Salesforce Sales Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2015

3.4

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview experience ever. Three phone interviews and then a black hole. I sent thank you emails and follow-up messages to the recruiter and manager and never received an acknowledgement or response. This company might be listed as a great company to work for but their candidate interview experience gets a failing grade.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Candidate is put through multiple levels of interviews, reference checks and panel discussions.Company culture fit is very important along with a well rounded professional and social skills and abilities. A good percentage of sales hires are thru internal referrals. Industry and product knowledge is also critical for the hiring decisions.

Interview Questions

• Experience, difficult situation and how it was handled.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Jose, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Good commiunication from the initial interview setting. Nice area for the interview. Polite interviewers. Knew their product and wanted to see if I was able to undestand the value proposition. The group panel was a little intimidatign but I think they mean it that way. A bit of role playing and I believe that i was able to turn my concerns around.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

The phone interview was not difficult but the recruiter was timid, quiet, and seemed uninterested in my well prepared, enthusiastic, and candid responses. I would have appreciated a better recruiter or at least one who took pride in her job. I had much better experiences interviewing with other tech companies.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in April 2008.

Interview

Multiple face to face interviews. Once whittled down to one of the 2-3 final candidates you are flown to San Francisco for interviews with senior management. Very intense interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Stock and/or options no longer given on hire. Can negotiate a forgivable draw for the first 3-6 months.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2014.

Interview

Badly organized Sales development specialist team. Expect a long delay to any questions on the recruitment process.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce in March 2011.

Interview

Quick conversation about the company, my qualifications, and the potential fit

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process involves email communication confirming interest in pursuing opportunities at Salesforce.com, a telephone interview, a face to face interview with the recruiter, a panel interview and the presentation of a case study analysis. The process is very vague. I was never told what specific sales position I was interviewing for, let alone the scope or territory of the position. I was uneasy that my questions about sales methodology were unanswered and the continual emphasis during the interview process was on "the 60 day sales cycle", the "fast pace workplace" and that "you can make a lot of money here". It felt more like a boiler room shop than a sales organization. It was probably for the best that no offer was made as I don't think there would have been a good match.

Interview Questions

• What was your sale quota attainment?   1 Answer
    • Do you feel your quota is attainable or realistic?   1 Answer