Salesforce.com

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in September 2013.

Interview Details – - Initial process started with the recruiter. Went through a standard screening
- Next step was to speak with some peers who went into my background and experience. General discussion on previous experience no real biggie.
- After this I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager and it went for 45 mins. He was very satisfied.
- Next I was called into the NY office for in person discussions. I was going to meet 3-4 people including the hiring mgr.
- While the hiring manager showed up on time and the discussion went well, the other interviewers were late....one of them was almost 20mins. late. I had to keep asking the front desk lady to help me find these interviewers. She did her best to contact them.
- One of the interviewers surprised me when he said that he was not sure what position I was interviewing for. Then, in the middle of the discussion he took several phone calls. In the end instead of taking 45 mins he spent only 10 minutes effectively. I was quite disgusted with the whole thing.
- In a nutshell, the in-person interviews left me with a bad taste.............and even if I had gotten an offer, I would have declined it.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details – I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months.
Eight rounds of interviews with a mix of telephone and face-to-face with anyone across the organisation (EU and US) for cultural fit as well as technical competences.

Interview Question – The process included a case study and face-to-face presentation to a panel.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straightforward.

Solution Architect

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com.

Interview Details – 4 interviews with the final one being a panel interview with 6 individuals. The case study was suppose to provide enough material for 80 minutes of role playing and 30 minutes of interview discussions. The experience was a little unrealistic to ask a person to spend countless hours configuring a product for an interview process rather than talk through capabilities.

Interview Question – How do I know that my competitors cannot access my information?   View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was contract for an HR Interview which was followed by 4 Telephone Interviews. The interviews were both technical, situational and informative. The interviewees seemed honest and open. I was then flown in to for a group/panel interview in Toronto ( was originally planned for Atlanta) where I was asked to present on a pre-selected topic. To my surprise, the group had some other expectation in terms of the content and material. Nevertheless, the panel interview was followed a couple of phone interviews. I have not heard from them since. Kindda unprofessional I think. I do want to mention that they did reimburse the Interview expenses 3 weeks following the trip to Toronto - the bank transfer fee.. :)... The recruitment process tells a lot about the company in general...

Interview Question – What is Multi-Tenancy?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Salesforce.com

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!

Salesforce.com Videos

Salesforce.com – Why Work for Us?

Salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies are helping companies connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways and revolutionizing the way businesses sell, service, market, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Salesforce.com Solution Architect interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Salesforce.com employees and interview candidates.