Salesforce.com

431 candidate interviews

Sales Interview

Sales
Chicago, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2008.

Interview Details – Multiple face to face interviews. Once whittled down to one of the 2-3 final candidates you are flown to San Francisco for interviews with senior management. Very intense interview process.

Interview Question – Walk me through a recent $500k+ CRM sale that you had   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Stock and/or options no longer given on hire. Can negotiate a forgivable draw for the first 3-6 months.

Director, Product Marketing Interview

Director, Product Marketing
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds of interviews, starting with separate phone interviews with recruiter, hiring manager and a peer. Then brought in for 1:1 interviews with 4 people. Final round consisted of putting together a presentation and then pitching it in person to panel of 5, including the SVP of Product Marketing. Entire process took over a month. Initial rounds were easy, standard interviews, but the final round was very intense!

Interview Question – How would you position reporting for the Sales Cloud?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2009.

Interview Details – you need to clear toughest programming test which tests your aptitude skills and analytical thinking power,
salesforce wants best people available in the market you need to be competitive enough if you have brains this is the best place to work for and you should be career centric. around 9 people interview and 2 hours of written test think how much technical stuff they should have asked to get the job

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview, group interview and then a presentation to senior management.

Negotiation Details – Little negotiations

Vice President Interview

Vice President
San Francisco, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in October 2011.

Interview Details – Professional and intense. Moved fast, but talked to tons of people. Very direct, very probing. It was enjoyable.

Interview Question – What's the biggest mistake you've ever made in your life.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2011.

Interview Details – * Extremely thorough process - external recruiter referred me to internal recruiter, two phone interviews, panel interview, presentation to senior management, follow-up interview, offer negotiation.

* Internal recruiter did a great job of providing accurate information about the role and culture, while 'selling' me on why it would be a fit.

* Panel interview and presentation are great tools for a mutual assessment - you get a great feel for the culture and expectations from the questions asked and the process to prepare.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when a deal went 'sideways' and describe what you did to save it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair and open negotiation process - no game playing. When they want you, they are open to negotiating. And the package is so good, there's very little left to negotiate!

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2011.

Interview Details – Painful

Interview Question – Sell me this pencil   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details – Extended process going through several interviews by phone and then face to face.
Standard process can take as many as 7 interviews during which you will not know if they are keen on you or not.
Final interview is a Scripted scenario in which you are expected to present from a deck of 80 slides, and if in pre-sales you will also need to demo the product.
Key to this process is to read the instructions!
The goal of this role-play session is to get a next meeting with the role-play client. Grab any/every chance to get the next meeting even if it means dropping your slides and goign straight for closing questions.

Interview Question – Does the application support Japanese?   View Answer

Director Technical Solutions Architecture Interview

Director Technical Solutions Architecture
London, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in October 2012.

Interview Details – Totally unenjoyable and unrealistic process.
Approached via social media due to outstanding profile and skills match.
Asked to do loads of prep work for a mock presentation.
Asked to learn their products in a few weeks so as to present these back to them.
Technical knowledge of their products before process - ZERO
Technical knowledge of their products at the mock presentation - slightly below ZERO
Advised prior to mock presentation a general understanding of products was needed only - "high level" is the words used.
Feedback on process - not enough knowledge of the products.
Clearly, interviewers didn't take the time to read the CV or other social media info on the profile.
Process setup to make failure more likely rather than highlight weaknesses and identify how to bolster those.
Told 'after the fact' that a 'turnkey person' was needed - translation - we want a salesforce guru. So why approach someone without a salesforce background only to let the fail ?

Interview Question – Dumb question - why do you want the job ?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Stated they wanted something different, got that during the interview, then changed the scope of what they were looking for. Time wasting.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in November 2012.

Interview Details – This was by far the most rigorous yet most rewarding recruitment experience I've ever been through. My recruiter was unbelievably amazing in preparing me for the process, so that the only reason I wouldn't get the job would be my own fault. With that being said, it was a long and exhausting process - 5 qualifying & prep calls, 2 f2f interviews, and 1 in-person presentation.

Interview Question – Really, there were no surprises. As I said above, the expectations were set very clearly from the in-house recruiter. They have a very specific type of person they're looking for, and all the hard work preparing for the interviews and presentation pay off!   View Answers (2)

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!