Salesforce.com

379 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Quality Engineer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2014.

Interview Details – Referred by employee and later got contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. It was an 1 hour phone interview with online programming. After the phone, they determined that I didn't need a second round interview and go onsite directly. The onsite was set about 1 week later.

Interview Question – Phone interview: reverse an array, and write test cases for it.

Onsite:
1. How to test twitter posting?
2. Programming test 2 methods: reverse a string and compare 2 strings. Write test cases for both methods.
3. Manager Interview
4. Revers a circled linked list. Questions about singleton pattern.
  View Answer

Lead IT Engineer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in August 2010.

Interview Details – I do not want to share it as i have signed a non dis closer document with the company. I will not be able to share it online as they say it is going to impact the business but i can take a risk of doing the sharing of the interview process with online.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details – 1st level phone interview followed by a programming round. If you pass the second one there will be a 3-4 hours in person interview and after that I had another two technical interviews through phone.

Interview Question – There were some puzzle type questions asked in the in-person interview which was required to be solved with a white board solution in 2 minutes to judge how you think I guess. It was unexpected..but was good   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The Salary was offered equal or more than my expectation and I was totally ready to say "Yes"

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details – After you get contacted by a recruiter, it takes about a week to get a phone screen. Scheduled a phone interview, and got no call, so I emailed to have it rescheduled. Received no apology either-very unprofessional. Its insulting to wait for a call, and prepare your whole morning around it, and not receive a call. No other company has done this to me. The rescheduled interview was 10 minutes late, and immediately the recruiter conveyed an unfriendly tone evoking a sense that I was already wasting her time. The questions were straightforward, but it was a very uncomfortable process as she gave a cursory glance at my work history. Recruiting department needs to behave more professionally if they want to attract good talent.

Interview Question – Explain Salesforce or Cloud Computing   Answer Question

Performance Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – Resume review. The interviewer was 15 minutes late. He was expecting me to know about the performance testing tools. But as a college student, of course I don't know about these tools. Also, we talked about the projects I listed in the resume. He asked me to explain one of the projects, which is a distributed system project. He asked about how I make the system reliable.

Interview Question – No unexpected question   Answer Question

Events & Dreamforce Apprentice Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – When I first learned about Salesforce, I automatically knew that this is the company I wanted to work for upon graduation. So let me start off by saying that, if you want a place within Forbes' Most Innovative company, you have to REALLY want it. I got in touch with recruiters and communicated often. These recruiters are swamped with emails, so again do your due diligence and check for the job listings available on their Careers site. APPLY RIGHT AWAY. The San Franciscan office is very competitive and the interview process at HQ is lengthier than other offices. Also if you think that you're "too good" for this Apprenticeship position, get off your high horse now. It's a great way to hit the ground running and depending on performance, you're pretty much guaranteed to be able to transition into full-time. To your mom, you might be the only apple of her eye. But at Salesforce, there's thousands of great interns busting to get into those dreamy doors. Be positive, optimistic, excited, and drink 2 cups of coffee before your interview...and oh, be prepared. That's an obvious but you'd be surprised at how many people aren't.

Interview Question – How do you rank among your peers?   View Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details – My interviews were conducted remotely over Skype. I spoke with potential peers, management and a few individuals in supporting roles. Typical topics included behavioral questions and past experience. I had at least 5 interviews before offer. People were pleasant and encouraging during the process. My future boss emailed to let me know an offer would be made, and HR called to discuss offer details a day or two afterwards.

Interview Question – Nothing completely unexpected, just "what would you do in this scenario" questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation whatsoever. My role was intended to be contract instead of full time, so there wasn't any flexibility in salary range.

Product Support Specialist Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2013.

Interview Details – Went to a happy hour where I got to meet a few hiring managers and hear more about what positions that were open.
From the happy hour, I was invited to a "Social Hiring Day" scheduled on a Saturday from 8:30 to 5pm.
The Social Hiring Day had about 40 candidates and a probably 10 managers observing the candidates all day. Candidates broke out into teams and worked on a Business case while hiring managers watched how you worked with others. There were a few other activities throughout the day as well. All the while managers watched to see if you seemed like a good fit. (More socially then technically)
After the Social Hiring Day I kept in contact with a recruiter. None of the hiring managers had open positions for my skill set, but I was told they liked me and wanted to find a role that would match my skills. A few weeks went by where the recruiter and myself kept an eye out for job postings that would be a match for me.
I found a support role and the recruiter set up an interview with the hiring manager.
First was a set of questions to be answered via HireVue. (I recorded myself answering questions that were prompted on the screen)
The HireVue recording was reviewed by the manager and then I was asked to come in for a round of in person interviews. 2 via Skype with people on the East Coast, and 2 in person.
Then I got the job!

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. A few questions around... if you had a case where the customer is asking "this", what would you do etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Before I did the in person interviews, the recruiter asked what I made at my previous position and that was the base of the negotiation. They tried to low ball, but I counter offered and got the same as what I was making at my other job. (But I also get a 10% bonus at the end of the year)

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in August 2013.

Interview Details – Database fundamentals, Java and JVM questions

Interview Question – Read about Multi tenancy architecture and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Solution Engagement Senior Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was a great experience, the recruiter was very professional and interviewers were very pleasant, offering great information about the position and company culture. I had 7 interviews over the course of 3 months.

Interview Question – What was your biggest failure?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Salesforce.com

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!

Salesforce.com Videos

Salesforce.com – Why Work for Us?

Salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies are helping companies connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways and revolutionizing the way businesses sell, service, market, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Salesforce.com interview questions and advice. All 379 interview reviews posted anonymously by Salesforce.com employees and interview candidates.