Salesforce Solution Architect Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.5

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce in December 2014.

Interview

Very straight-forward, and organized. I was contacted by a recruiter for an initial screen, had two phone interviews with two different directors (they were interviewing me for two potential positions), and then was brought onsite for a half day interview. Onsite interview was the most difficult portion, but only because it involved two interviewers at once. Questions were not too difficult though, mostly trying to understand my background and probe that I would work for one, or both of the roles. People seemed very happy, and especially proud of Salesforce. This was evident by everyone with whom I talked. Company culture seems fantastic, very supportive of its employees and well organized.

Interview Questions

• During the onsite, some of the interviewers were actually remote so were able to do digging on my personal information (LinkedIn, etc.). Had to field questions related to my experience, projects, etc. from there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not a lot of negotiation, very generous offer. Compensation and commissions could inevitably be negotiated, but benefits are pretty well set by company policy, and very generous.

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Was being considered for 3 different positions by two different recruiters. Passed between VPs and over 6 phone interviews, including Skype calls. Final interview was in-person in Chicago office for case study presentation followed by team interview by three individuals. I was required to prepare an in-depth solution that addressed numerous requirements and to articulate how which SFDC solution would be most appropriate and why, including benefits. Although I was in-person, the 2 key individuals (VP and director) doing interview were on the phone. After spending two weeks preparing a cohesive deck with the help of friends within Salesforce, within the first minute the interviewers who were role playing as CIO and related client positions began throwing out antagonistic questions to throw me off, in an attempt to see how I would handle the situation, which I immediately recognized as being their strategy. I addressed each of their questions with each interruption and also at one point recommended they hold a question or two until I got to that point in my presentation. They didn't like that one bit and immediately wrote me off as being unable to handle being in front of C-level clients. (I've been in that position many times, but their scenario was unrealistic.) They rudely dropped off the call and the one person left in room told me "don't worry about it. we all get put through that process." The group interview went well with good people in similar roles and with thoughtful questions. In my post-mortem with the recruiter I explained what happened and he was surprised and concerned that the interviewers contradicted his direction to me. I got an email two days later saying they pass. I informed my two close friends on the inside and they were not surprised, sharing their horror stories with their hiring process including downright rudeness to them, multiple cycles over as many as two years (!) and shouting matches. I had high hopes for a job with Salesforce, but after that experience, I really don't want to work for a company that is so disjointed and frankly hires people who are arrogant and unprofessional. I'll stick with the integrators/consultants that they themselves were badmouthing in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• No one particular question, rather rapid fire, concurrent questions overlapping without affording the opportunity to answer them as part of their role playing case study presentation process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

- Initial process started with the recruiter. Went through a standard screening
    - Next step was to speak with some peers who went into my background and experience. General discussion on previous experience no real biggie.
    - After this I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager and it went for 45 mins. He was very satisfied.
    - Next I was called into the NY office for in person discussions. I was going to meet 3-4 people including the hiring mgr.
    - While the hiring manager showed up on time and the discussion went well, the other interviewers were late....one of them was almost 20mins. late. I had to keep asking the front desk lady to help me find these interviewers. She did her best to contact them.
    - One of the interviewers surprised me when he said that he was not sure what position I was interviewing for. Then, in the middle of the discussion he took several phone calls. In the end instead of taking 45 mins he spent only 10 minutes effectively. I was quite disgusted with the whole thing.
    - In a nutshell, the in-person interviews left me with a bad taste.............and even if I had gotten an offer, I would have declined it.

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

A 4 stage interview process over several months. I was referred in which most new hires tend to be.

Initial interviews focused on skillset with the later focused on culture, community and personal drive.

To advance you must be yourself and your sense of self must naturally fit the dynamics of the team you are hoping to join.

Your interview process will include peers, managers, directors and General managers who may be off shore.

Interview Questions

• What interests you most about a company like Salesforce   1 Answer

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial email introductions followed by in-person and phone interviews. About 1 hour for interviews.

Courteous throughout. They tried more to understand if the experience in general was suitable for the role rather than Salesforce platform knowledge.

This baffles me, as, if the role expects you to sell Solutions in Salesforce why that is not checked for?!!!

Interview was very very generic!

Interview Questions

• Questions on roles and responsibilities and how would you handle it? *No* Salesforce platform questions were asked!   1 Answer

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months.
    Eight rounds of interviews with a mix of telephone and face-to-face with anyone across the organisation (EU and US) for cultural fit as well as technical competences.

Interview Questions

• The process included a case study and face-to-face presentation to a panel.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straightforward.

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

4 interviews with the final one being a panel interview with 6 individuals. The case study was suppose to provide enough material for 80 minutes of role playing and 30 minutes of interview discussions. The experience was a little unrealistic to ask a person to spend countless hours configuring a product for an interview process rather than talk through capabilities.

Interview Questions

• How do I know that my competitors cannot access my information?   1 Answer

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contract for an HR Interview which was followed by 4 Telephone Interviews. The interviews were both technical, situational and informative. The interviewees seemed honest and open. I was then flown in to for a group/panel interview in Toronto ( was originally planned for Atlanta) where I was asked to present on a pre-selected topic. To my surprise, the group had some other expectation in terms of the content and material. Nevertheless, the panel interview was followed a couple of phone interviews. I have not heard from them since. Kindda unprofessional I think. I do want to mention that they did reimburse the Interview expenses 3 weeks following the trip to Toronto - the bank transfer fee.. :)... The recruitment process tells a lot about the company in general...