Salesforce.com

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Salesforce.com in February 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Screen with Recruiter
Phone Interview with Hiring Manager
Asked for the opportunity to interview peers and overlay teams
Interviewed with Hiring Manager
Interviewed with Area Vice President
Mock Sales Presentation
Connect-the-Dots (A reference with a connection to an employee of the company)

Interview Question – Nothing hard, typical sales interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They negotiate before they write the formal offer. If you wait for it in print, it's too late.

Utrecht (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Salesforce.com in July 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my application over the weekend and got a call Monday after lunch time. Typical and standard initial phone conversation about why I applied, my experience and my ambitions. She was really trying to sell the role into me after I mentioned I'd be interested working with more seasoned sales professionals and diversified product portfolio compared to me current job. She told me there were people who already worked in the business for 10-20 years and that I would be the most junior person and that there would be so much to learn without getting into specifics, although I know a number of ex colleagues who now work at salesforce who have significant less experience. She told me she was enthusiastic about my profile and explained to me what the next step in the hiring process would be (2 individual interviews and finally a business case to prepare and pitch). She told me she would get back to me in a week, that is now 5 months ago. I tried to get in touch by phone, left my number and send an email after 1.5 to 2 weeks, but no response. Seemed to me she didn't have guts or the respect to politely tell me they weren't interested anymore. Most likely my current salary was too high compared to what they pay, don't bother applying if you earn well and don't want to take a step back.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, standard first phone chat.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Staines, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salesforce.com in April 2012.

Interview Details – The initial meeting was very informal. Just a general chat about life, family, career successes and aspirations. Overall a very relaxed and positive start to the process.

Following this, I was then invited to present to a 'panel' at the UK HQ in Staines. I was given a standard corporate slide deck and told to go and prepare a 45 minute presentation.

On the day, I arrived at reception 5 minutes early, and was met by a flustered recruitment manager who wasn't expecting me for another hour. A check of both our calendars revealed he was mistaken and I was actually on time.

The panel I was intended to present to, and who I had researched extensively, was not in the office (nothing to do with the 1 hour time difference - they were not in at all that day). So the recruitment manager hastily rounded up three unwilling participants from the office to serve as my panel. Needless to say, a little disconcerting after I had poured a huge amount of effort into preparing for the presentation.

Undeterred, I ploughed through and did my best to remain passionate and enthusiastic, even though the audience spent most of their time discreetly looking at their iPhones under the table.

The 15 minute 'comment and feedback' section at the end was actually 30 seconds of "yes - well done - I need to go now".

Following this experience, I began to wonder if I actually still wanted to work here. The situation was explained away as "we're doing so much recruitment right now, this sometimes happens". So I decided to stick with it.

Next I had a 15 minute face to face with the UK AVP and a telephone interview with the UK MD. Both encounters were relaxed and informal and I found it easy to remain in control of the conversation. Both of them had left Salesforce within 6 months.

Finally another telephone interview with the President of EMEA. On this call, I had been warned to expect such questions as "how many hairs are there on a dog" and "how many bicycle tyres were sold in China last year", but it was nothing like that. Just a straightforward conversation about life, career, family and why I wanted to join Salesforce. However, I have heard that he has used such analytical questions on other interviewees.

I was offered the job and accepted.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions - the whole thing was a walk in the park, but my situation may be rather unique.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was more difficult. They wouldn't budge on anything, to the point that I didn't sign the offer letter for a week. After pushing very hard, I conceded and took their offer.

Worked for Salesforce.com? Contribute to the Community!