Salesforce.com

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in September 2010.

Interview Details – There's been a wide variety of experiences with interviewing at Salesforce.com. Mine happens to be fairly positive. The entire interviewing process took approximately a month from the first day one of their recruiters contacted me until their final decision.

All of the interviewers were personable, respectful and fun to speak with. I spoke with the hiring manager via a phone call first who was sounded like he really loved his job and cared about the company. Afterwards I was scheduled to meet with 3 interviewers separately in person at the HQ office comprising: Technical, Personality and Creativity. The last part of the interview was a presentation on a case study on one of their products. They give you ample time to prepare and present to an audience of 3-5 people and role play asking you questions. This was probably the most exhilarating part of the interviewing process. Total time is about 5 hours from start to finish. Don't worry, they feed you lunch.

My overall experience in interviewing with Salesforce.com was quite enjoyable. The hiring manager was very positive and inspiring. Albeit, I didn't receive an offer, the rejection was also a positive and reassuring one.

Interview Question – What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in December 2009.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone screen, followed by a half day interview at the company. The interview consisted of 3 half hour 1:1 interviews followed by a group presentation to a panel. The overall experience was neutral - people, in general, were nice, the company location is perfect, work environment looked intriguing. The recruiters from HR were a bit hard to coordinate with. It took about 3 weeks for them to respond with a decision.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected really - pretty generic interview questions like:
Why do you want to work for the company; What are your interests for the position; etc.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in May 2011.

Interview Details – I actually got called by a Dublin based recruiting company who wanted to file my CV with Salesforce.com for this position. After a few talks with the agent I sent him my CV and he initiated the process with Salesforce. They seemed to like me from the start and as I was living in Austria at the time I did all interviews on Phone/Skype.

The first interview was a phone interview with a Sales Engineer from Dublin. He tried to figure out if I knew what was going on in the web technology sphere. The interview took probably about 10 minutes but as he himself wasn't that confident in the area he kind of asked me some weird questions.

A few days later I had my second interview with a Senior Sales Support Engineer for EMEA via Skype. This interview was less technical and he was more concerned about me fitting in the team. I did my homework and googled my interviewer which made it easier for me to turn the spotlight and instead of him asking me lots of questions I was the one asking the questions.

The third interview was with my hiring manager and he was based in San Francisco so it was another Skype interview. I can't actually remember what we talked about but it wasn't really work related, as far as I can put the pieces back together we talked about Salesforce in general, the companies which had been acquired recently and my general interest in all things web technology. I showed him some of my spare time projects on Github and screen shots of my UI designs.

The last and final interview was pretty much a joke. They had an American employee who immigrated to Germany call me to find out if I was able to speak good german. The funny thing about it was he called me from the Berlin office, had a bavarian slang and as a native speaker I could even tell that he wasn't. That was pretty much enough material for a 15 minutes conversation about all things German.

Interview Question – Which technology is going to replace Adobe Flash?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't do the negotiations, the recruiting agency did, but I think I could have done a better job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Salesforce.com

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!

Salesforce.com Videos

Salesforce.com – Why Work for Us?

Salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies are helping companies connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways and revolutionizing the way businesses sell, service, market, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Salesforce.com Sales Support Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Salesforce.com employees and interview candidates.