Salesforce.com

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – Although the recruiter seemed naive and inexperienced, all of the subsequent interviews were very positive. I had to have 5 interviews in order to get the offer. The process was only 2-3 weeks. I was impressed with all of the interviewers which made me want to work for the company. I did not have to present a pitch like other candidates have stated.

Interview Question – Describe how you would penetrate a new client.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but probably had an opportunity to do so.

Senior Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details – I was referred by a fried so the process was actually very easy for me. today its much harder and you have to run through a panel of people as well as give the corporate pitch.

Senior Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Salesforce.com in December 2013.

Interview Details – Very confusing interview process. Several recruiters and their assistants involved. Interviewed on the phone with a new manager who was being promoted. He seemed really green. Interview went very well and he kept me on the phone for over the scheduled hour. In the end he did not move forward with me which was probably a good thing. Not a good fit for me.

Interview Question – Remember a time when you sold something to a customer who was very "difficult".   Answer Question

Anaheim, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very disorganized at least in the S. CA market; I had to contact a senior level contact to resolve what can only be called a "poor process." Later learned the person I interviewed with initially had quit, so the revolving door experience. The senior recruiter was very anxious to get rid of me so the stall tactics ensued. Not a class act!

Interview Question – In an effort to buy time on their end they sent a spreadsheet with some questions that were revenue related...it looked like it had been cut and pasted from some other company...In addition they were not interested in conversing, merely following the template they had cleverly created. This was a less than riveting experience and I was disappointed...they made the offer, but I was totally underwhelmed by the people I spoke with, the disorganization, the posturing and the overall unprofessionalism. They are a big outfit to be so weak in this department!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – i really spearheaded the process and the interviewer through the process; much emphasis on numbers with no regard for true business value or long term results. (ie if you are working on new business it is a different process/result than farming accounts.) I think their postings of insisting on a w2 earnings of $200K are laughable if you look at Glassdoor and the salaries that are listed...they are all in the low 100s which is decent but not worth the blustering they spewed..these are not the 90s and your sounding dated!!

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2013.

Interview Details – You will go through numerous interviews either on the phone and in person. you will have several face to face interviews and then a final presentation interview/role play. The comment internally that it is easier to get into Harvard than it is to get hired at Salesforce.

Interview Question – typical selling strategy questions   View Answers (4)

Negotiation Details – they do not negotiate. Take it or leave it.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in June 2012.

Interview Details – This is the longest interview process I have ever been a part of. From initial contact through to the last step it feels like months. I think the recruiters are mainly to blame for this since they take days to get back to you (even if you follow-up with them religiously) They first set you up with an initial phone screen where you basically read your resume over to someone and tell them why you love SF. They then pass your information to a recruiter who also calls you to review your resume and ask you why you are interested in SF, your background, % of quota met, top wins, etc. Then you met with the manager. If that goes well than you are asked to meet with their colleagues to see if you "pass the test". If this goes well then there is a panel interview and a presentation on the product where they basically expect you to know everything about SF (be prepared to answer that you don't know.)

It amazes me that such a smart and innovative company cannot get their act together when it comes to recruiting new SF folks. It seems that they are just interviewing people to catalogue them for later. It's a very unprofessional process and frankly something they should be embarrassed about.

Interview Question – Why did lose a 6 figure deal?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details – 4 interviews including presentation to VP panel

Interview Question – Explain the most creative way you have won a six figure deal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Low salary not much room for negotiation - benefit is GREAT commissions

Senior Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details – The hiring process was extremely slow. It took roughly 2 months to get everything together for the process. I went through two different presentations as well as an onsite negotiation and account review session. Although slow, the process was extremely rewarding, allowing me to learn a lot about the company

Interview Question – There was not a lot of difficult questions, just the questions associated with the presentation which is an area that one needs to prepare for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Went back and forth with hiring HR person and VPs. It wasn't difficult, although, I got a pretty low-ball offer to begin with. They met me half way from the competition. It is not the base pay I was concerned about, it was the accounts I wanted to ensure I honed in on. That was a bit less specific but I got some assurance with other offerings as part of the offer.

Very Difficult Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in November 2012.

Interview Details – This was by far the most rigorous yet most rewarding recruitment experience I've ever been through. My recruiter was unbelievably amazing in preparing me for the process, so that the only reason I wouldn't get the job would be my own fault. With that being said, it was a long and exhausting process - 5 qualifying & prep calls, 2 f2f interviews, and 1 in-person presentation.

Interview Question – Really, there were no surprises. As I said above, the expectations were set very clearly from the in-house recruiter. They have a very specific type of person they're looking for, and all the hard work preparing for the interviews and presentation pay off!   View Answers (2)

Senior Account Executive

I applied online and interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details – All in all very open and professional. Two initial phone interviews followed by a presentation with a set of quesgiins afterwards. My HR contactkept me updated throughout the process. A+

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!