Salesforce

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

3.2

Software Engineer In Test Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Salesforce in November 2014.

Submitted my resume at my university's career fair. Contacted by the recruiter via email 2 weeks later to schedule a one-hour technical phone interview.
    Technical phone interview: Was scheduled for 60 minutes but only took 45 mins. Asked to describe my experiences and basic data structure questions, and how I would test a function that takes in a file of names and output a file with the names in the input file sorted. Was also asked to describe a time when I faced a difficult bug or problem and how did I test and debug it.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Salesforce in October 2014.

I gave a recruiter my resume at an event and then had a phone interview scheduled.

My interviewer asked about my previous projects first. Next, they said given a string, how would you count the number of words in that string. Finally, the last question was to write code to shuffle a card deck, and how to check if the code actually worked/was completely random.

Perhaps it was just my interviewer, but I could tell they weren't happy with my answers because they didn't move on to another question. However, I exhausted all my solutions and still couldn't seem to get the right answer.

Interview Questions
    • Apparently testing a card shuffling algorithm was a problem from Google Code Jam.   Answer Question

SMTS, Quality Engineer Interview

Hiring process is very defined with one round of phone interview, almost all day interview with one hour programming interview in the beginning.
    They made offer on the next day to me and I think its still the process.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't realize if there was any difficult question, mostly if you know the OOPS and OOD then the interview is straigthforward.   Answer Question

LMTS QE Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Salesforce.

2- 3 interviews.First one would be phone screen followed by personal round with a programmng test .If it is ok, then continue with the personal interview with team members and management.

Interview Questions
    • Coming up with a framework for complex distributed systems.   Answer Question

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Contacted by the recruiter- process was pretty straightforward. Had phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager first, and then had several rounds of in person interviews. The HR were very professional and communicated effectively during the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was a difficult question as long as you prepare and you have done your homework   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Took its own time to setup the interview. Initial around was over Skype for an hour with Sr Director. Very generic questions like past work, challenges and what would have done better etc. It was nice discussion and waiting for the full loop

Interview Questions
    • Question was : Given two issues, one which is happening 70% of crash on app launch and other one is 20% of the time App fail to store state of it. Given these two which one do you consider fixing it?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in September 2014.

A recruiter contacted me via email about a friend submitting my resume/CV internally through the system. We set up a 30 minute block later that week to discuss. Unfortunately, the interview started late and we did not have the full half hour as I had a hard stop. She indicated that the process would be quick and she could get back to me either later that day or early next week. I sent the standard thank you the day of and restated the date she expected feedback. I sent a follow up the next week after I failed to receive any communication. She replied and said she would get a response by the end of the week. That passed and I did not get a note or any other response back. I can only assume this means I was not selected but closure would have been appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • Standard recruiter interview - why I am interested and please tell me about yourself and experience. The only "difficult" question was about salary expectations.   View Answer

CFL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Easy straightforward. Good interviewers. We'll managed. Recruiting and hiring managers were well versed in their respective roles and we're able to easily Articulate role expectations. I have heard negative experiences but that was not mine at all.

Easy. Straight forward.

Marketing Manager Interview

Contacted by internal recruiter- process was pretty straightforward. Had phone conversations with recruiter and hiring manager first, and then had several rounds of in person interviews.Recruiter was helpful along the way, not so much when I was waiting for feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions, ie how would I roll out a marketing campaign.   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward. The recruiters were very informative and quick to respond after interviews. I was always clear on the process and next steps. They did an amazing job at setting and managing expectations.

Interview Questions
    • How do you create a relationship with a client you've never worked with?   Answer Question