Salesforce.com

434 interviews

3.2

Finance Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2013.

Interview consisted of 2 phone calls: first with the recruiter for an initial screening and then a couple days later a group phone interview with the team. Questions were basic, mostly behavioral, and gave me a sense of what to expect from my experience/team. My 2nd phone call was rescheduled in the last minute but the open and honest conversation I had with the other team members afterwards made up for it.

CFL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Easy straightforward. Good interviewers. We'll managed. Recruiting and hiring managers were well versed in their respective roles and we're able to easily Articulate role expectations. I have heard negative experiences but that was not mine at all.

Easy. Straight forward.

Client Success Manager Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward. The recruiters were very informative and quick to respond after interviews. I was always clear on the process and next steps. They did an amazing job at setting and managing expectations.

Interview Questions
    • How do you create a relationship with a client you've never worked with?   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in June 2014.

Applied online on the career website and got an initial screening round call with the HR. After that, was the telephone round which was technical. Once that was done, the final round was in the Oregon office. On the interview day, they gave a tour of the office building; which is spectacular; and they did an introductory session. It was mainly aimed at emphasizing how Salesforce.com is an innovative company growing by leaps and bounds. This session is a great chance for candidates to learn more about the company and ask questions. After that, there were 3 back-to-back rounds which were behavioral, technical and cultural. Next week after the interview week, I got the much awaited call that I was being offered the position with the company. The HR were very professional and communicated effectively during the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Expect the unexpected especially for non-technical rounds   Answer Question

Solution Engagement Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

The interview process consisted of 7 interviews (with various levels within the organization including managers, directors, and Vice Presidents, a panel interview with 4 people (of similar levels), and a presentation. The presentation was also in front of 4 people. It was a tough interview process; however, the company is the overall leader in this industry and that is to be expected to secure the best talent.

Interview Questions
    • The presentation was the most difficult as it involved preparation work.   Answer Question

Cloud Security Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

I originally applied for a similar position but in a different department. I didn't hear back from Salesforce for about a month, but then a recruiter reached out to me for a "potential" position with another group. The original position I applied for was already filled out, but there is a new Head of Cloud Security who is building a new department, per the recruiter.

So I was put in touch with this person, who then later conducted a phone interview with me. The discussion was pretty light, as if he is not sure what kind of staff he is looking for. I chalked it up to the fact that this guy is new to Salesforce and is building a new department. A couple of weeks later, I followed-up with him, who then called me and asked if I can meet with him TODAY. This is an extraordinary request, but seeing there is a chance to meet him for an "onsite" interview, I agreed. So I cancelled all my meetings and went to meet with him.

This "onsite" interviewer was not something I expected: he was asking about my experiences on how to implement security for a Cloud Service Provider, which I did. But at the end, he said that the position he is looking for is NOT open for the next 2 months. Why would he not told me this over the phone? It's a huge waste of time on my end, having to travel from my workplace to meet with the hiring manager, who just want to tell me he is still "thinking" about a position that does NOT yet EXIST.

All in all, I am worried on his strategic thinking on managing this department, especially coming from somebody who hold an executive leadership position, and glad that I "did not get the job".

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2010.

The initial recruiting process was very fast by an in-house recruiter from Salesforce.com. Salesforce.com has a great structured process for Account Executives (AEs) There are several stages which vary from an individual to a group interview with the direct hiring manager as well as other area or peers. The final stage is to do a sales call and conduct a sales meeting based on a given scenario.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was a difficult question as long as you prepare and you have done your due diligence and have done your homework about industry, client success stories (this is very important) and you prepare for the sales meeting.   Answer Question
    Be honest.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2014.

I was initially contacted by the recruiter for Chatter team to see if there's a match. I went through one technical phone interview and the remote programming test. After I passed them both, they came back and told me that they've changed direction.

A few days later, another recruiter from Sales Cloud approached me and since I've done the remote programming test, they skipped that but instead I get to do technical remote whiteboarding interview once and talked to the Director of Engineering. Once I've passed those, they flew me to their HQ for 6 rounds of interview (one of them is lunch).

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the process as they tried to ensure I'm ready and well prepared for each round of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you everything from the Database up to the Front-End   Answer Question

Community Support Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2014.

The hiring/interview process here was fantastic! Very organized and low-stress compared to interviews at other companies for similar roles. Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter, then a phone call with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview with the hiring manager and 3 other team members (in-person total of 2 hours)

Interview Questions
    • GIven hypothetical customer support cases and asked how I would respond to each. Not really surprising considering the nature of the role.   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2014.

Was being considered for 3 different positions by two different recruiters. Passed between VPs and over 6 phone interviews, including Skype calls. Final interview was in-person in Chicago office for case study presentation followed by team interview by three individuals. I was required to prepare an in-depth solution that addressed numerous requirements and to articulate how which SFDC solution would be most appropriate and why, including benefits. Although I was in-person, the 2 key individuals (VP and director) doing interview were on the phone. After spending two weeks preparing a cohesive deck with the help of friends within Salesforce, within the first minute the interviewers who were role playing as CIO and related client positions began throwing out antagonistic questions to throw me off, in an attempt to see how I would handle the situation, which I immediately recognized as being their strategy. I addressed each of their questions with each interruption and also at one point recommended they hold a question or two until I got to that point in my presentation. They didn't like that one bit and immediately wrote me off as being unable to handle being in front of C-level clients. (I've been in that position many times, but their scenario was unrealistic.) They rudely dropped off the call and the one person left in room told me "don't worry about it. we all get put through that process." The group interview went well with good people in similar roles and with thoughtful questions. In my post-mortem with the recruiter I explained what happened and he was surprised and concerned that the interviewers contradicted his direction to me. I got an email two days later saying they pass. I informed my two close friends on the inside and they were not surprised, sharing their horror stories with their hiring process including downright rudeness to them, multiple cycles over as many as two years (!) and shouting matches. I had high hopes for a job with Salesforce, but after that experience, I really don't want to work for a company that is so disjointed and frankly hires people who are arrogant and unprofessional. I'll stick with the integrators/consultants that they themselves were badmouthing in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • No one particular question, rather rapid fire, concurrent questions overlapping without affording the opportunity to answer them as part of their role playing case study presentation process.   Answer Question

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!