Salesforce.com

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in October 2012.

This all happened in October 2012, so I'm relying on memory here...

I was interviewing with desk.com, a kind of a startup within salesforce. Company looked very good and is doing interesting things, albeit not changing the world exactly. Beautiful offices up in San Francisco (that was honestly going to be a bit of a problem - Caltrain to Bart, or Caltrain to Muni would be required. I live right next to a Caltrain station, but it was going to be a tough commute). About half the company (desk.com) is located in New York, the other half is in SF.

I have a friend who works at Salesforce who submitted my resume into the SFDC recruiting system - I don't think I would have gotten an interview without that, honestly. Lots of people were applying for the Senior product manager job.

I was contacted by an internal recruiter who did a brief screen, then immediately set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. I also did phone screens with a few of the execs. All my interviews, even the ones in person, went very well, I thought. They weren't too difficult (at least I didn't find them so - I enjoy tough questions and thinking outside the box for an interview). I had one set of in-person interviews at their offices.

I ended up not getting the offer, which surprised both me and the internal recruiter. I think I was close, but they had another candidate who must have been more desirable for one reason or another. I had two handicaps - one was the commute, which I acknowledged was not ideal (although the hiring manager commutes in from Lafeyette, which is also a schlep), and I'm a bit older than the rest of the people at the company. I'm young at heart, but it's clear I've been around a while.

Interview Questions
  • I don't remember particular questions, unfortunately. When I rate the interviews as "Average" I'm using the criteria of a senior product manager interview. I would expect this to be challenging, on average, and to cover technical, business, and personal skills in a lot of depth, over the course of multiple interviews. I don't recall a specific "case" type question in this interview process, although there might have been one. Several other interview processes included cases during the same period.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce.com

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in October 2009.

Trial by fire. First interview is usually with recruiter asks you the vanilla basics. Then deep dive with 3 people who ask you deeper questions about your product chops and your market.

Interview Questions
    • Everything is expected if you know your market and agile methodology.   Answer Question

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!