Salesforce.com

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2012.

Interview Details – Took about 3 months from initial email to offer. Had over 11 interviews over this time, mostly in person.

Interview Question – Specific question surrounding a marketing outreach I was not familiar which made it difficult to answer completely   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2012.

Interview Details – my work spoke for itself
interview process very relaxed
spoke to the right people, not too many, not too few

Interview Question – what is your vision of salesforce?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in September 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted my Salesforce.com recruiter via LinkedIn. I had all the skills they were looking for, according to her.

Passed her phone screen. Contacted by hiring manager. No problem with the interview. Contacted by a technical screen. No problems there either. Recruiter was going to get in touch with me for scheduling an in-person interview the following week. Cleaned out my schedule and planned on taking a day off.

However, I was told by the recruiter, after having to call her after she passed the time on when she would call me, to get an update. She said there have been some developments in the position and wanted to talk to me ASAP.

Turns out that she left me a 2 minute voicemail explaining how they are now re-evaluating the position so I'm now out of the running because I do not have Java. In spite of this, they want to keep me around because they're still really interested in me. It sounds like they are screening external candidates so they can put someone who is internal in that position. I have no proof of this, but I've experienced this before at another company for a different position.

Interview Question – Unexpected: Do you know Java? No where on my resume does it say I know Java, and if that is a qualification, it should be stated in the beginning.

None of the questions were particularly difficult, and the people seemed overall nice.
  Answer Question

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!