Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.2

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in December 2014.

Interview

Very straight-forward, and organized. I was contacted by a recruiter for an initial screen, had two phone interviews with two different directors (they were interviewing me for two potential positions), and then was brought onsite for a half day interview. Onsite interview was the most difficult portion, but only because it involved two interviewers at once. Questions were not too difficult though, mostly trying to understand my background and probe that I would work for one, or both of the roles. People seemed very happy, and especially proud of Salesforce. This was evident by everyone with whom I talked. Company culture seems fantastic, very supportive of its employees and well organized.

Interview Questions

• During the onsite, some of the interviewers were actually remote so were able to do digging on my personal information (LinkedIn, etc.). Had to field questions related to my experience, projects, etc. from there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not a lot of negotiation, very generous offer. Compensation and commissions could inevitably be negotiated, but benefits are pretty well set by company policy, and very generous.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I found out about Salesforce through a few of my friends that worked there. They really enjoyed working there, so I though that I should give it a try. They were at my college for a career fair and I stopped by for a quick chat. The woman that I spoke with was incredibly nice and down to earth. I received an email a few days later that informed me of an interview. The first interview was pretty basic. They asked about my resume and it really just turned into a conversation. Two weeks after that interview, I was informed that I got a final interview. It consisted of 4 different interviews and a group presentation with the other possible interns. The interviewers were very nice and again the interviews turned into conversations. The group project was pretty simple, so do not stress about that. All in all, it was a very different interview experience and I really enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• How do you fit into the company?
      What three words would others use to describe you?

Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Account Executive - Small/Medium Business (SMB) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The process was very long and detailed. The interviews are extremely difficult and detailed. You must have all of your facts straight about your past compensation, rankings, deals, lost deals, etc. My first two interviews were over the phone and the final was in person. I would recommend preparing extremely well for these interviews. Know the product better than anyone. Know the culture better than anyone. If you are a difficult person to get along with or a confrontational personality...forget it. They are the best and they only hire top talent. The most important thing to them is that you will work well with your co-workers. It means everything at the end of the day. Also employee referrals are about 75% of the external hires.

Interview Questions

• "Explain the service cloud to your grandmother"
      "How would you react if someone called into your accounts"
      "Who is our head of global sales"
      "Explain the cloud to me"

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but the offer phase lasted very long. It took 3 weeks to hear back after the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The process of scheduling interview is really messy in this company, although I really liked the company initially. Very negative experience. No technical question at all, the interviewer was Indian and I Could Not tell his words.

Technical Support Interview

Interview

The absolute worst interview I have ever had. I applied for a technical position and expected some technical conversation -- NONE. No one had a clue. Not one manager or technical worker was available. Then there was the writing test. I have a degree from a major university. A High School writing test was not appropriate. I have over 25 years of work experience. I was so put-off by the entire experience that I called the outside recruiter and said the run my application through the shredder. I was embarrassed to have even applied at this place.

QA Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. One phone interview with HR, which was very preliminary and just as informative for me and it was for HR. Second interview was supposed to be in-person, but it was over the holidays and management's schedules were hectic. I ended up having another phone interview with a remote QA specialist. We basically cross-referenced my job experience with the duties of the available position. The third interview was in the NY office where I met with 4 managers. They were all extremely approachable and interesting. The questions were nothing out of the ordinary, but as the conversation went on, it became a real dialog.

The most important thing I took away from the interviews was that each individual was very different and came from different backgrounds. Salesforce wasn't looking for a cookie cutter skill set, they based their decision off the application of my skills.

Interview Questions

• Has an email campaign ever gone wrong or message sent out that wasn't supposed to, and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Tier II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in December 2014.

Interview

Applied through their website. Was contacted three days later via e-mail by a recruiter. Did an initial phone interview with the recruiter, who scheduled a tech screen interview for the following week. Tech screen interview was fairly pleasant, with not a lot of technical questions asked. Was told that I did well, but because of the holidays it may take a while to hear back and be scheduled for an on-site interview.

Over a week passed with no feedback. After three more days I emailed two of the recruiters asking for feedback. No reply at all. I know they're hiring again though, because they're now hiring for Technical Support Analyst positions and they've done some expansion of the building lately. I have a feeling they want to bring in Support Analysts at a lower salary than they want to pay Tier II analysts.

It would have been nice to receive a response to my follow-up e-mail, even if it was just a simple "We've decided to go with a different candidate" canned reply. It worked out for the best though, as I got a better job offer with an awesome company

Interview Questions

• If a customer was having a problem browsing our website, what troubleshooting steps would you take?   Answer Question

Associate Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted 2 weeks after I applied on company portal. The first round with the hiring manager. The round consisted of behavioural and technical question.The second round was a month later. It consisted of given scenario and testing how I analyse from performance point of view. On academic projects and explain my fav project. I went onsite 3 weeks later. I had 5 rounds. Simple questions and few whiteboard questions. I got results after almost 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard on strings and arrays. Memory management in Java. Detailed discussion on a project. Databases. Phone round on linked list and sorting.   Answer Question

Interactive Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via email to have a phone interview with a Salesforce HR recruiter. I had my initial phone interview one week later. I was then scheduled to interview with a senior interactive developer and the hiring manager within the following week. After those interview, I had a follow up Skype interview with the hiring manager about 2 weeks later. Then, 4 week later I received an email informing me that they had decided to pursue another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What type of code editor or IDE do you like to develop on?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Talked to a Salesforce recruiter at a campus career fair. They reached out to me several weeks later and had me do a phone interview, and then had me complete an online coding challenge. Phone interview was lots of small technical questions, not one large coding question. Also discussion of past experiences/projects and why you're interested in Salesforce. Medium difficulty.