Salesforce

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

3.2

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Salesforce.

I was referred through a friend. The process took about 2 weeks. First I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then was invited in for an in-person interview. At the in-person interview, I first met with a Sales Rep for 30 minutes and then with a panel of three managers for about an hour. They want to see that you're energetic, articulate, competitive and excited about Salesforce. I had a very positive experience but ultimately accepted another offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why Salesforce? Why sales? How would you explain Salesforce to somebody on the street? If we were to ask your current boss, what would she say is a strength of yours and what is a weakness?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

I had two initial phone screenings with a recruiter which were pretty basic. She went through my resume and made sure I had enough sales experience to move on to the next round. The next round consisted of an in-person panel interview with upper management. They once again go over your resume and ask you questions throughout the panel. Why do you want to be in sales? Why Salesforce? How competitive are you? Etc.

Overall, everyone I dealt with throughout the process was very helpful and eager to coach you up to succeed in the interviews. Great experience!

Interview Questions
    • Elevator pitch describing Salesforce to your grandmother   Answer Question
    None. All SR's start out the same.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Salesforce.

I had an employee at the company put in my resume. The recruiter got in contact with me a couple of days later and we set up a call for the next week. It's your basic phone screen that is completely casual. The recruiter will just ask you about your previous experiences and how they will translate to the position at salesforce. Just make sure you are familiar with all of salesforce's products and have your reasons ready for wanting to join salesforce.

I was prepared for everything and answered the questions convincingly. I just did not have the required 1-2 years of direct sales experience, which is what left me out of the next round of interviews.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

After you get contacted by a recruiter, it takes about a week to get a phone screen. Scheduled a phone interview, and got no call, so I emailed to have it rescheduled. Received no apology either-very unprofessional. Its insulting to wait for a call, and prepare your whole morning around it, and not receive a call. No other company has done this to me. The rescheduled interview was 10 minutes late, and immediately the recruiter conveyed an unfriendly tone evoking a sense that I was already wasting her time. The questions were straightforward, but it was a very uncomfortable process as she gave a cursory glance at my work history. Recruiting department needs to behave more professionally if they want to attract good talent.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Salesforce.

I had the opportunity to have a phone interview because i was referred by and existing employee.I was asked what i knew about the company and why i wanted to go into tech sales. I believe I was more the prepared as I researched the company and studied all the programs for days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Salesforce in March 2013.

Pretty simple process but there was a lot of phone interviews with various people within the company. I met with a recruiter, interviewed with 3 people on 3 different occasions, and then started my role. The only big negative thing I had was that I felt Salesforce.com had their own agenda when it came to timing. They were looking for a spot to fill by X date, and if they decided they liked you, they would offer you the job but not give you a ton of time to decide. For me, I found out that they needed a sales rep by (lets call it) March 1st, and I had only about 3 days to make my decision. At the time, I was interviewing elsewhere and wouldn't have heard back from a few of those places until after Salesforce.com needed an answer. I took the job, but I do wish I had had the opportunity to say no.

Interview Questions
    • For me the most challenging question was the mock sales question. Essentially, they gave me a product and asked me to pitch it to them via a cold-call. It caught me really off guard and having never done a cold-call, it was pretty uncomfortable! That being said, there's really no good way to prepare for that, just sound confident :)   Answer Question
    Like I mentioned above, there was essentially no negotiation phase. The contract is the same given to every sales rep, so there's not much wiggle room anyways, but the turn around time was a little too quick for me.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in March 2013.

Got a referell

Interview Questions

Felt like I was taking a step back, the job is lead gen

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in February 2013.

Phone Interview with recruiter- very standard questions, but make sure you know as much about salesforce's products (not just CRM) as possible

In person interview in SF- Nice offices but kind of static. It isn't culty like other people have said on glassdoor, but It seemed very corporate (quiet, not a lot of smiles, everyone typing away).

First an interview with a sales rep- very friendly girl. Not that bright but friendy

Then a panel interview with sales managers. Make sure you know the products inside and out, and make sure you can show that you are fine making a ton of calls a day and doing just that, developing leads and nothing more.

Interview Questions
    • What salesforce product would you sell and how would you sell it?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce in January 2013.

I have enjoyed the interview process thus far. The recruiters are very friendly and transparent.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about specific sales metrics at my current position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Salesforce in November 2011.

You should prepare yourself well for this, know the product and the company values. You should have a knowledge of the applications and the products that the company sells. Have confidence when you talk and know what to say.

Interview Questions
    • They differ depending on the interviewer.   View Answer