Salesforce.com

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

3.2

Photographer/Videographer Interview

I received an email in response to my resume asking for blocks of time I would be available for a phone interview. I never heard back after that. I held those blocks of time open but received no call. Not very respectful of my time and energy. Tell me you're not going to call if you're not, just don't waste my time.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Recruiter, manager, remote programming test, team panel interview by skype, in person interview, VP interview.

Recruiter was awesome, she was on top of everything and took me 1 week to complete everything.

Interview Questions
    I was able to get what i asked for.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

There were multiple phone interviews. The first interview was with the recruiter, with overly technical questions that were not applicable to the job I was applying for. The other two interviews weren't bad at all.

There was no negotiation possible. I thought the amount I was offered was low, and when I started to negotiate this, I was cut off with an abrupt "this offer is non negotiable"

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2014.

After a few email exchanges with a recruiter, I was given one 20 min. phone interview with both a manager and a senior director who both hold PhDs in my college major. Interview was non-technical. Entire interview hinged on a project I worked on in a class that I listed on my resume. The interview felt very informal and was more of a conversation about the importance of data. You should obviously know your resume well and be ready to talk in-depth about any experiences that would be relevant to your role.

Interview Questions
    • - What issues did you encounter when working on X project? How did you resolve them?
      - What's your ten year plan?
        Answer Question

Associate Product Security Engineer Interview

Salesforce has a telephonic screening after which on site process starts. The telephonic screening is basically to judge your background in the area. They would ask questions specific to job posting. The questions asked were mostly related to SQL injection and Cross site scripting. Along with that I was asked a couple of questions related to cloud. But the questions in general are easy to crack and one should prepare specific to job title.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were mostly about cross site scripting and SQL injection attack, No data structures or algorithms asked.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

I had inquired this position through a friend referral and the hiring manager reached out to me the same day to set up my phone interview. I really enjoyed the interviewer's enthusiasm and she really made me feel very comfortable. She started out giving a quick overview of the company and role. Then she went into asking questions that would help her find out we were a mutual fit for each other. The interviewer was great at elaborating on my questions to help me understand the expectations and culture at Salesforce. I guess she was really impressed by me that she asked for my onsite availability at the end of the phone interview!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Just be yourself and prepare to explain what motivates you to work at Salesforce.   Answer Question

I was offered to move forward to the onsite interview the same week, but I just got stuck with unexpected hi-priority projects at my current job. I'm still really excited about this opportunity, but timing wasn't right and I really wanted to be prepare for this interview. I had no idea that they were moving so quickly! :)

Overall, I had a great candidate experience and would love to apply again in the future.

Information Security Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in June 2014.

The interview process was very shady. I was asked questions about 5 different types of roles within the IT Security space. The recruiter was unable to pin down what the job was exactly. They were insistent on asking how well I would be able to manage "awkward" and "strange" employees. After 2 phone interview with recruiter, I assumed that things would not be progressing. Then I got a call one week later asking to do a Skype phone interview with recruiter. At this point I insisted on getting more details about the position and team (SalesForce is a very large company). He state, and I quote, "The VP and Director are not comfortable disclosing their names or location in company at this time". I have interviewed at many companies large and small, and have not ever heard of a hiring manager that did not want to tip their hat to who they are.

I went along with the skype interview regardless, and after the fact, I received a phone call explaining that I was not a good fit for position, but I should look - on my own - for another security role at company and get back to the recruiter. Again, I asked who the hiring manager was, now that it really did not matter, and he flat out refused to disclose this information.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in December 2011.

I initially submitted my resume through the salesforce.com publicly available Jobs page. It took a while (maybe a few months) but eventually a recruiter contacted me via email. After going through the screening interview with him, I had a first "real" interview with a hiring manager. They actually had 3 hiring managers involved in the interviews process, they were teaming up to interview a number of people, and each manager would get one pick out of the collection of candidates who made it to the final selection process. --As it turns out, my first phone interview was with an SE Manager I did Not end up working for. It went well. They then brought me in to corporate offices for a panel interview with all 3 SE managers and a manager in training. This was rapid fire questions from multiple sides, I think as much to see how you handled that as anything else. Not very technical (I came from a background more technical and lower level than required at SFDC so that aspect was no issue for me throughout the interview process). I made it through this stage, and last stage was to be a larger panel interview with the SE VPt, a sales guy, a couple of the hiring managers, and a sales VP. One of the hiring managers (who ended up being my boss) Coached me over 2-3 Web meetings prior to this final Panel Demo Interview. I had to learn to demo salesforce.com to this audience. I got invaluable advice from this SE Manager. I went to the demo meeting, it went pretty well I thought, not my very best. But I got in.

Interview Questions
    • Just needing to know salesforce.com well enough to demo it, that was interesting to have to figure out on the fly and go do for a higher level audience.   View Answer
    The salary was low. It still is. SFDC base salary for "Senior Sales Engineer" is poor at this point, that is if you are Actually Senior. I recommend sticking to your guns and demanding Lead Sales Engineer (or even Principal Sales Engineer) if you have 10+ years experience. At least their bonuses make up for the low base (at least, the Q4 bonus does)

RSI Partner Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in May 2014.

Got a call from recruiter first after I submit the resume on line. Then, I was scheduled on a call with hiring manager. After that, I had onsite interview panel with 4 people for 2 hours. People were nice and friendly though. But they have some tough questions.

Interview Questions
    • Where else you applied besides salesforce.com?
      What would you do to get to know people here when you first start?
        View Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

I was referred by a fried so the process was actually very easy for me. today its much harder and you have to run through a panel of people as well as give the corporate pitch.