Salesforce.com

Updated Jun 11, 2014

3.7

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interviews were over the phone, with one onsite presentation/demo. The questions were a little about my experience, and a lot more about how I would handle certain situations. The interviewer wanted to see a flexible approach to sales situations and presenting demos, and was interested in how I would make the decision about how and when to engage customers and present demos. The interviewer was looking for my approach to customer discovery, and also how I would show business process and value rather than talking about software functionality exclusively.

Interview Questions
  • Building and giving a demo, with the audience throwing in distractions, was the toughest part.   View Answers (2)
Salesforce provides fairly good terms and compensation (though others do pay more) and there's very little negotiation. The background check was quite extensive.

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in June 2013.

I was referred to SFDC by a former boss who was a sales manager there at the time. Recruiter reached out immediately for an initial screening. Sooner after, he scheduled time with the hiring manager approximately a week later. The call went well and he outlined next steps including a mock presentation and a sample scenario he would like to me cover, which I took as a good sign. Multiple weeks went by and eventually I had to reached out to the recruiter several times to get an update. Eventually he scheduled another interview with the same manager, this time in person. The manager did not remember anything about me or how I found SFDC, which was a turn off. He did express his disappointment that I was unable to attend a SFDC hiring event a few days earlier, although I never committed to attending. Over the next couple of weeks, I had calls with the manager's counterparts in other regions as well as his boss. None of the conversations were very compelling and SFDC lost its luster for me by the end. The boss did mention he had a concern that I did not have previous experience in a dedicated sales engineer role, but asked if I was open to looking at other positions within the company potentially. I agreed to explore other options, but never heard back from anyone at SFDC nor did I reach out. Other SFDC recruiters have reached out since but my experience was so poor I would not interview with them again.

Interview Questions
    • Rather standard question for a software sales engineer position.. nothing difficult or thought provoking   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2012.

Multiple phone/skype/in person interviews followed by onsite presentation interview where I had to deliver an actual demo to the team.

Interview Questions
    • Given my success, why do I want to leave my former employer   View Answer
    Standard offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in August 2011.

2 phone interviews and 1 video interview (Skype)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2010.

FIrst I spoke with a recruiter then the hiring manager. That was followed by a presentation to a couple of managers. Then a phone interview with a peer and an executive

Interview Questions
    • Build a demonstration from a trial org and organize a presentation around it   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

Sales Engineer Interview

One phone interview, one day-long meet the team interview with a demonstration / presentation

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in January 2013.

A very extensive interview process with peer interviews, interviews with the Account Executives, senior sales management, etc.

Several telephone interviews, culminating in an in-person interview and mock presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions, Salesforce.com seems to be more focused on fit than technical validation, but this may depend on your resume.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

I was an employee referral and was contacted quickly by HR. I had 6 phone interviews with mgmt and their employees over the course of 2 weeks. The last step was an onsite demo/presentation to a panel (some were remote) based on a mock case study. I had a wonderful experience and even though some of it was difficult, everyone was easygoing and pleasant to talk to. The hardest questions came from the hiring manager and his boss.

This is an amazing company and it's worth pursuing hard.

Interview Questions
    • You need to have experience with value or consultative selling instead of feature/function pushing. You probably shouldn't interview for the job if you don't have experience selling to the C-suite or can't have a ROI conversation.   Answer Question
    Their first offer was extremely compelling so I didn't negotiate.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Extended process going through several interviews by phone and then face to face.
    Standard process can take as many as 7 interviews during which you will not know if they are keen on you or not.
    Final interview is a Scripted scenario in which you are expected to present from a deck of 80 slides, and if in pre-sales you will also need to demo the product.
    Key to this process is to read the instructions!
    The goal of this role-play session is to get a next meeting with the role-play client. Grab any/every chance to get the next meeting even if it means dropping your slides and goign straight for closing questions.

Interview Questions
    • Does the application support Japanese?   View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Staines, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staines, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in December 2011.

Telephone screening, call with manager and team members, panel case study presentation and interview, final interviews with senior execs

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the competition, their strengths and weaknesses   View Answer

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!