Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen where I was asked about past experience and some technical questions which weren't too much of a challenge to answer. A few days later there was a remote coding activity which was done over a gotomeeting session. My experience with the remote coding session was awful! The task wasn't technically difficult but the gotomeeting experience was dreadful! The session would lag a lot and several times things locked up on the remote computer. I had to work in eclipse and was unfamiliar with that environment. I only ended up finishing about 50% of the assignment! The remote nature of this step in the process should not be under estimated! I was surprised to hear back from them a few days later to schedule an on site interview! They understood that the remote coding environment can be difficult and liked what I did get done. The on site experience was excellent! There were some tough questions but overall it felt more like a conversation about technologies and techniques than a drilling.

Negotiation

The offer was more than generous I did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

Couple of phones screens followed by onsite interviews. At least been interviewed by 10+ people overall. Onsite interview took me half a day but most of them are repeated questions. Once selected HR will call you to negotiate the salaries. It took me couple of months to complete the process as there is confusion on the location of the job, otherwise entire process may take 2 to 4 weeks from the first call.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. Spent a whole day, I thought I was on the bubble. Didn't get the job because I didn't "pass the test" so to speak. But no word on which test either then or later. The overall experience was a big turnoff.

Interview Questions

• Given a regular English dictionary, and a word to start with (e.g. "head"), you can only change one letter a time, but every change has to be a word in the dictionary (e.g. head -> heal) What is the quickest way to an end word (e.g. "tail")?   1 Answer

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Recruiter, manager, remote programming test, team panel interview by skype, in person interview, VP interview. Recruiter was awesome, she was on top of everything and took me 1 week to complete everything.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to get what i asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Several stages: System design: how to design a back end system (with scaling scenarios) Algorithms: graphs and trees Programming: Java fundamentals and collections Architecture: explain a system you built Databases: ways to address performance and scaling Work history and culture seemed to be addressed during each stage of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Two one-on-one phone interviews. Then an interview with the entire team. Then a coding challenge that took some hours to complete and submit. It was a pretty thorough interview process, though not as thorough as some other Bay Area companies which often require Computer Science based questions to be answered or coded on the fly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter who arranged several informal interviews. When it was decided to proceed for a specific job, I had a technical programming exam which was evaluated for style and sophistication. They then flew me to San Francisco for a day of interviews. Throughout I was very impressed with the professionalism and courtesy. Relative to other very big companies I interviewed with, salesforece.com was by far the best.

Interview Questions

• The programming exam was fairly large and had many ways of doing it. I chose to spend time on the design and proper Object Oriented design of my code and never actually got an executable going. Nevertheless the quality of my code impressed them enough to invite me to in person interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The base salary was firm, but I negotiated a starting bonus of approximately 10% of my annual base, and increased the initial RSU stock grant by 20%. They were also very flexible with starting date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone screen by a recruiter. Followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited to give a presentation and was interviewed by 4 people.

Interview Questions

• You're on vacation and you need to provide your boss with input for a presentation to the CEO. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview process itself is OK. The problem I am having is a few days later their HR called and told me most of the panel members have very positive opinions toward me and she "just need to collect a couple more feedback". And couple days later she said the group I originally interviewed with "had just lost the headcount", and "whether I would consider an opportunity at another group". Seems I was the candidate B for that group and candidate A had just accepted an offer. If that's the case why got my hopes up while in fact a guy was in front of me? Also the group manager I had lunch with had an annoying habit of staring at me constantly.

Interview Questions

• a 2 hours programming exercise with a simple file system command simulator   Answer Question

Has another offer. Does not want to consider another group at salesforce and more delays.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

This is a special interview where part of the team I have met before had a good impression of me so they invited me back for a full interview, with a different set of people on the panel. There is a two hour programming tests where you are expected to build a Java class that can satisfy the requirement as specified on a 4 page document. Advice to test takes please do not spend too much time on reading the requirement at the first time, since most likely you will need to come back and review it again. The problem might look simple but it could take the full allotted 2 hours to finish it. My 1:1 sessions started after the programming tests. I had 5 interviewers plus another person taking me for lunch(no interview questions but not sure if part of evaluation).

Interview Questions

• What kind of communicator are you, "mellow" or "aggressive"?   Answer Question