Salesforce.com

3.2

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2014.

Referred by employee and later got contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. It was an 1 hour phone interview with online programming. After the phone, they determined that I didn't need a second round interview and go onsite directly. The onsite was set about 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview: reverse an array, and write test cases for it.

Onsite:
      1. How to test twitter posting?
      2. Programming test 2 methods: reverse a string and compare 2 strings. Write test cases for both methods.
      3. Manager Interview
      4. Revers a circled linked list. Questions about singleton pattern.
        View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interviews were over the phone, with one onsite presentation/demo. The questions were a little about my experience, and a lot more about how I would handle certain situations. The interviewer wanted to see a flexible approach to sales situations and presenting demos, and was interested in how I would make the decision about how and when to engage customers and present demos. The interviewer was looking for my approach to customer discovery, and also how I would show business process and value rather than talking about software functionality exclusively.

Interview Questions
    • Building and giving a demo, with the audience throwing in distractions, was the toughest part.   View Answers (2)
    Salesforce provides fairly good terms and compensation (though others do pay more) and there's very little negotiation. The background check was quite extensive.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Generally they're looking for somebody that is currently an exact match and 100% qualified for what they're hiring for, thus the expectation of a mature company. They want somebody to hit the ground running, no wiggle room. Thus if you're looking to grow your career by changing companies to here, then you'll need to prove yourself here for a while until you can actually be given an opportunity to expand your scope.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to provide examples of how you can contribute to this role to bring the team to the next level, not just do the job.   Answer Question
    I didn't do a good job negotiating and was low balled and came in under my peers.

AMTS - Software Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Applied through referral.
    Got a call for phone interview which was mostly on Java and String manipulations. (Remove duplicates etc). Coding round in code collaborator.
    Got call for onsite interviews which was on a Saturday. Many new grads had come in for interviews that day. There were 4 rounds of interviews.
    First was programming, implementing String functions in Java and writing test cases and running the code.
    Testing questions
    Manager round
    Algorithm design round on a board this time
    Did well in all of them except the algorithm design but got an offer and accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • Implement substring and Java and run your code in eclipse using assert functions   View Answer

Product Operations Manager Interview

what was your most challegning project

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

One week for them to call me regarding my résumé. 2 rounds of phone interviews then was asked to go onsite. Met with 5 people. All seemed nice and smart group of folks.

Internal Audit Intern Interview

Applied through career center and was asked for a digital interview. I found the interview was really weird since I was basically talking to myself in front of my laptop...

Community Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2014.

The hiring/interview process here was fantastic! Very organized and low-stress compared to interviews at other companies for similar roles. Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter, then a phone call with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview with the hiring manager and 3 other team members (in-person total of 2 hours)

Interview Questions
    • GIven hypothetical customer support cases and asked how I would respond to each. Not really surprising considering the nature of the role.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2014.

Applied online. Got an email notifying me that I would move on to a video interview that I had to complete within a week. Video interview was interesting... 7 questions. They show a question on the screen and you have 30 seconds to prepare an answer and 3 minutes to answer the question. Talk directly into the computer camera from home (basically just watch yourself talk which is a little weird with no one on other end). Short essay question at the end. Entirely behavioral interview questions, nothing technical or about product. They reached out to me the next business day to tell me I would be invited to an in-person interview. Interviewed for 2 hours, 30 mins with each of 4 people back to back and got short tour of the building I would be working in. Very comfortable interview, people were friendly, and the questions were behavioral. It was pretty conversational, and they give you a lot of time to ask them questions so come prepared with enough to fill a 30 min time slot.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have one job and money/schooling didnt matter, what would it be?   Answer Question
    • How did they measure your success at your last job?   Answer Question
    Didnt negotiate

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took two weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview Questions
    • Very friendly interview with questions about background and recent projects. I couldn't solve algorithms question.   Answer Question