Salesforce.com

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Anaheim, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very disorganized at least in the S. CA market; I had to contact a senior level contact to resolve what can only be called a "poor process." Later learned the person I interviewed with initially had quit, so the revolving door experience. The senior recruiter was very anxious to get rid of me so the stall tactics ensued. Not a class act!

Interview Question – In an effort to buy time on their end they sent a spreadsheet with some questions that were revenue related...it looked like it had been cut and pasted from some other company...In addition they were not interested in conversing, merely following the template they had cleverly created. This was a less than riveting experience and I was disappointed...they made the offer, but I was totally underwhelmed by the people I spoke with, the disorganization, the posturing and the overall unprofessionalism. They are a big outfit to be so weak in this department!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – i really spearheaded the process and the interviewer through the process; much emphasis on numbers with no regard for true business value or long term results. (ie if you are working on new business it is a different process/result than farming accounts.) I think their postings of insisting on a w2 earnings of $200K are laughable if you look at Glassdoor and the salaries that are listed...they are all in the low 100s which is decent but not worth the blustering they spewed..these are not the 90s and your sounding dated!!

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2013.

Interview Details – You will go through numerous interviews either on the phone and in person. you will have several face to face interviews and then a final presentation interview/role play. The comment internally that it is easier to get into Harvard than it is to get hired at Salesforce.

Interview Question – typical selling strategy questions   View Answers (4)

Negotiation Details – they do not negotiate. Take it or leave it.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in June 2012.

Interview Details – This is the longest interview process I have ever been a part of. From initial contact through to the last step it feels like months. I think the recruiters are mainly to blame for this since they take days to get back to you (even if you follow-up with them religiously) They first set you up with an initial phone screen where you basically read your resume over to someone and tell them why you love SF. They then pass your information to a recruiter who also calls you to review your resume and ask you why you are interested in SF, your background, % of quota met, top wins, etc. Then you met with the manager. If that goes well than you are asked to meet with their colleagues to see if you "pass the test". If this goes well then there is a panel interview and a presentation on the product where they basically expect you to know everything about SF (be prepared to answer that you don't know.)

It amazes me that such a smart and innovative company cannot get their act together when it comes to recruiting new SF folks. It seems that they are just interviewing people to catalogue them for later. It's a very unprofessional process and frankly something they should be embarrassed about.

Interview Question – Why did lose a 6 figure deal?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details – 4 interviews including presentation to VP panel

Interview Question – Explain the most creative way you have won a six figure deal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Low salary not much room for negotiation - benefit is GREAT commissions

Senior Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details – The hiring process was extremely slow. It took roughly 2 months to get everything together for the process. I went through two different presentations as well as an onsite negotiation and account review session. Although slow, the process was extremely rewarding, allowing me to learn a lot about the company

Interview Question – There was not a lot of difficult questions, just the questions associated with the presentation which is an area that one needs to prepare for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Went back and forth with hiring HR person and VPs. It wasn't difficult, although, I got a pretty low-ball offer to begin with. They met me half way from the competition. It is not the base pay I was concerned about, it was the accounts I wanted to ensure I honed in on. That was a bit less specific but I got some assurance with other offerings as part of the offer.

Very Difficult Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in November 2012.

Interview Details – This was by far the most rigorous yet most rewarding recruitment experience I've ever been through. My recruiter was unbelievably amazing in preparing me for the process, so that the only reason I wouldn't get the job would be my own fault. With that being said, it was a long and exhausting process - 5 qualifying & prep calls, 2 f2f interviews, and 1 in-person presentation.

Interview Question – Really, there were no surprises. As I said above, the expectations were set very clearly from the in-house recruiter. They have a very specific type of person they're looking for, and all the hard work preparing for the interviews and presentation pay off!   View Answers (2)

Senior Account Executive

I applied online and interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details – All in all very open and professional. Two initial phone interviews followed by a presentation with a set of quesgiins afterwards. My HR contactkept me updated throughout the process. A+

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details – One phone screening interview with recruiter. Asked about sales background and knowledge of salesforce.com
Onc screening interview with two sales managers. Lasted 1 hour.
One presentation interview in which you prepare a 30 minute presentation - intro, discovery, product pitch and close.

Interview Question – Where do you think salesforce.com is lacking?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2011.

Interview Details – * Extremely thorough process - external recruiter referred me to internal recruiter, two phone interviews, panel interview, presentation to senior management, follow-up interview, offer negotiation.

* Internal recruiter did a great job of providing accurate information about the role and culture, while 'selling' me on why it would be a fit.

* Panel interview and presentation are great tools for a mutual assessment - you get a great feel for the culture and expectations from the questions asked and the process to prepare.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when a deal went 'sideways' and describe what you did to save it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair and open negotiation process - no game playing. When they want you, they are open to negotiating. And the package is so good, there's very little left to negotiate!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Salesforce.com

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!

Salesforce.com Videos

Salesforce.com – Why Work for Us?

Salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies are helping companies connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways and revolutionizing the way businesses sell, service, market, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Salesforce.com Senior Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Salesforce.com employees and interview candidates.