Salesforce

Updated Nov 15, 2014
Updated Nov 15, 2014

3.2

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Salesforce.

45 minute manager interview
2 hour programming test
on-site interview with 5 people.

The on-site interview was a joke. Only one on-site interview involved whiteboard. And that whiteboard interview - the interviewer was full of ego and was doing most of the talking instead of allowing me to answer. That interviewer was formulating the questions 10 different ways and did not have clarity on what to expect from me. I felt that interview was more about trying to guess what the interviewer wants to hear rather than the technical issues at hand. I provided this feedback to the recruiter, not sure if there will be any change.

Overall, from my experience, the quality of engineers in salesforce.com is not at par with other companies in bay area like google, facebook, apple. But most of the people who come here are from IT background like Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, etc.
If you are from a good R&D organization, when you interview with them, you should get down to their level and have a conversation in their terms. If you are able to do that and come out satisfied from the interviews, then may be you will like Salesforce.

Technically, if you solved the simple ( linked list, strings, sorting ) problems should get you in easily through the programming tests.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing difficult for me. The difficult level is low when compared with other tech companies in bay area.
    Questions were reverse string, substring, indexof, map interface.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Contacted by the recruiter- process was pretty straightforward. Had phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager first, and then had several rounds of in person interviews. The HR were very professional and communicated effectively during the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was a difficult question as long as you prepare and you have done your homework   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in August 2013.

Database fundamentals, Java and JVM questions

Interview Questions
    • Read about Multi tenancy architecture and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in December 2012.

Contacted via a internal contact. Phone screen with Hiring manger on basic interview and technical questions followed by a two hour programming test. Passed with flying colors and was invited to San Francisco to interview with 10+ people. Some interviewers were in town, some were remote so we had conference calls. Overall, it was your typical tech interview.

Interview Questions
    Met my expectations so did not negotiate..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in October 2010.

Phone screen, on-site interview, programming test then offer.

Interview Questions
    • It depends on who you're interviewing with. For me there's nothing really difficult.   Answer Question
    The recruiter low-balled me quite a bit, actually she began with an unreasonable base salary. I had to negotiate pretty hard. Even then I didn't get what I was expecting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce in April 2008.

1.Technical screening (phone)
    2.Technical Test (@home)
    3.On-site interview (5-6 people from the team including hiring manager will take interview)

Didn't negotiate