Salesforce.com

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview. Friendly interviewer.

Interview Questions

• In java and using math, check if a number is a palindrome.   View Answer
  • How does the garbage collector know if an object can be collected?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Salesforce.com

Interview Details – Through campus career fair. Phone interview 3 days after the fair.

Interview Question – Asked something about java memory questions. How to handle out of memory error?   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details – Applied for a position in their San Francisco office. After two rounds of phone interviews, they flew me out to SF. I though their HR office was decent in arranging my travel, they provided hotel and flight and a small reimbursement for incidentals.

The interview itself was a bit of a letdown. I talked with 6 people or so, two of which were general chit-chat, with them telling me about how great of a company they are, and how they have this amazing Java architecture and database layer which somehow has become completely bogged down in overengineered complexity.

I didn't get the job, probably because I bombed on one whiteboard question with one interviewer. The question was one of those obnoxious algorithm questions which could be answered in 30 seconds with Wikipedia, but if you don't have memorized already you are hosed. Instead of moving on to another question, the interviewer decided to hound me for twenty minutes about the one question.

Thanks, but no thanks. Enjoy fixing your crap architecture yourselves.

Interview Question – Whiteboarding question.. not really unexpected, just difficult if you haven't memorized   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in October 2012.

Interview Details – One phone screen with coding assignment and one on site with 2 hr coding assignment and in person interview with several members in the team.

Interview Question – 2 hr coding assignment   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Salesforce.com in December 2011.

Interview Details – Had to complete a 2 hour Javascript test. They had me make a blog using a REST API. Didn't quite have time to finish, but it was pretty easy overall. Both the phone interviewer and the test giver were positive and helpful, and I actually learned a couple things about Javascript I didn't know before.

Interview Question – Fastest way to find the middle node in a linked list   View Answers (3)

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter about this opportunity. After a week i have received
the schedule for phone interview. The interview was with the hiring manager. The questions were related to my current and previous projects, I explained in detail. Then few questions about basic java stuff (oops concepts). Then few questions about performance and memory leaks. The interviewer was very nice and helpful through the interview. He was very happy by the end of the interview and invited me for the onsite interview. Onsite interview was a java coding test and it was in san francisco. After few days of onsite coding test I have heard from the recruiter that they are not moving with my application to the next stage. Overall very positive experience and learned a lot.

Interview Questions

• Find the first index of the substring.
    Condition:
    Do not use java library function or regular expressions.

And measure the performance of your implementation with the standard java library function.

Examples:
    String 1: “abcdefg”
    String 2: “bcd”
    Should return 1

String 1: “abcdefg”
    String 2: “x”
    Should return -1
      View Answers (11)
  • Design an online restaurant reservation system.
    Customers should be able to reserve the table for a timeslot (Sort of like OpenTable)
      View Answer

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Salesforce.com in October 2011.

Interview Details – Had an interview with one person, very nice interviewer.
Wasn't stressful at all.

Interview Question – Asked various behavioral questions.
Asked if I was familiar with certain technologies.
  Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2008.

Interview Details – A friend referred me, they give out bonus for referrals so I gave my resume to him and he passed it on. I got a call from a recruiter who setup an hour long phone screen with a manager. The manager talked to me for a bit about what salesforce does and what his team does in particular, so I got the idea I was interviewing for his team in particular.

We talked about my current job a bit, how aggressively I was looking for a new one, and then he asked a few general conceptual uestions that anybody who had real experience would be able to answer. Then the recruiter set up a day a week later for me to come in and be interrviewed in person.

The all day interview consisted of 3 interviews with other developers, lunch with the manager, and a programming test. The test itself was quite easy, seems like it was more just to ensure that I actually had the experience I said I had. Lunch was good and we talked a lot about why I was looking for a new job and what the team was looking for. They also made clear that if it wasnt a fit for their team but they liked me that they would pass my resume on to other teams.

I was asked a lot of questions, from whiteboarding code to conceptual stuff. One of the interviewers asked real hard questions and we actually got into some interesting discussion, I guess that sealed the deal. I was given an offer a week later.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers asked me to write two algorithms for parsing xml, one that was as memory efficient as possible, the other that was as optimized as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, they have all the standard benefits and were offering me more than I was making, so I took the job.

Halifax, NS (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then in-person interview.

Interview Question – Programming exercise.   View Answer

Interviewed at Salesforce.com

Interview Details – Phone interview with hiring manager and then on-site full day interview on various topics related to the role

Interview Question – In depth questions on testing and QA even after I mentioned that I don't have the background.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Salesforce.com

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!

Salesforce.com Videos

Salesforce.com – Why Work for Us?

Salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies are helping companies connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways and revolutionizing the way businesses sell, service, market, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Salesforce.com Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Salesforce.com employees and interview candidates.