Salesforce Product Marketing Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Product Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

The interview process was nothing out of the norm except everyone was brainwashed and not really flexible when it came to looking at adjusting their business models.

What was interesting was discussing the market. Everyone I interviewed with gave me the pitch that Salesforce.com was one of the few organic companies that grew up on the Internet. They lumped themselves with Amazon, Google, Twitter, and Facebook-- I was told that Yahoo was not one of these nor paypal or ebay.

The company was interested in expanding their presence beyond their traditional install base but had a difficult time when I posed questions and strategies to move into more traditional industries that are very conservative (this would be more along the lines of an SAP or Oracle customer) who were concerned about where data availability and data security. Salesforce just has a difficult time getting their head around new markets.

Anyway, I was put off by the dogmatic approach of the company. They all seemed to be followers not innovators (beyond what they are selling). I think to be a successful employee there someone should just be out of business school and is ready to be molded. Anyone with 5 years or more of experience would be frustrated.

Interview Questions

• Can you name four companies that exist now on the internet.   1 Answer

Salesforce seemed more like a cult than a business.