Salesforce Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

3.2

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

20 minute phone call. I described my past work experience. Was asked a couple simple question. Ultimately I didn't get the position due to lack of sales experience- even though my experience would be a great fit for many other positions there, they require you to start in sales for about a year.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales/ Why would you be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I was referred through a friend. The process took about 2 weeks. First I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then was invited in for an in-person interview. At the in-person interview, I first met with a Sales Rep for 30 minutes and then with a panel of three managers for about an hour. They want to see that you're energetic, articulate, competitive and excited about Salesforce. I had a very positive experience but ultimately accepted another offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce? Why sales? How would you explain Salesforce to somebody on the street? If we were to ask your current boss, what would she say is a strength of yours and what is a weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Three phone interviews, 2 onsiteinterviews the last as a group presentation. The presentation was to describe a deal I had done at a previous company. You get 30 minutes start to finish and graded highly on interaction. I was told the interviews and presentation went well and they had no feedback (not helpful and made me feel as if my time was wasted), I was heavily recruited by them and they called/emailed me for over a year before I went in to interview and to get 0 feedback was unprofessional. All I was told was "not a fit". In the interview process I was continually asked why you would want to join SF. Very young sales team, almost cult like in their view of the company. Not a very welcoming environment and got the impression that if you were not 22, you probably would not fit in. Should have stuck with my gut and not bothered interviewing.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I had two initial phone screenings with a recruiter which were pretty basic. She went through my resume and made sure I had enough sales experience to move on to the next round. The next round consisted of an in-person panel interview with upper management. They once again go over your resume and ask you questions throughout the panel. Why do you want to be in sales? Why Salesforce? How competitive are you? Etc.

Overall, everyone I dealt with throughout the process was very helpful and eager to coach you up to succeed in the interviews. Great experience!

Interview Questions

• Elevator pitch describing Salesforce to your grandmother   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. All SR's start out the same.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Two phone screenings with recruiter, followed by an in person interview with two sales reps, as well as the Sales Manager. Wanted a quick elevator pitch of Salesforce. Asked a lot of questions about my prior work history, and not as much about the actual products they sell.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was referred to by a friend of mine at the company. I was very excited and did research on the company. I knew my resume, and could describe every point in it. I thought I had done well in the interview, and would at least make the next round. I heard back in a few days stating that I did not make the next round. I emailed the recruiter to follow up on where I needed to improve. The recruiter basically said I did not have enough cold calling experience/sales experience. I was a little taken aback since I considered this position a step back in the my career since I would to now be doing cold calling. I understood this though going in, and was willing to take a step back to move 3 steps forward in the future and learn at Salesforce. Ultimately the interview process was smooth and quick, the recruiter was very nice, and I appreciated the follow up on why I did not make it. Encouraged me to reapply after I get more cold calling experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience. What sales experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview with a recruiter, who seemed to have already decided she didn't want to hire me before even speaking to me. She asked about my resume (wanted to confirm a few things), spoke awkwardly about how we would have a conversation on the phone (isn't that what we're doing right now?), informed me about a few obvious things in a condescending manner and then told me that there were candidates with more to offer than me. Not great at her job. Salesforce can probably do better and uh so can I!

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I had an employee at the company put in my resume. The recruiter got in contact with me a couple of days later and we set up a call for the next week. It's your basic phone screen that is completely casual. The recruiter will just ask you about your previous experiences and how they will translate to the position at salesforce. Just make sure you are familiar with all of salesforce's products and have your reasons ready for wanting to join salesforce.

I was prepared for everything and answered the questions convincingly. I just did not have the required 1-2 years of direct sales experience, which is what left me out of the next round of interviews.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

After you get contacted by a recruiter, it takes about a week to get a phone screen. Scheduled a phone interview, and got no call, so I emailed to have it rescheduled. Received no apology either-very unprofessional. Its insulting to wait for a call, and prepare your whole morning around it, and not receive a call. No other company has done this to me. The rescheduled interview was 10 minutes late, and immediately the recruiter conveyed an unfriendly tone evoking a sense that I was already wasting her time. The questions were straightforward, but it was a very uncomfortable process as she gave a cursory glance at my work history. Recruiting department needs to behave more professionally if they want to attract good talent.

Interview Questions

• Explain Salesforce or Cloud Computing   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

this interview was with Salesforce Foundation. I was contacted by a recruiter and did a couple preliminary interview / screens with this person. I was then passed on to the hiring manager for a phone interview. the interview went well . . .nothing spectacular but there was definitely interest on both sides . . . I was told the next step would be an onsite in person interview and to touch base with a follow up email to schedule. I followed up with an email to the hiring manager at his request and the response was "great, I will be in touch next week". and I never heard back . . . in spite of multiple attempts with hiring manager and recruiter . . . not a word . . .. now I understand things change, people get busy but in that job search process I had a number of interviews with a number of organizations large and small . . . virtually all of whom provided a response when the response was no . . be it a courteous personal email or generic pre scripted email letting me know "thanks but no thanks" . . . I was surprised that an organization of the size and stellar reputation of Salesforce would be so cold.