Salesforce

Updated Jul 16, 2014

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Salesforce.

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Spent a whole day, I thought I was on the bubble. Didn't get the job because I didn't "pass the test" so to speak. But no word on which test either then or later. The overall experience was a big turnoff.

Interview Questions
  • Given a regular English dictionary, and a word to start with (e.g. "head"), you can only change one letter a time, but every change has to be a word in the dictionary (e.g. head -> heal) What is the quickest way to an end word (e.g. "tail")?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Salesforce.

Recruiter, manager, remote programming test, team panel interview by skype, in person interview, VP interview.

Recruiter was awesome, she was on top of everything and took me 1 week to complete everything.

Interview Questions
    I was able to get what i asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Several stages:

System design: how to design a back end system (with scaling scenarios)

Algorithms: graphs and trees

Programming: Java fundamentals and collections

Architecture: explain a system you built

Databases: ways to address performance and scaling

Work history and culture seemed to be addressed during each stage of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce in August 2012.

I was contacted by an external recruiter who arranged several informal interviews. When it was decided to proceed for a specific job, I had a technical programming exam which was evaluated for style and sophistication. They then flew me to San Francisco for a day of interviews.

Throughout I was very impressed with the professionalism and courtesy. Relative to other very big companies I interviewed with, salesforece.com was by far the best.

Interview Questions
    • The programming exam was fairly large and had many ways of doing it. I chose to spend time on the design and proper Object Oriented design of my code and never actually got an executable going. Nevertheless the quality of my code impressed them enough to invite me to in person interview.   Answer Question
    The base salary was firm, but I negotiated a starting bonus of approximately 10% of my annual base, and increased the initial RSU stock grant by 20%.

They were also very flexible with starting date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Salesforce in May 2011.

Phone screen by a recruiter. Followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited to give a presentation and was interviewed by 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • You're on vacation and you need to provide your boss with input for a presentation to the CEO. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Salesforce in August 2009.

The interview process itself is OK. The problem I am having is a few days later their HR called and told me most of the panel members have very positive opinions toward me and she "just need to collect a couple more feedback". And couple days later she said the group I originally interviewed with "had just lost the headcount", and "whether I would consider an opportunity at another group". Seems I was the candidate B for that group and candidate A had just accepted an offer. If that's the case why got my hopes up while in fact a guy was in front of me? Also the group manager I had lunch with had an annoying habit of staring at me constantly.

Interview Questions
    • a 2 hours programming exercise with a simple file system command simulator   Answer Question

Has another offer. Does not want to consider another group at salesforce and more delays.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce in July 2009.

This is a special interview where part of the team I have met before had a good impression of me so they invited me back for a full interview, with a different set of people on the panel. There is a two hour programming tests where you are expected to build a Java class that can satisfy the requirement as specified on a 4 page document. Advice to test takes please do not spend too much time on reading the requirement at the first time, since most likely you will need to come back and review it again. The problem might look simple but it could take the full allotted 2 hours to finish it. My 1:1 sessions started after the programming tests. I had 5 interviewers plus another person taking me for lunch(no interview questions but not sure if part of evaluation).

Interview Questions
    • What kind of communicator are you, "mellow" or "aggressive"?   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

some are technical but others are not. It varies by dept and interviewers

Interview Questions
    • most of them are not so tough. It seems like you will be judged by not just your technical skills but also your personality   Answer Question