Salesforce.com

3.2

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2014.

Was being considered for 3 different positions by two different recruiters. Passed between VPs and over 6 phone interviews, including Skype calls. Final interview was in-person in Chicago office for case study presentation followed by team interview by three individuals. I was required to prepare an in-depth solution that addressed numerous requirements and to articulate how which SFDC solution would be most appropriate and why, including benefits. Although I was in-person, the 2 key individuals (VP and director) doing interview were on the phone. After spending two weeks preparing a cohesive deck with the help of friends within Salesforce, within the first minute the interviewers who were role playing as CIO and related client positions began throwing out antagonistic questions to throw me off, in an attempt to see how I would handle the situation, which I immediately recognized as being their strategy. I addressed each of their questions with each interruption and also at one point recommended they hold a question or two until I got to that point in my presentation. They didn't like that one bit and immediately wrote me off as being unable to handle being in front of C-level clients. (I've been in that position many times, but their scenario was unrealistic.) They rudely dropped off the call and the one person left in room told me "don't worry about it. we all get put through that process." The group interview went well with good people in similar roles and with thoughtful questions. In my post-mortem with the recruiter I explained what happened and he was surprised and concerned that the interviewers contradicted his direction to me. I got an email two days later saying they pass. I informed my two close friends on the inside and they were not surprised, sharing their horror stories with their hiring process including downright rudeness to them, multiple cycles over as many as two years (!) and shouting matches. I had high hopes for a job with Salesforce, but after that experience, I really don't want to work for a company that is so disjointed and frankly hires people who are arrogant and unprofessional. I'll stick with the integrators/consultants that they themselves were badmouthing in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • No one particular question, rather rapid fire, concurrent questions overlapping without affording the opportunity to answer them as part of their role playing case study presentation process.   Answer Question

Cloud Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

I originally applied for a similar position but in a different department. I didn't hear back from Salesforce for about a month, but then a recruiter reached out to me for a "potential" position with another group. The original position I applied for was already filled out, but there is a new Head of Cloud Security who is building a new department, per the recruiter.

So I was put in touch with this person, who then later conducted a phone interview with me. The discussion was pretty light, as if he is not sure what kind of staff he is looking for. I chalked it up to the fact that this guy is new to Salesforce and is building a new department. A couple of weeks later, I followed-up with him, who then called me and asked if I can meet with him TODAY. This is an extraordinary request, but seeing there is a chance to meet him for an "onsite" interview, I agreed. So I cancelled all my meetings and went to meet with him.

This "onsite" interviewer was not something I expected: he was asking about my experiences on how to implement security for a Cloud Service Provider, which I did. But at the end, he said that the position he is looking for is NOT open for the next 2 months. Why would he not told me this over the phone? It's a huge waste of time on my end, having to travel from my workplace to meet with the hiring manager, who just want to tell me he is still "thinking" about a position that does NOT yet EXIST.

All in all, I am worried on his strategic thinking on managing this department, especially coming from somebody who hold an executive leadership position, and glad that I "did not get the job".

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Munich (Germany)
    Anonymous Employee in Munich (Germany)

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in January 2014.

Phone contacts ran very smooth and friendly. The process ends with a panel session where the applicant is expected to engage in a simulated sales meeting.
    They expected me to invest a week of time to prepare for a simulated sales meeting, learning the product offering and preparing a demo.
    I think this is over the top - you will prove that you are willing to invest time, not that you fit the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was expected to do an in depth demo of the salesforce.com solution   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in January 2014.

All phone calls interviews

Interview Questions
    • Key success factors in the company you want to work in?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Salesforce.com in November 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter who was looking for new account executives. I had 2 phone interviews with him before going into the office to do the in person interview with the executives and hiring managers. They were tough, but fair. Two interviews in the same day. Three interviewers in the room for the first interview, two in the second.

BSA/Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Probably the worst interview I have ever had. In one half hour the IT executive managed to completely denigrate 15 years of professional experience. In addition, I was being interviewed just in case the pending offers were rejected. Two prior people accepted then went onto other jobs. I think the interviewer should take a good look at herself as the reason. I can work with just about anyone but not could not see myself working with her.

Interview Questions
    • Why would I leave a failing organization?   View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Extended process going through several interviews by phone and then face to face.
    Standard process can take as many as 7 interviews during which you will not know if they are keen on you or not.
    Final interview is a Scripted scenario in which you are expected to present from a deck of 80 slides, and if in pre-sales you will also need to demo the product.
    Key to this process is to read the instructions!
    The goal of this role-play session is to get a next meeting with the role-play client. Grab any/every chance to get the next meeting even if it means dropping your slides and goign straight for closing questions.

Interview Questions
    • Does the application support Japanese?   View Answer

Director, Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2010.

Multiple rounds of interviews, starting with separate phone interviews with recruiter, hiring manager and a peer. Then brought in for 1:1 interviews with 4 people. Final round consisted of putting together a presentation and then pitching it in person to panel of 5, including the SVP of Product Marketing. Entire process took over a month. Initial rounds were easy, standard interviews, but the final round was very intense!

Director Technical Solutions Architecture Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in October 2012.

Totally unenjoyable and unrealistic process.
    Approached via social media due to outstanding profile and skills match.
    Asked to do loads of prep work for a mock presentation.
    Asked to learn their products in a few weeks so as to present these back to them.
    Technical knowledge of their products before process - ZERO
    Technical knowledge of their products at the mock presentation - slightly below ZERO
    Advised prior to mock presentation a general understanding of products was needed only - "high level" is the words used.
    Feedback on process - not enough knowledge of the products.
    Clearly, interviewers didn't take the time to read the CV or other social media info on the profile.
    Process setup to make failure more likely rather than highlight weaknesses and identify how to bolster those.
    Told 'after the fact' that a 'turnkey person' was needed - translation - we want a salesforce guru. So why approach someone without a salesforce background only to let the fail ?

Interview Questions
    • Dumb question - why do you want the job ?   View Answer

Stated they wanted something different, got that during the interview, then changed the scope of what they were looking for. Time wasting.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Twice I have interviewed with a recruiter on the phone and both times the recruiter said, I would like to bring you in for an in person interview and will have my recruiting coordinator schedule you to come in. Both times, I never recieved a phone nor received any response to any emails I sent to the recruiter asking them if they still wanted to bring me in. You tell me you want me to interview with you but then you cannot conduct yourself in a businesslike way and at least answer my phone call and or email to let me know if I am still being considered? It is obvious this company needs to overhaul it's recruiting practices. You are losing out on a very good candidate here.

Interview Questions

Never even got to schedule the in person interview!

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!