial experience for me and since it's Salesforce they can afford to be exacting and lengthy in their approach to new hires.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your personality makes you a fit to sell cloud CRM   Answer Question