Salesforce

3.2

169 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce in November 2014.

2 HR calls and phone interview which I screwed up. Phone interview was for software engineer in test. HR asked basic why sales force questions. why I am looking for a new job.

Interview Questions
    • Questions:
      Find the largest integer in an array
      algorithm to resolve a meeting conflict
        View Answer

CFL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Easy straightforward. Good interviewers. We'll managed. Recruiting and hiring managers were well versed in their respective roles and we're able to easily Articulate role expectations. I have heard negative experiences but that was not mine at all.

Easy. Straight forward.

Cloud Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Salesforce.

I originally applied for a similar position but in a different department. I didn't hear back from Salesforce for about a month, but then a recruiter reached out to me for a "potential" position with another group. The original position I applied for was already filled out, but there is a new Head of Cloud Security who is building a new department, per the recruiter.

So I was put in touch with this person, who then later conducted a phone interview with me. The discussion was pretty light, as if he is not sure what kind of staff he is looking for. I chalked it up to the fact that this guy is new to Salesforce and is building a new department. A couple of weeks later, I followed-up with him, who then called me and asked if I can meet with him TODAY. This is an extraordinary request, but seeing there is a chance to meet him for an "onsite" interview, I agreed. So I cancelled all my meetings and went to meet with him.

This "onsite" interviewer was not something I expected: he was asking about my experiences on how to implement security for a Cloud Service Provider, which I did. But at the end, he said that the position he is looking for is NOT open for the next 2 months. Why would he not told me this over the phone? It's a huge waste of time on my end, having to travel from my workplace to meet with the hiring manager, who just want to tell me he is still "thinking" about a position that does NOT yet EXIST.

All in all, I am worried on his strategic thinking on managing this department, especially coming from somebody who hold an executive leadership position, and glad that I "did not get the job".

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Have to say the recruiter was absolutely amazing to work with. She was very informative and sweet and always had open communication. Initially spoke with recruiter through phone with basic role description/why do you want to work here questions, etc. I then had two 30 min phone interviews one after the other with hiring mgr and hiring director. The hiring mgr was nice enough, asked a lot of technical questions. The hiring director was very hard to read and after you gave her answer she would just say "okay". After these 3 phone interviews ,I was invited to onsite interview which was a terrible experience. The recruiter greeted me and she was very nice but that was where the positive ended. I was supposed to meet with 4 people that day but 2 of the people I was supposed to meet with were in other mtgs so they subbed in 2 other people last minute who were not really sure what they were supposed to be asking me. I was also supposed to be given a case study but they didn't give it to me and when I asked them about it--they just told me oh well. This was especially annoying as I had spent a lot of time preparing for the case study and not taking it could have hurt my chances. 2 days later I followed up with recruiter and she told me they decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • combination of behavioral/technical/salesforce related   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in July 2014.

I was initially contacted by the recruiter for Chatter team to see if there's a match. I went through one technical phone interview and the remote programming test. After I passed them both, they came back and told me that they've changed direction.

A few days later, another recruiter from Sales Cloud approached me and since I've done the remote programming test, they skipped that but instead I get to do technical remote whiteboarding interview once and talked to the Director of Engineering. Once I've passed those, they flew me to their HQ for 6 rounds of interview (one of them is lunch).

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the process as they tried to ensure I'm ready and well prepared for each round of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you everything from the Database up to the Front-End   Answer Question

RSI Partner Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in May 2014.

Got a call from recruiter first after I submit the resume on line. Then, I was scheduled on a call with hiring manager. After that, I had onsite interview panel with 4 people for 2 hours. People were nice and friendly though. But they have some tough questions.

Interview Questions
    • Where else you applied besides salesforce.com?
      What would you do to get to know people here when you first start?
        View Answer

Senior Software Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce.

It took about 2 1/2 months from the time I applied to the time I got the offer in hand. Phone screened by hiring manager for 1 hr, followed by another 2 phone screens, followed by in-person interview with 5 people, followed by another phone interview. Since it was moving along, I knew that there is an interest in me. All the interviews went fine and the team was happy. Finally I got the offer. Overall, it was handled in a very professional manner and I was impressed with their thoroughness.

Interview Questions
    The offer was lower than expected. I gave them a new figure (matching compensation from my previosu company) and they accepted it.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in May 2014.

I applied through a referral and the process took 3+ weeks.

Initial phone call was a 30 minute discussion with a member of the recruiting team to identify why I was interested in the position and to determine if I qualified (on paper) for the position. Next up was a 45 minute discussion with a director in the team to better understand my functional and technical experiences. 3 days later I had an initial discussion with the hiring manager, mostly conversational discussion to understand why I was looking to move.

After 2 days, the HR manager followed up with me regarding availability for my first onsite interview. The day starts early, typically consisting of six 45-minute discussions with people from every department you will be working with should you get the job. In my case, I met with product management, business development, sales, IT architect, product development and they each focused on specific attributes. Strongly recommend using the STAR model for answering all case and qualitative questions.

Approx. 2 days later I was contacted by the HR manager to come and deliver a presentation to the product marketing team on a topic they had hand-selected based on my background in CPG. Plan your time wisely, typically only 30 minutes are allotted to speak, with the remainder of the 1 hour dedicated to conversation and questions on approach and technique on how I came to the recommendations presented.

The HR manager contacted me 3 days later indicating hiring manager was interested in making me an offer. Unlike any other company I have interviewed for in the past, it was clear that Salesforce was looking for qualified talent first and once they find it, are willing to provide attractive compensation packages. I gave the manager my current salary and comp plan numbers, she called me back that evening with their first offer. The offer was 15% over my current base, which made negotiating the rest of the commission-based package very easy. I asked for a week to make a decision and then provided a verbal "yes" one week later.

Overall, very positive interview with Salesforce.

Interview Questions
    • Provide examples of differentiated enterprise platforms and what makes them unique?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Initial phone screen by recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, 1 round onsite interview with 4 people 30 min each, and then offer. The interview was not in any way different from other conventional interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were not difficult. There were several questions about experience in the various types of recruiting specializations. Fairly unsophisticated. The question that was borderline difficult to answer was whether a contract opportunity is preferred versus a permanent employment.   Answer Question

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in May 2014.

Contacted by recruiter. Initial technical phone screen went well and I was scheduled for interview. Interviewed with 4 people for 45 minutes each. It was a very easy interview. No hard questions and they seemed impressed with my background. It seems like they have a lot of work to do and really need good engineers.

Interview Questions

They will NOT consider employees taking any time without pay for any reason. They were completely inflexible regarding sabbatical outside of normal vacation policy. Unwilling to even consider any kind of fixed vacation schedule to align with my kid's school breaks.