Salesforce

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months.
    Eight rounds of interviews with a mix of telephone and face-to-face with anyone across the organisation (EU and US) for cultural fit as well as technical competences.

Interview Questions
    • The process included a case study and face-to-face presentation to a panel.   Answer Question
    Very straightforward.

Director Technical Solutions Architecture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in October 2012.

Totally unenjoyable and unrealistic process.
    Approached via social media due to outstanding profile and skills match.
    Asked to do loads of prep work for a mock presentation.
    Asked to learn their products in a few weeks so as to present these back to them.
    Technical knowledge of their products before process - ZERO
    Technical knowledge of their products at the mock presentation - slightly below ZERO
    Advised prior to mock presentation a general understanding of products was needed only - "high level" is the words used.
    Feedback on process - not enough knowledge of the products.
    Clearly, interviewers didn't take the time to read the CV or other social media info on the profile.
    Process setup to make failure more likely rather than highlight weaknesses and identify how to bolster those.
    Told 'after the fact' that a 'turnkey person' was needed - translation - we want a salesforce guru. So why approach someone without a salesforce background only to let the fail ?

Interview Questions
    • Dumb question - why do you want the job ?   View Answer

Stated they wanted something different, got that during the interview, then changed the scope of what they were looking for. Time wasting.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Salesforce in July 2012.

Initial communication through a referral was positive. Had a phone conversation with an HR person, which went well although the questions were very vague. However, after informing me that I would get a call from the department head for the position I was applying after HR talked to him and asking me if I would be willing to have a conversation with people at Salesforce HQ, communication suddenly cut off. A follow up email was not replied to, and it was only after sending a second mail more than a month later that I got a reply informing me the position was on hold and more information would be given at the end of a week. Again this date passed and it was after I followed up again that I was informed the position was scrapped.