Salesforce.com

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

3.2

Lead Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Contacted by the recruiter- process was pretty straightforward. Had phone interview with recruiter and hiring manager first, and then had several rounds of in person interviews. The HR were very professional and communicated effectively during the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was a difficult question as long as you prepare and you have done your homework   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Took its own time to setup the interview. Initial around was over Skype for an hour with Sr Director. Very generic questions like past work, challenges and what would have done better etc. It was nice discussion and waiting for the full loop

Interview Questions
    • Question was : Given two issues, one which is happening 70% of crash on app launch and other one is 20% of the time App fail to store state of it. Given these two which one do you consider fixing it?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2014.

First talked met with them at a university recruiting session. Had an on the spot interview with the recruiter, asked intermediate level java and concurrency questions. Got some contact information, submitted my resume online, and got an email back scheduling a phone interview. Had one phone interview, some more email back and forth about how I felt the interview went, and then after about a week or two I got a phone call with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of data structures questions. The one that I struggled the most with was: given an binary search tree (that is, an ordered tree), how would you find the element of the tree at a particular "index", where index is defined as the position in the tree's ordering.   View Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2010.

It was a pretty standard interview process. I already knew the recruiter from a different position that I applied for 6 months earlier. She did the initial screening to make sure that I was qualified for the position. I then did a phone screen for the first round with the hiring manager because I wasn't based in the SF/Bay Area. The next round was consolidated for me because I would have to fly in to SF for a combined second/final round of interviews; I had second rounds with 5 people including the hiring manager in the morning and then a 20 minute presentation in the afternoon to showcase my abilities to market a fictional product.

Interview Questions
    • The real world scenario where I had three weeks to present a fictional product launch to the hiring manager (VP of Product Marketing) and head of the group (SVP of Product Marketing) was definitely challenging but also very informative of their work environment and standards. I love this practice and use it today when I'm hiring.   Answer Question

Decided that I wanted to stick with the start-up that gave me a counter offer where I wouldn't have to move. Loved the company though, and would definitely consider working for them in the future.

Marketing Manager Interview

Contacted by internal recruiter- process was pretty straightforward. Had phone conversations with recruiter and hiring manager first, and then had several rounds of in person interviews.Recruiter was helpful along the way, not so much when I was waiting for feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions, ie how would I roll out a marketing campaign.   Answer Question

Finance Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2013.

Interview consisted of 2 phone calls: first with the recruiter for an initial screening and then a couple days later a group phone interview with the team. Questions were basic, mostly behavioral, and gave me a sense of what to expect from my experience/team. My 2nd phone call was rescheduled in the last minute but the open and honest conversation I had with the other team members afterwards made up for it.

CFL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Easy straightforward. Good interviewers. We'll managed. Recruiting and hiring managers were well versed in their respective roles and we're able to easily Articulate role expectations. I have heard negative experiences but that was not mine at all.

Easy. Straight forward.

Client Success Manager Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward. The recruiters were very informative and quick to respond after interviews. I was always clear on the process and next steps. They did an amazing job at setting and managing expectations.

Interview Questions
    • How do you create a relationship with a client you've never worked with?   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in June 2014.

Applied online on the career website and got an initial screening round call with the HR. After that, was the telephone round which was technical. Once that was done, the final round was in the Oregon office. On the interview day, they gave a tour of the office building; which is spectacular; and they did an introductory session. It was mainly aimed at emphasizing how Salesforce.com is an innovative company growing by leaps and bounds. This session is a great chance for candidates to learn more about the company and ask questions. After that, there were 3 back-to-back rounds which were behavioral, technical and cultural. Next week after the interview week, I got the much awaited call that I was being offered the position with the company. The HR were very professional and communicated effectively during the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Expect the unexpected especially for non-technical rounds   Answer Question

Solution Engagement Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

The interview process consisted of 7 interviews (with various levels within the organization including managers, directors, and Vice Presidents, a panel interview with 4 people (of similar levels), and a presentation. The presentation was also in front of 4 people. It was a tough interview process; however, the company is the overall leader in this industry and that is to be expected to secure the best talent.

Interview Questions
    • The presentation was the most difficult as it involved preparation work.   Answer Question

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!