Salesforce Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The process of scheduling interview is really messy in this company, although I really liked the company initially. Very negative experience. No technical question at all, the interviewer was Indian and I Could Not tell his words.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Talked to a Salesforce recruiter at a campus career fair. They reached out to me several weeks later and had me do a phone interview, and then had me complete an online coding challenge. Phone interview was lots of small technical questions, not one large coding question. Also discussion of past experiences/projects and why you're interested in Salesforce. Medium difficulty.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in November 2014.

Interview

Got email from HR to schedule phone interview.

First round was a walk through the course work and resume.
    One coding question : Get remainder string after a sub string.
    Example: inputStr = "abcde" subStr = "cd" return = "e"

Secound round was another technical round. The interviewer was not clear with his question.
    Max repeated character which occurs at a time first index..
    Example: aabbaaa output: 4

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Salesforce in November 2014.

Interview

I met with a recruiter on campus through a career fair. They took a copy of my resume. Around a week later I received an email about setting up a phone interview. The interview was pretty easy. Couple of technical questions like how to get the unique items from an array, How to keep track of the max and min numbers from a continuous stream of numbers. I solved the problems in python. The interviewer insisted I redo it in Java, which I found odd.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in November 2014.

Interview

On campus recruiting. The process took 3-4 weeks. Phone interview lasted 1 hour. The interviewer was actually very nice and helpful. Was asked about some basic concept questions like what it means to be static/superclass/object-oriented language. Followed by a structured on-lone coding question on determining if parenthesis is balanced in a given line of text.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in April 2014.

Interview

First talked met with them at a university recruiting session. Had an on the spot interview with the recruiter, asked intermediate level java and concurrency questions. Got some contact information, submitted my resume online, and got an email back scheduling a phone interview. Had one phone interview, some more email back and forth about how I felt the interview went, and then after about a week or two I got a phone call with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Lots of data structures questions. The one that I struggled the most with was: given an binary search tree (that is, an ordered tree), how would you find the element of the tree at a particular "index", where index is defined as the position in the tree's ordering.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring manager will do a phone screen interview first, questions of the phone interview is mostly general questions like "tell me about yourself", "what are you interesting in", "why do you want to change job", "why do you want to work for Salesforce", etc. If the manager is satisfy with your answers then an onsite interview will be scheduled. Process is very quick.

Interview Questions

• Given a situation, come up with a most efficient algorithm to find the solution   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview. Friendly interviewer.

Interview Questions

• In java and using math, check if a number is a palindrome.   1 Answer
    • How does the garbage collector know if an object can be collected?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in February 2014.

Interview

The entire process was excellent. I got to experience why Salesforce is truly among the best firms to work at but the interview process is long and tough. 9 technical & 1 behavior with HR - 1 hour interviews and fairly tough code test in addition. The company is looking for not just smart, intelligent, well rounded software & data engineers, but also those that are good team players, show a passion for the industry and can get along with the teams/interviews well (since you'll be working likely with them).

Interview Questions

• Cannot disclose exact questions due to confidentiality agreement, however, know your algorithms with respect to running time and memory requirements. If you worked hard in CS school and learned the fundamentals well, all the questions are fair. Understand multi-threading, multi-process, algos (DP) and advanced data structs, various testing (unit, functional, etc), agile scrum, databases, operating systems (mostly unix based), web layers and little bit of network protocols helped (depending on your role)). Being strong in core Java & JEE was definitely a plus. All engineers you'll interview with are very bright so don't make up solutions if you do not understand something, ask questions and try to give it your 100% to figure out the solution together.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little open ended, however, they pay very competitively. I didn't negotiate since they gave me a great compensation that I was looking for. They don't try to low-ball you (least not from my experience).

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Through campus career fair. Phone interview 3 days after the fair.

Interview Questions

• Asked something about java memory questions. How to handle out of memory error?   1 Answer