Salient Partners Interview Questions

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salient Partners (Houston, TX).

Interview

4 interviews. 1 phone interview, 1 technical, 1 with hiring manager, 1 with hr.

Interview Questions

• evaluate the past performance of this stock (return info provided)   Answer Question

Investments Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Salient Partners in March 2014.

Interview

Hired through college recruiting. Met HR reps at a career fair, submitted application online, was brought in for an in-office interview (8 of us total for a total of 4 spots). It lasted all morning and there were about 3 or 4 30 minute interviews -- pretty much all behavioral, nothing technical. Just be prepared to talk about why you want to work in investments and what led you there.

Interview Questions

• In thirty seconds, what caused the 2008 financial crisis?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real time to negotiate. Only gave a couple days.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Salient Partners (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Had a basic screen with the woman who would be overseeing the position to determine if I was a good fit for the firm and department. Asked me normal first interview questions... walk through your resume, why should we hire you, what are you looking for in this position, etc. Overall it was a pleasant experience and nice that an employer wanted to get to know you first before grilling you with technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was asked in terms of technical questions, everything was very general and trying to get a feel for how well you'd fit in with their company.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

interviewed at Salient Partners (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Matlab quiz and then phone interview. The Phone interview only lasts for 15 mins, primarily on how you know about their company, your experience and your attitude(Do you really want to join them?)

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Salient Partners (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Initial - 1 on 1 interview
    - Personality Questions
    - Fit Questions

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Salient Partners.

Interview

Several Phone Interviews followed by a complete at home "exam." However, the communication from the company was very poor and there were long gaps between rounds.