Salesforce.com

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through a referral and the process took 3+ weeks.

Initial phone call was a 30 minute discussion with a member of the recruiting team to identify why I was interested in the position and to determine if I qualified (on paper) for the position. Next up was a 45 minute discussion with a director in the team to better understand my functional and technical experiences. 3 days later I had an initial discussion with the hiring manager, mostly conversational discussion to understand why I was looking to move.

After 2 days, the HR manager followed up with me regarding availability for my first onsite interview. The day starts early, typically consisting of six 45-minute discussions with people from every department you will be working with should you get the job. In my case, I met with product management, business development, sales, IT architect, product development and they each focused on specific attributes. Strongly recommend using the STAR model for answering all case and qualitative questions.

Approx. 2 days later I was contacted by the HR manager to come and deliver a presentation to the product marketing team on a topic they had hand-selected based on my background in CPG. Plan your time wisely, typically only 30 minutes are allotted to speak, with the remainder of the 1 hour dedicated to conversation and questions on approach and technique on how I came to the recommendations presented.

The HR manager contacted me 3 days later indicating hiring manager was interested in making me an offer. Unlike any other company I have interviewed for in the past, it was clear that Salesforce was looking for qualified talent first and once they find it, are willing to provide attractive compensation packages. I gave the manager my current salary and comp plan numbers, she called me back that evening with their first offer. The offer was 15% over my current base, which made negotiating the rest of the commission-based package very easy. I asked for a week to make a decision and then provided a verbal "yes" one week later.

Overall, very positive interview with Salesforce.

Interview Question – Provide examples of differentiated enterprise platforms and what makes them unique?   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with Salesforce.com's recruiter. The recruiter was okay. She asked some behavior questions. Since the job descriptions involved working with sales team, she discussed how I interacted with them and when I was involved during the sales cycle. After the interview, I haven't heard from her for a while. I followed up with her a week later; she responded with some standard language saying they decided to move ahead with other candidates. No additional feedback was provided.

Interview Question – When are you pulling into working with the sales? What's the pace?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2011.

Interview Details – Multi round interview consisting of phone interviews, 1 on1 interviews with both colleagues and execs, and a presentation. Long, slow process... But got the impression that the barks very highland they want to make sure that the peop,e they hire cannot only do the job,but will bea cultural fit. This is an intense, demanding company.... And those that fit well will thrive and love it.

Interview Question – What would you change about the messaging/positioning of Salesforce and why?   Answer Question

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!