Salesforce

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Support Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in September 2011.

The process started with the recruiter contacting me on a networking site. Once I responded with my interest, he arranged for a screening call which was quite pleasant. He gave a good overview of the role and also asked general questions about my experience. He then proceeded to arrange for the first round of phone interview with the hiring manager for the next day.
The phone interview with the hiring manager was confusing for me. He was working from home and hence, had line disturbances which was a distraction through out the call. But he was nice to talk to and came straight to the point of my relevance with the role. We spoke about my experience and my knowledge in salesforce.com. Though I was certified admin, I did not have much hands on experience in Salesforce.com. That did not seem to matter. What he was looking for in the interview was my ability to face clients. Which I think I did satisfactorily. The phone call lasted for about 30 mins. It went ok for me.
I did not recieve any update till 3 days excluding weekend. So, I got back to the recruiter with an update which was the only miss I found in the whole process. He quickly then updated me on the feedback and that they wanted to conduct a f2f. The f2f was at the NY office and included video conference.
When I reached office, we found we had problems with the video conference setting up and the interview was going to delayed. However it was well arranged by the recruiter remotely and there was no blame game going on there which I found a good thing.
The video conference was with a panel of 3 which included peers and senior to this position. It was more serious than the phone interview. It consisted of semi-technical questions like explaining concepts, role play and other questions like how to prioritise, time management, etc. Following the video conference, there were 2 more f2f 1:1 rounds with the hiring manger and the VP.

I recieved a verbal offer the very day which was lightening speed. It was a bit disappointing though in terms of position. They said because of my no of years of experience, they cannot offer senior position. I wondered if they had seen that before. The salary was decent. I accepted the offer because it was a great role and with immense learning opportunity. Overall, it was a great experience and a very smooth recruiting process.

Interview Questions
  • how would you handle a difficult client?   Answer Question
  • explain a situation where there was high escalation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • were there any proactive actions you took to delight the customer?   Answer Question
  • why would a company NOT use salesforce.com?   View Answer
The salary was decent but not upto my expectations. There was mild negotiation and they could increase only that much. It wasn't too bad for me and did not pursue longer. They were open to hear you though which was a good thing.

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Senior Support Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce in January 2010.

Several interviews, some of them in-person and over the phone. Some questions were simple, but very oriented to your experience. Do not expect it will be easy, too many people will provide a feedback about you if you want to get a job.

Interview Questions
    • How do you react when a customer call regarding a specific problem? Please describe all the steps.   Answer Question