Salesforce Senior Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

3.6

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick and painless. Recruiting was fantastic to work with. The process was par for the course in any interview. Know the people you're interviewing with, know the product and crush it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I was contacted through Linkedin by an internal recruiter who asked for a initial phone call. The recruiter vetted my background, achievements and decided I was a good candidate for an in-person interview. The recruiter had great energy and I was enthusiastic about my interview with the regional VP's. The hiring managers were very disinterested - they asked me some token questions about my background and about 10 minutes in said, "do you have any questions for us?" I wrapped the interview up early.

Interview Questions

• If we cannot tell you what your territory would be or what target accounts you'll have, would you take the job?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I was referred by a fried so the process was actually very easy for me. today its much harder and you have to run through a panel of people as well as give the corporate pitch.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in April 2014.

Interview

Although the recruiter seemed naive and inexperienced, all of the subsequent interviews were very positive. I had to have 5 interviews in order to get the offer. The process was only 2-3 weeks. I was impressed with all of the interviewers which made me want to work for the company. I did not have to present a pitch like other candidates have stated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but probably had an opportunity to do so.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Salesforce in December 2013.

Interview

Very confusing interview process. Several recruiters and their assistants involved. Interviewed on the phone with a new manager who was being promoted. He seemed really green. Interview went very well and he kept me on the phone for over the scheduled hour. In the end he did not move forward with me which was probably a good thing. Not a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Remember a time when you sold something to a customer who was very "difficult".   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

4 interviews including presentation to VP panel

Interview Questions

• Explain the most creative way you have won a six figure deal   Answer Question

Negotiation

Low salary not much room for negotiation - benefit is GREAT commissions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Anaheim, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Very disorganized at least in the S. CA market; I had to contact a senior level contact to resolve what can only be called a "poor process." Later learned the person I interviewed with initially had quit, so the revolving door experience. The senior recruiter was very anxious to get rid of me so the stall tactics ensued. Not a class act!

Interview Questions

• In an effort to buy time on their end they sent a spreadsheet with some questions that were revenue related...it looked like it had been cut and pasted from some other company...In addition they were not interested in conversing, merely following the template they had cleverly created. This was a less than riveting experience and I was disappointed...they made the offer, but I was totally underwhelmed by the people I spoke with, the disorganization, the posturing and the overall unprofessionalism. They are a big outfit to be so weak in this department!   Answer Question

i really spearheaded the process and the interviewer through the process; much emphasis on numbers with no regard for true business value or long term results. (ie if you are working on new business it is a different process/result than farming accounts.) I think their postings of insisting on a w2 earnings of $200K are laughable if you look at Glassdoor and the salaries that are listed...they are all in the low 100s which is decent but not worth the blustering they spewed..these are not the 90s and your sounding dated!!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

You will go through numerous interviews either on the phone and in person. you will have several face to face interviews and then a final presentation interview/role play. The comment internally that it is easier to get into Harvard than it is to get hired at Salesforce.

Interview Questions

• typical selling strategy questions   5 Answers

Negotiation

they do not negotiate. Take it or leave it.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The hiring process was extremely slow. It took roughly 2 months to get everything together for the process. I went through two different presentations as well as an onsite negotiation and account review session. Although slow, the process was extremely rewarding, allowing me to learn a lot about the company

Interview Questions

• There was not a lot of difficult questions, just the questions associated with the presentation which is an area that one needs to prepare for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Went back and forth with hiring HR person and VPs. It wasn't difficult, although, I got a pretty low-ball offer to begin with. They met me half way from the competition. It is not the base pay I was concerned about, it was the accounts I wanted to ensure I honed in on. That was a bit less specific but I got some assurance with other offerings as part of the offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

This was by far the most rigorous yet most rewarding recruitment experience I've ever been through. My recruiter was unbelievably amazing in preparing me for the process, so that the only reason I wouldn't get the job would be my own fault. With that being said, it was a long and exhausting process - 5 qualifying & prep calls, 2 f2f interviews, and 1 in-person presentation.

Interview Questions

• Really, there were no surprises. As I said above, the expectations were set very clearly from the in-house recruiter. They have a very specific type of person they're looking for, and all the hard work preparing for the interviews and presentation pay off!   2 Answers