Salesforce Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The in-person interviewers were not very well prepared (2 of them did not show up). I left being unsure about the company. Next week, a no -feedback email informing me I wasn't being considered.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Product Manager Interview

Interview

phone, then day long interview, including a presentation on a selected topic. the topic is provided before hand

Interview Questions

• which product you like or dont like and why: could be anything not necessarily software.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at Salesforce in July 2012.

Interview

Applied via recommendation from internal employee. Received email from recruiter who scheduled a 1hr phone call. 3-4 days after call I received an email from another recruiter within Salesforce that they had interest, and wanted me to interview with hiring manager. Scheduled and had that conversation, but location turned out to be non-negotiable, so no further interviews occurred given I didn't plan on relocating at that time.

Interview Questions

• None extremely difficult between 2 interviews. Mostly history/resume/what they're looking for & what the role is like within SF.com.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The initial referral was from someone working in product management; my own background is in protocol engineering and engineering management. We talked via email, and he forwarded one set of discussions to a senior person in their team; the senior person asked for an interview to be scheduled. The phone interview was quick, not highly technical and resulted in a scheduled one on one interview.

That revealed something fairly interesting. Salesforce has trouble dealing with highly technical people who are not currently coders. Their engineering managers & CTOs are all coders (or at least, they represent themselves that way). Someone who had designed and deployed large scale systems but hadn't coded in production environments in years was hard to fit into their world view. After the interview, it was clear that I was far too much on the technical side to fit their product management team. They went off to think about how to fit me in, but came back a week or so later saying "we'd like to find something that works, but we can't".

I suspect that had I said "of course I code" (and I certainly have done production-level code in the past), the result would have been a second set of interviews which might have gone further. I wouldn't encourage anyone to lie about their skills, but salesforce.com's view of engineering management as dependent on coding skills would certainly suggest not minimizing any skills you have there, should you be looking for engineering management jobs there.

Interview Questions

• How would you integrate video into Chatter?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in October 2008.

Interview

Phone interview with 1 manager + in person panel interview with 4 people - non managers + Phone interview with hiring manager + notification of hiring freeze + last minute attrition and being offered to fill a backfill = hired in 3 weeks
    It was an okay process, friends who I referred sometimes had better and sometimes had worse experiences. Depends on the department.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you couldn't figure out how to solve a problem, and the internal people you escalated to couldn't solve it, and executive management also couldn't solve it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated salary and stock