Salesforce.com

6 interviews

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Salesforce.com in October 2010.

Started with employee referral.
1/2 hour initial phone interview with HR recruiter.
Two subsequent 1/2 hour phone interviews with more senior roles in Client Services.
Both interviews were very different.
First was mostly questions, second was mostly interviewer talking about the company & the role.
Sample questions:
1) What are the greatest challenges to cloud computing?
2) How do you think this position should be evaluated, i.e., what should the performance metrics be?

Interview Questions
  • What are the greatest challenges in getting customers to accept cloud computing?   View Answer
  • How should this position be evaluated, i.e., what should the performance metrics be?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2008.

Hiring manager was disorganized but pleasant. The interview consisted of a case study. In order to prepare, I studied the best practice area of the website. The key to the case study was anticipated the possible role play questions and common areas that a customer would push back.

Interview Questions
    • During the case study - the role of the customer is to push back on the customer success manager regarding data quality and spending money on a vendor to fix the problem.   View Answer
    • At the end of the case study, be sure to wrap up the conversation with the customer.   View Answer
    Know what you are willing to accept and stick to it. The hiring manager was not a strong negoitiator.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2011.

Initial phone interview with HR. Second phone interview with Customer For Life ni ring manager. 1 hour panel presentation

Interview Questions
    • Not really. There were enough info on their website and YouTube to be well prepared   Answer Question
    Very brief as they match my salary requirement and added a car allowance

Customer Success Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in September 2011.

I initially had a phone screen with the internal recruiter, who suggested I have a one on one interview with the hiring manager. The following week, the recruiter informed me that the hiring manager wanted to meet me in person. Aproximately 2 weeks later I was asked to complete a presentation for a "Case Study". He emailed me the details of the case study and I spent seven days preparing for it. Approximately 2 weeks later I was advised by phone that the role had been given to an internal candidate.

A week after this I was contacted and advised that the company had increased head count and that because they were very interested in my background they wanted me back for a further interview. The following Monday I arrived at their office for a Video hook up with their VP and Hiring Manager to be advised that the meetig was cancelled and re scheduled for later that week.

Having waited 3 weeks after this video conference interview I was advised that I was to partcipate in a telephone conference call with their MD of UK who managed the Asia Pacific region. Following 2 postponements the date was finally set. O the day of the final conference call I sat on the phone for ten minutes waiting for the MD to join the conference call. When it was apparent he would not show I rang the internal HR and they advised they had just received a email cancelling the conference call.

However, the next week came and went with no update. The following week, I sent an email to the HR recruiter and did not receive a response. A few days later, the HR recruiter advised he found my email in his Junk Mail and that he was still trying to arrange another conference call. Following another 2 weeks I sent another email which bounced back with HR recruiter on anual leave. When I rang the HR department I was advised that all roles had been filled.

Having spent 3 months going through 6 interviews including a case study and then being asked to attend a failed conference call and then to be told that there are no jobs anyway?It is shocking to me that this is the way that Salesforce.com does business. I guess I should be relieved since I imagine this is symptomatic of how they treat their employees and customers.

This would be the worst process I have ever come across for the way candidates are treated.

Interview Questions
    • Customer business case requiring enterprise architecture background to advise customer of solutions.   View Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2009.

Interviewed with the potential boss first, followed by a group interview by two VP Sales. Asked a lot about experience in sales - no questions outside a standard interview practice. Process took about 3 weeks, ultimately I declined the offer. Good company, very good comp. Fast paced environment, very sales-centric.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked in the restaurant industry?   View Answer

Personal Reasons

Customer Success Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in August 2009.

I initially had a phone screen with the internal recruiter, who suggested I have a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview with the hiring manager was a little awkward as the hiring manager was very difficult to read and was rather impersonal. As a result, I didn't expect anything to come of it.

Suprisingly, the following week, the recruiter informed me that the hiring manager wanted to meet me in person for a "Case Study". He emailed me the details of the case study (pasted below) and I spent significant time preparing for it.

I arrived in the office and was left waiting by the receptionist for over 30 minutes, with no excuse or apology given. Finally, the hiring manager arrived, along with a colleague and we proceded to go through the case study. At the end of the exercise, we took a short break and the hiring manager provided feedback, which sounded as if things went well. He told me he was meeting with a few other people and the next strp would be an additional phone interview and they would decide by the following week.

However, the next week came and went with no update. The following week, I sent an email to the recruiter and did not receive a response. A few days later, I called the recruiter and left a voicemail...still no response. The following week, I tried calling the recruiter one last time and after leaving I message, I still have not received a response. Nothing! Zippo! Not even a simple "thank you, but we have filled the position".

I would never do business with these people!

Interview Questions
    • Case Study scenario:

An executive meeting with individuals you have not interacted with in the past. You have done research through conversations with others at sfdc, reviewed system dataâ?¦ you are aware that the executives have raised some questions about staying on the service. You have requested to meet with the stakeholders. The meeting objective is to understand their perspective, confirm the situation, and wrap up with some suggestions on a path forward that will show value and maintain this customer on the service.

This should not be a presentation. It is a customer discussion led by you. It is an executive meeting dealing with an account that is questioning value and may have some issues. Your role is to ask questions that open dialogue specific to your objectives.
        View Answer

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!