Salesforce.com

15 interviews

3.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2014.

The hiring manager will do a phone screen interview first, questions of the phone interview is mostly general questions like "tell me about yourself", "what are you interesting in", "why do you want to change job", "why do you want to work for Salesforce", etc. If the manager is satisfy with your answers then an onsite interview will be scheduled. Process is very quick.

Interview Questions
  • Given a situation, come up with a most efficient algorithm to find the solution   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce.com

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2014.

The entire process was excellent. I got to experience why Salesforce is truly among the best firms to work at but the interview process is long and tough. 9 technical & 1 behavior with HR - 1 hour interviews and fairly tough code test in addition. The company is looking for not just smart, intelligent, well rounded software & data engineers, but also those that are good team players, show a passion for the industry and can get along with the teams/interviews well (since you'll be working likely with them).

Interview Questions
    • Cannot disclose exact questions due to confidentiality agreement, however, know your algorithms with respect to running time and memory requirements. If you worked hard in CS school and learned the fundamentals well, all the questions are fair. Understand multi-threading, multi-process, algos (DP) and advanced data structs, various testing (unit, functional, etc), agile scrum, databases, operating systems (mostly unix based), web layers and little bit of network protocols helped (depending on your role)). Being strong in core Java & JEE was definitely a plus. All engineers you'll interview with are very bright so don't make up solutions if you do not understand something, ask questions and try to give it your 100% to figure out the solution together.   Answer Question
    Little open ended, however, they pay very competitively. I didn't negotiate since they gave me a great compensation that I was looking for. They don't try to low-ball you (least not from my experience).

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2014.

Phone Interview. Friendly interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • In java and using math, check if a number is a palindrome.   View Answer
    • How does the garbage collector know if an object can be collected?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Through campus career fair. Phone interview 3 days after the fair.

Interview Questions
    • Asked something about java memory questions. How to handle out of memory error?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Applied for a position in their San Francisco office. After two rounds of phone interviews, they flew me out to SF. I though their HR office was decent in arranging my travel, they provided hotel and flight and a small reimbursement for incidentals.

The interview itself was a bit of a letdown. I talked with 6 people or so, two of which were general chit-chat, with them telling me about how great of a company they are, and how they have this amazing Java architecture and database layer which somehow has become completely bogged down in overengineered complexity.

I didn't get the job, probably because I bombed on one whiteboard question with one interviewer. The question was one of those obnoxious algorithm questions which could be answered in 30 seconds with Wikipedia, but if you don't have memorized already you are hosed. Instead of moving on to another question, the interviewer decided to hound me for twenty minutes about the one question.

Thanks, but no thanks. Enjoy fixing your crap architecture yourselves.

Interview Questions
    • Whiteboarding question.. not really unexpected, just difficult if you haven't memorized   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in October 2012.

One phone screen with coding assignment and one on site with 2 hr coding assignment and in person interview with several members in the team.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Salesforce.com in December 2011.

Had to complete a 2 hour Javascript test. They had me make a blog using a REST API. Didn't quite have time to finish, but it was pretty easy overall. Both the phone interviewer and the test giver were positive and helpful, and I actually learned a couple things about Javascript I didn't know before.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in March 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter about this opportunity. After a week i have received
    the schedule for phone interview. The interview was with the hiring manager. The questions were related to my current and previous projects, I explained in detail. Then few questions about basic java stuff (oops concepts). Then few questions about performance and memory leaks. The interviewer was very nice and helpful through the interview. He was very happy by the end of the interview and invited me for the onsite interview. Onsite interview was a java coding test and it was in san francisco. After few days of onsite coding test I have heard from the recruiter that they are not moving with my application to the next stage. Overall very positive experience and learned a lot.

Interview Questions
    • Find the first index of the substring.
      Condition:
      Do not use java library function or regular expressions.

And measure the performance of your implementation with the standard java library function.

Examples:
      String 1: “abcdefg”
      String 2: “bcd”
      Should return 1

String 1: “abcdefg”
      String 2: “x”
      Should return -1
        View Answers (11)
    • Design an online restaurant reservation system.
      Customers should be able to reserve the table for a timeslot (Sort of like OpenTable)
        View Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Salesforce.com in October 2011.

Had an interview with one person, very nice interviewer.
    Wasn't stressful at all.

Interview Questions
    • Asked various behavioral questions.
      Asked if I was familiar with certain technologies.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2008.

A friend referred me, they give out bonus for referrals so I gave my resume to him and he passed it on. I got a call from a recruiter who setup an hour long phone screen with a manager. The manager talked to me for a bit about what salesforce does and what his team does in particular, so I got the idea I was interviewing for his team in particular.

We talked about my current job a bit, how aggressively I was looking for a new one, and then he asked a few general conceptual uestions that anybody who had real experience would be able to answer. Then the recruiter set up a day a week later for me to come in and be interrviewed in person.

The all day interview consisted of 3 interviews with other developers, lunch with the manager, and a programming test. The test itself was quite easy, seems like it was more just to ensure that I actually had the experience I said I had. Lunch was good and we talked a lot about why I was looking for a new job and what the team was looking for. They also made clear that if it wasnt a fit for their team but they liked me that they would pass my resume on to other teams.

I was asked a lot of questions, from whiteboarding code to conceptual stuff. One of the interviewers asked real hard questions and we actually got into some interesting discussion, I guess that sealed the deal. I was given an offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers asked me to write two algorithms for parsing xml, one that was as memory efficient as possible, the other that was as optimized as possible.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, they have all the standard benefits and were offering me more than I was making, so I took the job.

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!