Salix Pharmaceuticals

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – CAUTION: Beware of misleading Corporate Recruiter.

I was contacted by a headhunter, invited for a 30 minute phone interview with recruiter, after which she noted next steps and when second interview would be scheduled. However, the next day headhunter emails that I am no longer being considered. Very shady...

Interview Question – Beware of "What do you ultimately want to do in your career?" The answer they are looking for is "whatever the job is you are applying for" if you do not respond with that answer, they will say that "Salix is unable to help you reach your ultimate career goals."

Make sure you are "high energy" on the phone.
  Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – The hiring process was quick and rbisk total duration was a month with two onsite interviews and two phone interviews. Everyone was caring and you really feel welcomed with open arms into the company.

Interview Question – What is your working style and my answer did not satisfy the interviewee, what was expected was am I a clock watcher, how late I can stay at work, do I carry work home etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We gave the best offer Take it or leave it

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call about two weeks later for a phone interview. Phone interview went well and I received an e-mail invitation two days later inviting me for an in-person interview. This is where the problems started. I specifically stated in the e-mail that I was available any day after 1:00pm. I have a class in the morning that doesn't end until 1:00pm. So, of course, the recruiter schedules the interview to start at 1:00pm. Clearly she didn't read my e-mail. She was responsive and said that she would try to move the interview to 2:30pm the same day and would confirm with me if she was able to reschedule. The day before the interview, I still hadn't heard anything so I called and left a message. Nothing. i assumed that since I got no confirmation and no response she wasn't able to reschedule. The day of the interview, she calls me at 11:30am to confirm. Really?! Three hours before the interview time? Very unprofessional.

Went to the interview where I met with three different individuals. The first two (a recruiter and director) were very friendly and welcoming. Things went well. Then I met with a VP. They saved the best for last (said sarcastically). He kept his nose in the air the entire time and looked down on me. I got to hear all about the previous hires who were mistakes (lovely) and how work/life balance is very difficult to achieve at this company because you are expected to take work home with you daily. I can imagine that this individual would be very difficult to work for.

I wasn't invited back for a second interview, but I did e-mail the recruiter twice asking for feedback from the interview. Most companies are more that happy to provide this. I guess I shouldn't be shocked that both e-mails were ignored after the scheduling fiasco. Clearly this recruiter is not professional.

Interview Question – Give me two examples of when you demonstrated your leadership skills.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewers used multiple style interview processes: traditional "tell me about a time when ____ happened and how did you handle the situation?" to STAR / SOAR style interviews, to more general background, skills, experience assesment interviews. The process concluded with a presentation to the panel of interviewers. The corporate office environment was engaging and friendly.

Interview Question – Discribe a new lesson learned during the past 6 months?   Answer Question

MSL Interview

MSL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals in November 2008.

Interview Details – This was a standard interview with the hiring manager, the V.P. of medical affairs and a product manager. The hiring manager seemed like a good guy and I've heard good comments about him by others. The V.P. was very critical of previous hires saying that they were "mistakes" and no longer with the company. The "mistakes" that are no longer with the company left because of him I'm told by others that know what transpired. The product manager was you usual comercial type who wants to know, what have you done for me lately. My feedback from recruiters is that he doesn't feel a need for medical/scientific support and is not a supporter of the MSL teams. You could sense this during the interview.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses.   View Answer

Contractor Interview

Contractor

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – The interview process was lengthy consisting of multiple behavioral interviews. I was able to meet with many members of the department and ask in depth questions about each part of the organization. I felt that the long process was a great way to get to meet each of the team members and made me even more interested in working for the organization.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were able communicate a message that others couldn't. Why do you feel you were sucessful?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate- this was a contract role through an agency.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals in July 2012.

Interview Details – It seemed like a really easy interview. The DM and her boss were very laid back and nice. Not too many situational questions at all. Interview was about an hour. Recruiter let me know 5 days later that they were moving forward with someone else. So, I thought the interview seemed easy and went well, but I guess I was wrong. Too bad, I would have liked to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• What three words would your best friend use to describe you?   Answer Question
  • How do you respond to a doctor who always says he supports your products.   Answer Question
  • Asked a lot about how my bonuses were measured in my previous job and went through brag book   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals in June 2010.

Interview Details – The manager was top notch and very down to earth. The big focus was on rankings from your previous jobs.

Interview Question – Walk me through your career and tell me how you got from one spot to the next.   Answer Question

Worked for Salix Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!