Salesforce Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview with Salesforce.com's recruiter. The recruiter was okay. She asked some behavior questions. Since the job descriptions involved working with sales team, she discussed how I interacted with them and when I was involved during the sales cycle. After the interview, I haven't heard from her for a while. I followed up with her a week later; she responded with some standard language saying they decided to move ahead with other candidates. No additional feedback was provided.

Interview Questions

• When are you pulling into working with the sales? What's the pace?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Multi round interview consisting of phone interviews, 1 on1 interviews with both colleagues and execs, and a presentation. Long, slow process... But got the impression that the barks very highland they want to make sure that the peop,e they hire cannot only do the job,but will bea cultural fit. This is an intense, demanding company.... And those that fit well will thrive and love it.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about the messaging/positioning of Salesforce and why?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce in February 2010.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview process. I already knew the recruiter from a different position that I applied for 6 months earlier. She did the initial screening to make sure that I was qualified for the position. I then did a phone screen for the first round with the hiring manager because I wasn't based in the SF/Bay Area. The next round was consolidated for me because I would have to fly in to SF for a combined second/final round of interviews; I had second rounds with 5 people including the hiring manager in the morning and then a 20 minute presentation in the afternoon to showcase my abilities to market a fictional product.

Interview Questions

• The real world scenario where I had three weeks to present a fictional product launch to the hiring manager (VP of Product Marketing) and head of the group (SVP of Product Marketing) was definitely challenging but also very informative of their work environment and standards. I love this practice and use it today when I'm hiring.   Answer Question

Decided that I wanted to stick with the start-up that gave me a counter offer where I wouldn't have to move. Loved the company though, and would definitely consider working for them in the future.