Salesforce.com

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in January 2014.

All phone calls interviews

Interview Questions
    • Key success factors in the company you want to work in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2013.

Multiple interviews were required - initial phone screen with a recruiter, phone meeting with a hiring manager, then I came in and did a panel interview with multiple managers and a presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Salesforce.com in November 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter who was looking for new account executives. I had 2 phone interviews with him before going into the office to do the in person interview with the executives and hiring managers. They were tough, but fair. Two interviews in the same day. Three interviewers in the room for the first interview, two in the second.

Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Salesforce.com in August 2009.

Interviews with management followed by presentation to a board of management

no negotation

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2009.

you need to clear toughest programming test which tests your aptitude skills and analytical thinking power,
    salesforce wants best people available in the market you need to be competitive enough if you have brains this is the best place to work for and you should be career centric. around 9 people interview and 2 hours of written test think how much technical stuff they should have asked to get the job

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2011.

* Extremely thorough process - external recruiter referred me to internal recruiter, two phone interviews, panel interview, presentation to senior management, follow-up interview, offer negotiation.

* Internal recruiter did a great job of providing accurate information about the role and culture, while 'selling' me on why it would be a fit.

* Panel interview and presentation are great tools for a mutual assessment - you get a great feel for the culture and expectations from the questions asked and the process to prepare.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a deal went 'sideways' and describe what you did to save it.   Answer Question
    Fair and open negotiation process - no game playing. When they want you, they are open to negotiating. And the package is so good, there's very little left to negotiate!

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in November 2012.

This was by far the most rigorous yet most rewarding recruitment experience I've ever been through. My recruiter was unbelievably amazing in preparing me for the process, so that the only reason I wouldn't get the job would be my own fault. With that being said, it was a long and exhausting process - 5 qualifying & prep calls, 2 f2f interviews, and 1 in-person presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Really, there were no surprises. As I said above, the expectations were set very clearly from the in-house recruiter. They have a very specific type of person they're looking for, and all the hard work preparing for the interviews and presentation pay off!   View Answers (2)

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Extended process going through several interviews by phone and then face to face.
    Standard process can take as many as 7 interviews during which you will not know if they are keen on you or not.
    Final interview is a Scripted scenario in which you are expected to present from a deck of 80 slides, and if in pre-sales you will also need to demo the product.
    Key to this process is to read the instructions!
    The goal of this role-play session is to get a next meeting with the role-play client. Grab any/every chance to get the next meeting even if it means dropping your slides and goign straight for closing questions.

Interview Questions
    • Does the application support Japanese?   View Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2008.

Multiple face to face interviews. Once whittled down to one of the 2-3 final candidates you are flown to San Francisco for interviews with senior management. Very intense interview process.

Interview Questions
    Stock and/or options no longer given on hire. Can negotiate a forgivable draw for the first 3-6 months.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2014.

Was being considered for 3 different positions by two different recruiters. Passed between VPs and over 6 phone interviews, including Skype calls. Final interview was in-person in Chicago office for case study presentation followed by team interview by three individuals. I was required to prepare an in-depth solution that addressed numerous requirements and to articulate how which SFDC solution would be most appropriate and why, including benefits. Although I was in-person, the 2 key individuals (VP and director) doing interview were on the phone. After spending two weeks preparing a cohesive deck with the help of friends within Salesforce, within the first minute the interviewers who were role playing as CIO and related client positions began throwing out antagonistic questions to throw me off, in an attempt to see how I would handle the situation, which I immediately recognized as being their strategy. I addressed each of their questions with each interruption and also at one point recommended they hold a question or two until I got to that point in my presentation. They didn't like that one bit and immediately wrote me off as being unable to handle being in front of C-level clients. (I've been in that position many times, but their scenario was unrealistic.) They rudely dropped off the call and the one person left in room told me "don't worry about it. we all get put through that process." The group interview went well with good people in similar roles and with thoughtful questions. In my post-mortem with the recruiter I explained what happened and he was surprised and concerned that the interviewers contradicted his direction to me. I got an email two days later saying they pass. I informed my two close friends on the inside and they were not surprised, sharing their horror stories with their hiring process including downright rudeness to them, multiple cycles over as many as two years (!) and shouting matches. I had high hopes for a job with Salesforce, but after that experience, I really don't want to work for a company that is so disjointed and frankly hires people who are arrogant and unprofessional. I'll stick with the integrators/consultants that they themselves were badmouthing in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • No one particular question, rather rapid fire, concurrent questions overlapping without affording the opportunity to answer them as part of their role playing case study presentation process.   Answer Question

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!