Salesforce

3.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Salesforce in May 2010.

Good commiunication from the initial interview setting. Nice area for the interview. Polite interviewers. Knew their product and wanted to see if I was able to undestand the value proposition.

The group panel was a little intimidatign but I think they mean it that way. A bit of role playing and I believe that i was able to turn my concerns around.

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Salesforce in February 2010.

The phone interview was not difficult but the recruiter was timid, quiet, and seemed uninterested in my well prepared, enthusiastic, and candid responses. I would have appreciated a better recruiter or at least one who took pride in her job. I had much better experiences interviewing with other tech companies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce in April 2008.

Multiple face to face interviews. Once whittled down to one of the 2-3 final candidates you are flown to San Francisco for interviews with senior management. Very intense interview process.

Interview Questions
    Stock and/or options no longer given on hire. Can negotiate a forgivable draw for the first 3-6 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Salesforce in April 2014.

Badly organized Sales development specialist team. Expect a long delay to any questions on the recruitment process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce.

1. Online application: no receipt, no feedback, no acknowledgement = they are not interested or chaotic on-line recruitment system (very common in Ireland).

2. Weeks or months later: Unexpected phone call from H.R. First interview on the spot, very light and usual questions, except for this one: What salary you would consider for the job. Selling price before value: never a good sign.

Why calling me such a long time after my application ? No valid answer, but now they are in a hurry to meet me face to face. It just means that my application was at the bottom of the candidates pile. Now, they need to hire quickly, ideally "yesterday". ( Couldn't help but laugh on this one).
    I accept a meeting face to face but choose the time and dates according to my agenda. It's a two way system isn't it.

2. Face to face interviews with all the staff from the bottom of the scale to the top + H.R. Usual questions. Nothing remarkable or out of the box. They will ask the same questions each in turn at different times, So be consistent with answers.
    Schedule of interview can change last minute. Need to adapt. Lack of planning.
    Some interviewers think they are the last interviewer of the session panel while they are the first and other think the contrary. Lack of organisation and communication.

Advice: be yourself. Don't be afraid to ask for immediate feedback at the end. Know where you stand vs other candidates. Ask for a clear commitment with time and date.

My impression is that they have a big budget for hiring, they are "growing tremendously", but also look desperate to recruit anyone, anytime, in any way as quick as possible.

My impression afterwards:

Saleforce has a reputation of paying high wages (in Ireland in 2013), which is true according to what was proposed. However, I have insight from insiders and the pressure is huge, the targets as well (some say impossible to reach) and there is a very deep controlling and monitoring policy for employees with tools used to track and report non stop + management pressure.

I saw a lack of consistency during the interview phases, and they weren't really able to sell me the Saleforce company and job (a name isn't a value proposition). I didn't believe in it. In Dublin, Saleforce appears to me as another call centre.

I went mainly out of curiosity as people talk about them a lot and as a training or preparation tool for other interviews and companies.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or difficult question. More or less obvious and basic interview questions.
      It's more of mini 360 degrees panel where different people will confront their impressions afterwards.

View Answer

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Salesforce in March 2011.

Quick conversation about the company, my qualifications, and the potential fit

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in April 2010.

The interview process involves email communication confirming interest in pursuing opportunities at Salesforce.com, a telephone interview, a face to face interview with the recruiter, a panel interview and the presentation of a case study analysis. The process is very vague. I was never told what specific sales position I was interviewing for, let alone the scope or territory of the position. I was uneasy that my questions about sales methodology were unanswered and the continual emphasis during the interview process was on "the 60 day sales cycle", the "fast pace workplace" and that "you can make a lot of money here". It felt more like a boiler room shop than a sales organization. It was probably for the best that no offer was made as I don't think there would have been a good match.

Interview Questions
    • What was your sale quota attainment?   View Answer
    • Do you feel your quota is attainable or realistic?   View Answer