Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Salient Partners
- Investment Analyst (2)
- Investments (1)
- Research Analyst Intern (1)
- Operations Analyst (1)
- Analyst (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Salient Partners (Houston, TX).
4 interviews. 1 phone interview, 1 technical, 1 with hiring manager, 1 with hr.
- evaluate the past performance of this stock (return info provided) Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Salient Partners in March 2014.
Hired through college recruiting. Met HR reps at a career fair, submitted application online, was brought in for an in-office interview (8 of us total for a total of 4 spots). It lasted all morning and there were about 3 or 4 30 minute interviews -- pretty much all behavioral, nothing technical. Just be prepared to talk about why you want to work in investments and what led you there.
- In thirty seconds, what caused the 2008 financial crisis? Answer Question
No real time to negotiate. Only gave a couple days.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Salient Partners (Houston, TX) in November 2013.
Had a basic screen with the woman who would be overseeing the position to determine if I was a good fit for the firm and department. Asked me normal first interview questions... walk through your resume, why should we hire you, what are you looking for in this position, etc. Overall it was a pleasant experience and nice that an employer wanted to get to know you first before grilling you with technical questions.
- Nothing was asked in terms of technical questions, everything was very general and trying to get a feel for how well you'd fit in with their company. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
interviewed at Salient Partners (Houston, TX) in February 2013.
Matlab quiz and then phone interview. The Phone interview only lasts for 15 mins, primarily on how you know about their company, your experience and your attitude(Do you really want to join them?)
- Not any. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Salient Partners (Houston, TX) in July 2011.
Initial - 1 on 1 interview
- Personality Questions
- Fit Questions
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Salient Partners.
Several Phone Interviews followed by a complete at home "exam." However, the communication from the company was very poor and there were long gaps between rounds.
- Skills Test Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review