Salesforce

3.3

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Software Engineer, Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce in October 2013.

Was contacted via e-mail by a recruiter. She set up a phone interview a week later. The interviewer was a SMTS at salesforce. Overall, it was a bad experience. I'm sorry to say this but I struggled to understand what the interviewer was saying because he had a very thick accent. I had to ask him to repeat sentences many times and after some time I just gave up. It was just one of those unlucky days I guess. The interview lasted 75 mins and at the end I knew that I'm not going to get the job.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in September 2013.

- Initial process started with the recruiter. Went through a standard screening
    - Next step was to speak with some peers who went into my background and experience. General discussion on previous experience no real biggie.
    - After this I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager and it went for 45 mins. He was very satisfied.
    - Next I was called into the NY office for in person discussions. I was going to meet 3-4 people including the hiring mgr.
    - While the hiring manager showed up on time and the discussion went well, the other interviewers were late....one of them was almost 20mins. late. I had to keep asking the front desk lady to help me find these interviewers. She did her best to contact them.
    - One of the interviewers surprised me when he said that he was not sure what position I was interviewing for. Then, in the middle of the discussion he took several phone calls. In the end instead of taking 45 mins he spent only 10 minutes effectively. I was quite disgusted with the whole thing.
    - In a nutshell, the in-person interviews left me with a bad taste.............and even if I had gotten an offer, I would have declined it.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in June 2013.

I was referred to SFDC by a former boss who was a sales manager there at the time. Recruiter reached out immediately for an initial screening. Sooner after, he scheduled time with the hiring manager approximately a week later. The call went well and he outlined next steps including a mock presentation and a sample scenario he would like to me cover, which I took as a good sign. Multiple weeks went by and eventually I had to reached out to the recruiter several times to get an update. Eventually he scheduled another interview with the same manager, this time in person. The manager did not remember anything about me or how I found SFDC, which was a turn off. He did express his disappointment that I was unable to attend a SFDC hiring event a few days earlier, although I never committed to attending. Over the next couple of weeks, I had calls with the manager's counterparts in other regions as well as his boss. None of the conversations were very compelling and SFDC lost its luster for me by the end. The boss did mention he had a concern that I did not have previous experience in a dedicated sales engineer role, but asked if I was open to looking at other positions within the company potentially. I agreed to explore other options, but never heard back from anyone at SFDC nor did I reach out. Other SFDC recruiters have reached out since but my experience was so poor I would not interview with them again.

Interview Questions
    • Rather standard question for a software sales engineer position.. nothing difficult or thought provoking   Answer Question

Enablement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in January 2013.

Lots of people to interview you. Very unconventional interviewing questions and energy. This is a plus, but also displays disorganization and give insight into how management will be. Great people, smart, and driven. Fast pace and motivational.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Applied online and got contacted by a recruiter. Had a great conversation and an in-person interview was set up with two people. I found it odd that I wouldn't be meeting the person I'd be reporting to at the first interview. Instead, the interview was with someone who'd be reporting into the role and only a few months out of college as well as with another Manager from a related team.

The conversations seemed great and the recruiter came in afterwards to get a sense of what I thought about the role, the team and the company. She said she'd be in touch the following week. Felt like everything went well. When I hadn't heard back, I reached out to the recruiter for an update and was informed that the two people I met with didn't think I was "a good fit". My experience fit the role exactly and I felt I got along with the interviewers on a personal level as well, so I was surprised. Though primarily disappointed that I didn't get to meet the seasoned person the role would actually be reporting to before I was cut.

Interview Questions
    • N/A Most questions were related directly to the role and my experience in the field.   Answer Question

Senior Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in August 2012.

Multiple phone screenings to check background, communication skills, reasons for leaving current employer and joining salesforce.com

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to present a business scenario from my years of experience that showcased how I leveraged my business and technical skills to help transform a major company leveraging leading-edge technology.   Answer Question
    Didn't need to, I was given a 20+ total compensation increase from my prior position, including a 3% base pay and the rest in bonus and stock options.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in June 2012.

Was referred by a friend who worked at SF who highly recommended me. Was contacted by recruiting manager and after chatting for about an hour was told I was a "perfect fit". Was asked to go into city to meet with one of the hiring managers I'd be supporting simply "as a formality". Went into city and hit it off with hiring manager, who immediately IM'd my friend to tell her how great we hit it off. Waited for about a week or so and sent numerous emails. Finally hiring manager called me, told me what a great fit I would be for the company and the role, how great it was that the company was growing, etc., etc., then after about 15 minutes of small talk was told he had "selected someone else for the role". I was stunned. Found out from friend who referrred me that the person they selected lived in the same city as the recruiting manager so they were able to meet in person and he fell in love with her. Big waste of my time, as well as incredibly misleading and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Can't recall any questions being overwhelmingly difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce in February 2012.

Multiple phone/skype/in person interviews followed by onsite presentation interview where I had to deliver an actual demo to the team.

Interview Questions
    • Given my success, why do I want to leave my former employer   View Answer
    Standard offer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in February 2012.

Disjointed. unclear whether recruiter or hiring manager was following up.

Interview Questions

bait n switch, and then low ball

Senior Support Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in September 2011.

The process started with the recruiter contacting me on a networking site. Once I responded with my interest, he arranged for a screening call which was quite pleasant. He gave a good overview of the role and also asked general questions about my experience. He then proceeded to arrange for the first round of phone interview with the hiring manager for the next day.
    The phone interview with the hiring manager was confusing for me. He was working from home and hence, had line disturbances which was a distraction through out the call. But he was nice to talk to and came straight to the point of my relevance with the role. We spoke about my experience and my knowledge in salesforce.com. Though I was certified admin, I did not have much hands on experience in Salesforce.com. That did not seem to matter. What he was looking for in the interview was my ability to face clients. Which I think I did satisfactorily. The phone call lasted for about 30 mins. It went ok for me.
    I did not recieve any update till 3 days excluding weekend. So, I got back to the recruiter with an update which was the only miss I found in the whole process. He quickly then updated me on the feedback and that they wanted to conduct a f2f. The f2f was at the NY office and included video conference.
    When I reached office, we found we had problems with the video conference setting up and the interview was going to delayed. However it was well arranged by the recruiter remotely and there was no blame game going on there which I found a good thing.
    The video conference was with a panel of 3 which included peers and senior to this position. It was more serious than the phone interview. It consisted of semi-technical questions like explaining concepts, role play and other questions like how to prioritise, time management, etc. Following the video conference, there were 2 more f2f 1:1 rounds with the hiring manger and the VP.

I recieved a verbal offer the very day which was lightening speed. It was a bit disappointing though in terms of position. They said because of my no of years of experience, they cannot offer senior position. I wondered if they had seen that before. The salary was decent. I accepted the offer because it was a great role and with immense learning opportunity. Overall, it was a great experience and a very smooth recruiting process.

Interview Questions
    • how would you handle a difficult client?   Answer Question
    • explain a situation where there was high escalation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • were there any proactive actions you took to delight the customer?   Answer Question
    • why would a company NOT use salesforce.com?   View Answer
    The salary was decent but not upto my expectations. There was mild negotiation and they could increase only that much. It wasn't too bad for me and did not pursue longer. They were open to hear you though which was a good thing.