Salesforce.com

Getting the Interview

24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details – After you get contacted by a recruiter, it takes about a week to get a phone screen. Scheduled a phone interview, and got no call, so I emailed to have it rescheduled. Received no apology either-very unprofessional. Its insulting to wait for a call, and prepare your whole morning around it, and not receive a call. No other company has done this to me. The rescheduled interview was 10 minutes late, and immediately the recruiter conveyed an unfriendly tone evoking a sense that I was already wasting her time. The questions were straightforward, but it was a very uncomfortable process as she gave a cursory glance at my work history. Recruiting department needs to behave more professionally if they want to attract good talent.

Interview Question – Explain Salesforce or Cloud Computing   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details – I had the opportunity to have a phone interview because i was referred by and existing employee.I was asked what i knew about the company and why i wanted to go into tech sales. I believe I was more the prepared as I researched the company and studied all the programs for days.

Interview Question – How are you being paid at your current role?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2013.

Interview Details – Got a referell

Interview Question – Explain the cloud to a kindergartner   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Felt like I was taking a step back, the job is lead gen

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with recruiter- very standard questions, but make sure you know as much about salesforce's products (not just CRM) as possible

In person interview in SF- Nice offices but kind of static. It isn't culty like other people have said on glassdoor, but It seemed very corporate (quiet, not a lot of smiles, everyone typing away).

First an interview with a sales rep- very friendly girl. Not that bright but friendy

Then a panel interview with sales managers. Make sure you know the products inside and out, and make sure you can show that you are fine making a ton of calls a day and doing just that, developing leads and nothing more.

Interview Question – What salesforce product would you sell and how would you sell it?   View Answers (2)

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Salesforce.com in January 2013.

Interview Details – I have enjoyed the interview process thus far. The recruiters are very friendly and transparent.

Interview Question – Asked about specific sales metrics at my current position.   Answer Question

San Mateo, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Salesforce.com in November 2011.

Interview Details – You should prepare yourself well for this, know the product and the company values. You should have a knowledge of the applications and the products that the company sells. Have confidence when you talk and know what to say.

Interview Question – They differ depending on the interviewer.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview, group interview and then a presentation to senior management.

Negotiation Details – Little negotiations

San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2011.

Interview Details – After my friend referred me, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an initial phone screen interview that would take around 20 min. This went fine, although my background does not fit a typical sales background so I had to find ways to apply my skills towards sales. She asked me what I knew about the position, why I was interested in tech sales and what I knew about the product. She asked me to do a brief sales pitch which my friend had warned me about. I felt really prepared and was glad that I was.

Next they set me up for 4 1:1 interviews in the San Mateo office. 2 with current Sales Representatives and 2 with managers. The Sales representatives were more casual and didn't ask me really any questions. They advice you to prepare lots of questions for them and I felt very prepared. They asked about my background, what I was looking for in a job, etc. etc. The mangers were a little more tough and kept asking how and why I wanted to change my career and get involved in sales. I really tried to sell myself saying that I wanted the job and know I could do it. They are looking for someone who is very competitive and can reach goals for this position. If there's anyway you can showcase that I would. One of the managers asked me typical interview questions like "When was a time you hit the wall?" and "How would you change that situation now?" Another one was "What drives you?". They asked me to do a short sales pitch which I researched the Elevator Pitch and made a short 2 min. description in laymen's terms of the products and company. Download the trial, everyone asked if I had used the CRM products before.

I walked away knowing I was prepared but felt like I might not have a shot since my background is so different. They are more concerned with personality, attitude, etc since they will train you and set you up with a mentorship program. About a week after the interview, they called me to say that although my interview went well, they went with someone with a tech sales background. I was upset since Salesforce.com would be an amazing company to work, they can be choosy. Good luck!

Interview Questions

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in August 2010.

Interview Details – I initially applied for the Account Executive role, and reached out to a recruiter via Linked In InMail. That worked well at quickly getting a call scheduled with the recruiter, who then told me I didn't have the appropriate experience for the role. He passed me along to another recruiter for a different role, but didn't tell me what it was. I did have to follow up with the initial recruiter by email because I never heard at first. Once I made contact via email, I scheduled a phone interview. The 2nd phone interview was very vague, no tough questions. She asked me to pitch my company and told me more about the role. She then invited me in for a live interview, 4 30 min sessions with 4 different people 1:1, 2 being in the role currently and 2 being managers. The first 2 rounds were easy, just getting to know me and telling me more about the role. The 2nd two did inquire more about personal achievements and the ability to hit goals, and how I would react if I was coming in at the bottom. Once the interviews were over, I heard 4 days later that I was given a verbal offer.

After reading some reviews on this site, I was extremely prepared with knowledge of the product and ready for tougher questions. I think knowing what was going on with the company and how the tools worked helped.

Interview Questions

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Salesforce.com in September 2007.

Interview Details – The recruiter called me and we had a brief conversation. She asked me about my previous work experience and my knowledge of the company. She asked me why i wanted to join salesforce and future goals. She scheduled a meeting with 4 other people, including the Vice President for salesforce latin america. She recommended that i did more research on the company, and sign up for a free trial. I spent an entire day looking at the website, getting started on the free trial, and watching demos. I also googled the company to learn more about the company, CEO, and work culture. Once i arrived at the salesforce office, i realized that its a young, energetic, and fun company. The people are stylish, competitive, and driven. Most of the salesforce employees live in the Marina district in San Francisco. The office is painted in bright colors and the kitchen has big colorful bowls filled with all sorts of snacks. The interview went smoothly. The Vice President asked me about my knowledge of CRM and how I would sell it to the latin american market. They asked me about any challenges i had enountered in the past and how did I manage to overcome those challenges, very typical interview questions. I asked "why would you not hire me"? they said because of the lack of technology knowledge. Because it was a sales rep role, they were ok with my lack of tech experience. As soon as the interview was over, the recruiter called me back and told me that I had done well and followed up with me within a couple of days. She emailed me a job offer and I took the job.

Interview Question – How would you sell salesforce.com?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You really cant negotiate your salary. They have a base salary and commision. The base is pretty good though, so you cant complain.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Salesforce.com

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!

Salesforce.com Videos

Salesforce.com – Why Work for Us?

Salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies are helping companies connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways and revolutionizing the way businesses sell, service, market, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Salesforce.com Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Salesforce.com employees and interview candidates.