Salesforce.com

3.3

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in June 2012.

Was referred by a friend who worked at SF who highly recommended me. Was contacted by recruiting manager and after chatting for about an hour was told I was a "perfect fit". Was asked to go into city to meet with one of the hiring managers I'd be supporting simply "as a formality". Went into city and hit it off with hiring manager, who immediately IM'd my friend to tell her how great we hit it off. Waited for about a week or so and sent numerous emails. Finally hiring manager called me, told me what a great fit I would be for the company and the role, how great it was that the company was growing, etc., etc., then after about 15 minutes of small talk was told he had "selected someone else for the role". I was stunned. Found out from friend who referrred me that the person they selected lived in the same city as the recruiting manager so they were able to meet in person and he fell in love with her. Big waste of my time, as well as incredibly misleading and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Can't recall any questions being overwhelmingly difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in June 2013.

I was referred to SFDC by a former boss who was a sales manager there at the time. Recruiter reached out immediately for an initial screening. Sooner after, he scheduled time with the hiring manager approximately a week later. The call went well and he outlined next steps including a mock presentation and a sample scenario he would like to me cover, which I took as a good sign. Multiple weeks went by and eventually I had to reached out to the recruiter several times to get an update. Eventually he scheduled another interview with the same manager, this time in person. The manager did not remember anything about me or how I found SFDC, which was a turn off. He did express his disappointment that I was unable to attend a SFDC hiring event a few days earlier, although I never committed to attending. Over the next couple of weeks, I had calls with the manager's counterparts in other regions as well as his boss. None of the conversations were very compelling and SFDC lost its luster for me by the end. The boss did mention he had a concern that I did not have previous experience in a dedicated sales engineer role, but asked if I was open to looking at other positions within the company potentially. I agreed to explore other options, but never heard back from anyone at SFDC nor did I reach out. Other SFDC recruiters have reached out since but my experience was so poor I would not interview with them again.

Interview Questions
    • Rather standard question for a software sales engineer position.. nothing difficult or thought provoking   Answer Question

Senior Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in August 2012.

Multiple phone screenings to check background, communication skills, reasons for leaving current employer and joining salesforce.com

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to present a business scenario from my years of experience that showcased how I leveraged my business and technical skills to help transform a major company leveraging leading-edge technology.   Answer Question
    Didn't need to, I was given a 20+ total compensation increase from my prior position, including a 3% base pay and the rest in bonus and stock options.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in September 2013.

- Initial process started with the recruiter. Went through a standard screening
    - Next step was to speak with some peers who went into my background and experience. General discussion on previous experience no real biggie.
    - After this I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager and it went for 45 mins. He was very satisfied.
    - Next I was called into the NY office for in person discussions. I was going to meet 3-4 people including the hiring mgr.
    - While the hiring manager showed up on time and the discussion went well, the other interviewers were late....one of them was almost 20mins. late. I had to keep asking the front desk lady to help me find these interviewers. She did her best to contact them.
    - One of the interviewers surprised me when he said that he was not sure what position I was interviewing for. Then, in the middle of the discussion he took several phone calls. In the end instead of taking 45 mins he spent only 10 minutes effectively. I was quite disgusted with the whole thing.
    - In a nutshell, the in-person interviews left me with a bad taste.............and even if I had gotten an offer, I would have declined it.

Associate Software Engineer, Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Salesforce.com in October 2013.

Was contacted via e-mail by a recruiter. She set up a phone interview a week later. The interviewer was a SMTS at salesforce. Overall, it was a bad experience. I'm sorry to say this but I struggled to understand what the interviewer was saying because he had a very thick accent. I had to ask him to repeat sentences many times and after some time I just gave up. It was just one of those unlucky days I guess. The interview lasted 75 mins and at the end I knew that I'm not going to get the job.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2011.

Phone Screen with Recruiter
    Phone Interview with Hiring Manager
    Asked for the opportunity to interview peers and overlay teams
    Interviewed with Hiring Manager
    Interviewed with Area Vice President
    Mock Sales Presentation
    Connect-the-Dots (A reference with a connection to an employee of the company)

Interview Questions
    They negotiate before they write the formal offer. If you wait for it in print, it's too late.

Enablement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in January 2013.

Lots of people to interview you. Very unconventional interviewing questions and energy. This is a plus, but also displays disorganization and give insight into how management will be. Great people, smart, and driven. Fast pace and motivational.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2012.

Multiple phone/skype/in person interviews followed by onsite presentation interview where I had to deliver an actual demo to the team.

Interview Questions
    • Given my success, why do I want to leave my former employer   View Answer
    Standard offer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Applied online and got contacted by a recruiter. Had a great conversation and an in-person interview was set up with two people. I found it odd that I wouldn't be meeting the person I'd be reporting to at the first interview. Instead, the interview was with someone who'd be reporting into the role and only a few months out of college as well as with another Manager from a related team.

The conversations seemed great and the recruiter came in afterwards to get a sense of what I thought about the role, the team and the company. She said she'd be in touch the following week. Felt like everything went well. When I hadn't heard back, I reached out to the recruiter for an update and was informed that the two people I met with didn't think I was "a good fit". My experience fit the role exactly and I felt I got along with the interviewers on a personal level as well, so I was surprised. Though primarily disappointed that I didn't get to meet the seasoned person the role would actually be reporting to before I was cut.

Interview Questions
    • N/A Most questions were related directly to the role and my experience in the field.   Answer Question

Principal Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in October 2009.

Phone, in person, 5 interviews, onsite demonstration required

Interview Questions
    • How does your solution deal with in country data residency regulatory reqmts   View Answer
    None

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!