Salesforce Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.2

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

- 4 rounds of Phone Screening (1 manager, 3 engineers) - Remote Programming Test - Onsite interview - 6 rounds (2 technical, 2 managerial & 1HR) The HR said they wanted me on board and she is working on the offer. It's been > 2 months and I am still waiting for the offer. Their HR team really SUCKS. They shouldn't leave the candidates hanging on the cliff for this long.

Interview Questions

• Most of the technical questions were around programming/datastructure fundementals, unit tests, recursion etc and few systems design and behavioural questions   Answer Question

Lead Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Two - three phone screens, one day long interview. Some of the people you'll be interviewing with are some of the brightest from carrier, service provider and content, so at senior level+, I'd say be ready for anything. This was the most nervous I'd ever been for an interview, vomited violently the night before my flight and was unable to get any sleep, which at the time I felt crippled me for the interview. But look, everything happens for its reasons (the trick is they're all self generated), and I just wasn't ready for that level of validation. Most of the material on the phone screens was standard, but you were allowed to couch the portrayal in generalities - understanding of forwarding behavior and mechanics was essential, everything was close to platform neutral. I did find that when I was struggling, some of the coaching started to coalesce around specific platforms, but no biggie. Some of it approached deep, be prepared to unpack transport layer behavior in relation to applications + time + distance. The recruiter mentioned they would be changing the interview process to multi-day, which will make it more difficult on the candidate logistically, however, future candidates will find metabolizing what they're feeding much easier. It will allow you to hit the design portion of the interview much much easier. Didn't have the "ah-ha!" moment until I had gotten to sleep.

Interview Questions

• Describe the way information flows through router hardware (looking for tcam to cam, distributed vs centralized forwarding)   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Round one consisted of a one hour mock planning session. The candidate played the PGM role, while 6 or 7 interviewers played mock roles with "personalities". Some preparation was needed before the session, but nothing extensive. The candidate is observed while executing the planning session and handling the various mock personalities of the team. Strong leadership in a group setting along with good organization and thinking on your feet will likely help the candidate succeed. However, this session provides little opportunity to question the interviewers about the job, company, etc., something that would presumably come in round 2. I didn't get to round 2.

Design Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Started with an informal chat through a referral, then in-person chat with a potential peer. Then I was asked to do a design challenge, but the Senior Director reached out and scheduled a one-on-one meeting to get me interested enough to do the design challenge. I did the design challenge, came in, presented it and my work to 8 or so people. Then a breakout session with two designers. I got a rejection, but the Senior Director was extremely proactive, constructive, and upfront with his feedback. It was a far cry from the cagey, fuzzy rejections you get from other places. My experience with Salesforce in many ways will be a model for me in the future: nurture good candidates, treat them well, and even if you reject them, get them to walk away with a positive impression.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you've had to protect your team from distracting one-off requests and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position online. First was a phone screen with HR. They set up a call with the hiring manager for the following week. About a week after that interview, there was an on-site interview with about 7 different people related to the team. Received an offer 1 day after the on-site.

Interview Questions

• Pretty generic interview questions - a lot of questions about past projects and work experience   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

2 rounds with internal recruiters, and then a final onsite with a current SDR and two of the SDR team managers. First two rounds with the recruiters were very straight-forward, made it sound like the process would move smooth. Final round was less than smooth. The first SDR I was speaking with didn't know my name, and had no questions prepared for me. I felt like I was the one who was facilitating the interview. The second round was just having questions fired at me for 40 minutes, some of which has nothing to do with sales or the job because they want to see how you "handle curveballs." At the end when closing the interviewers I found the hesitations they had quite rude and less about the role overall but instead about me personally. I've heard from other people who interviewed here that the process and interview was quite crass, and I could not agree more. Left a very bad taste in my mouth and walked away feeling extremely put off. Could not wait to get out of the building.

Interview Questions

• Who is your biggest inspiration? What is the one question you wished we'd asked you? How would you explain Salesforce to someone who didn't know what it is? Why Salesforce?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

They reached out to me, which speaks to the importance of having a robust LinkedIn profile. Began with a call with a G&A recruiter, followed by call screen with another EA, onsite with a panel (1:1 back to back), SVP, VP, EA; follow up GTM with AVP. Final round onsite with SVP. Everyone has been very warm, authentic, supportive, and encouraging in the process. Very positive experience thus far.

Interview Questions

• My favorite: what's your feedback and/or suggestions to Executives for improving & leveraging the Executive/EA relationship?   Answer Question

Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Got through the recruiter screening and was interviewed by hiring manager. He called almost 10 minutes late without an apology, then rushed through the interview. Seemed unimpressed by my answer when he asked me what I had been doing since laid off 2 months before.. 1) traveling 2) looking for a job

Interview Questions

• What is the market size for tires in the United States?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a product you use (not Google, Facebook or Apple) and give me 3 things you like and 3 things you would improve.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick and painless. Recruiting was fantastic to work with. The process was par for the course in any interview. Know the people you're interviewing with, know the product and crush it.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen where I was asked about past experience and some technical questions which weren't too much of a challenge to answer. A few days later there was a remote coding activity which was done over a gotomeeting session. My experience with the remote coding session was awful! The task wasn't technically difficult but the gotomeeting experience was dreadful! The session would lag a lot and several times things locked up on the remote computer. I had to work in eclipse and was unfamiliar with that environment. I only ended up finishing about 50% of the assignment! The remote nature of this step in the process should not be under estimated! I was surprised to hear back from them a few days later to schedule an on site interview! They understood that the remote coding environment can be difficult and liked what I did get done. The on site experience was excellent! There were some tough questions but overall it felt more like a conversation about technologies and techniques than a drilling.

Negotiation

The offer was more than generous I did not negotiate.