Salesforce.com

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

3.2

SMTS, Quality Engineer Interview

Hiring process is very defined with one round of phone interview, almost all day interview with one hour programming interview in the beginning.
    They made offer on the next day to me and I think its still the process.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't realize if there was any difficult question, mostly if you know the OOPS and OOD then the interview is straigthforward.   Answer Question

LMTS QE Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Salesforce.com.

2- 3 interviews.First one would be phone screen followed by personal round with a programmng test .If it is ok, then continue with the personal interview with team members and management.

Interview Questions
    • Coming up with a framework for complex distributed systems.   Answer Question

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.com.

Contacted by the recruiter- process was pretty straightforward. Had phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager first, and then had several rounds of in person interviews. The HR were very professional and communicated effectively during the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was a difficult question as long as you prepare and you have done your homework   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Took its own time to setup the interview. Initial around was over Skype for an hour with Sr Director. Very generic questions like past work, challenges and what would have done better etc. It was nice discussion and waiting for the full loop

Interview Questions
    • Question was : Given two issues, one which is happening 70% of crash on app launch and other one is 20% of the time App fail to store state of it. Given these two which one do you consider fixing it?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Contacted by internal recruiter- process was pretty straightforward. Had phone conversations with recruiter and hiring manager first, and then had several rounds of in person interviews.Recruiter was helpful along the way, not so much when I was waiting for feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions, ie how would I roll out a marketing campaign.   Answer Question

CFL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Salesforce.com.

Easy straightforward. Good interviewers. We'll managed. Recruiting and hiring managers were well versed in their respective roles and we're able to easily Articulate role expectations. I have heard negative experiences but that was not mine at all.

Easy. Straight forward.

Client Success Manager Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward. The recruiters were very informative and quick to respond after interviews. I was always clear on the process and next steps. They did an amazing job at setting and managing expectations.

Interview Questions
    • How do you create a relationship with a client you've never worked with?   Answer Question

Solution Engagement Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Salesforce.com.

The interview process consisted of 7 interviews (with various levels within the organization including managers, directors, and Vice Presidents, a panel interview with 4 people (of similar levels), and a presentation. The presentation was also in front of 4 people. It was a tough interview process; however, the company is the overall leader in this industry and that is to be expected to secure the best talent.

Interview Questions
    • The presentation was the most difficult as it involved preparation work.   Answer Question

Cloud Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Salesforce.com.

I originally applied for a similar position but in a different department. I didn't hear back from Salesforce for about a month, but then a recruiter reached out to me for a "potential" position with another group. The original position I applied for was already filled out, but there is a new Head of Cloud Security who is building a new department, per the recruiter.

So I was put in touch with this person, who then later conducted a phone interview with me. The discussion was pretty light, as if he is not sure what kind of staff he is looking for. I chalked it up to the fact that this guy is new to Salesforce and is building a new department. A couple of weeks later, I followed-up with him, who then called me and asked if I can meet with him TODAY. This is an extraordinary request, but seeing there is a chance to meet him for an "onsite" interview, I agreed. So I cancelled all my meetings and went to meet with him.

This "onsite" interviewer was not something I expected: he was asking about my experiences on how to implement security for a Cloud Service Provider, which I did. But at the end, he said that the position he is looking for is NOT open for the next 2 months. Why would he not told me this over the phone? It's a huge waste of time on my end, having to travel from my workplace to meet with the hiring manager, who just want to tell me he is still "thinking" about a position that does NOT yet EXIST.

All in all, I am worried on his strategic thinking on managing this department, especially coming from somebody who hold an executive leadership position, and glad that I "did not get the job".

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Salesforce.com.

I had an employee at the company put in my resume. The recruiter got in contact with me a couple of days later and we set up a call for the next week. It's your basic phone screen that is completely casual. The recruiter will just ask you about your previous experiences and how they will translate to the position at salesforce. Just make sure you are familiar with all of salesforce's products and have your reasons ready for wanting to join salesforce.

I was prepared for everything and answered the questions convincingly. I just did not have the required 1-2 years of direct sales experience, which is what left me out of the next round of interviews.