Salesforce.com Software QA Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Sales Representative (27)
- Account Executive (22)
- Software Engineer (15)
- QA Engineer (15)
- Senior Account Executive (12)
- Sales Engineer (12)
- Senior Software Engineer (11)
- Enterprise Business Representative (9)
- Member of Technical Staff (8)
- Senior Member of Technical Staff (8)
- Sales (7)
- Customer Success Manager (6)
- Solution Architect (5)
- Intern (5)
- Lead Member of Technical Staff (4)
- Engineer (4)
- Engineering (4)
- Director (4)
- Sales Support Engineer (4)
- Product Manager (4)
- Product Marketing Manager (3)
- Business Development Representative (3)
- Recruiter (3)
- Senior Sales Engineer (3)
- Senior Recruiter (3)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Strategic Account Manager (3)
- Senior Technical Writer (3)
- Accounts Executive (3)
- Senior Manager (3)
Software QA Engineer Interview (Neutral Experience)
I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Salesforce.com.
Interview Details – Had two phone interviews: first one went over the resume and the second one was technical.
Interview Question – Meanings of certain terms in Java, such as "final"... Answer Question
Software QA Engineer Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied in-person and interviewed at Salesforce.com.
Interview Details – On site interview full day 4 rounds. 15-20 candidates and the rounds rotate.
1) QA methodology round: QA test a vending machine (see below)
2) Question round: this one can catch you off guard. You don't get asked the questions... YOU ASK THE QUESTIONS. Come up with some good ones regarding the job, and what you are looking for from a company.
3) Algorithms round: you are asked to make a game on the spot using different objects and asked to justify your choices... ie why did you choose to store the objects in a certain container? ie...what is the benefit of an array over a linked list?
4) Java Test: Given a laptop and a java class (eclipse) complete two methods and then write test cases for the two methods.
After the 1 hr test you discuss your code and test cases explaining your methodology.
a) write a method that goes through a character array and determines if another string is the suffix of the first. Ie... "blake goes to mall" has a suffix = "all"
b) return the index of the first instance of a substring in a character array ie... "blake goes to mall"... first instance of "goes" occurs at index 6.
Interview Question – QA test a vending machine (this doesn't mean come up with new features to ensure that it works effectively). Instead come up with test cases... Customer inserts less change than necessary, or foreign currency, etc... Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at Salesforce.com