Salix Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions in Raleigh, NC

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.6

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The process is really long, it takes multiple months for you to go thru the entire interview process. Don't be surprised if you have to wait about three months to get a job offer.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Multiple interviews, Phone with HR, First round interview with multiple people, 2nd round interview with multiple people. All in all a very thorough review process checking culture fit and necessary experience. I found it challenging to come up with specific examples to the questions and ended up using the same example with multiple interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had a conflict with a peer and what did you do?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals (Raleigh, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

Positive experience overall. Initial interview is with Human Resources, second interview is with the hiring manager, third interview is with departmental director and Human Resources, fourth interview is with the client. They definitely invest the proper amount of time to selecting the right person who is the best fit organizationally, departmentally and based on knowledge skills and abilities as it relates to the position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular sticks out. General plus technical questions were asked. Recruiter asked for lots of detailed information. Be prepared to elaborate on your responses.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Salix and what is it in particular about this job that interests you? What makes you the perfect fit for this position and sets you apart from other candidates?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals (Raleigh, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Was a short 15-20 minute interview. They had pretty standard questions. They didn't really ask anything to throw you off. Just basically getting to know you, your goals, your experience, etc.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals (Raleigh, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about two weeks later for a phone interview. Phone interview went well and I received an e-mail invitation two days later inviting me for an in-person interview. This is where the problems started. I specifically stated in the e-mail that I was available any day after 1:00pm. I have a class in the morning that doesn't end until 1:00pm. So, of course, the recruiter schedules the interview to start at 1:00pm. Clearly she didn't read my e-mail. She was responsive and said that she would try to move the interview to 2:30pm the same day and would confirm with me if she was able to reschedule. The day before the interview, I still hadn't heard anything so I called and left a message. Nothing. i assumed that since I got no confirmation and no response she wasn't able to reschedule. The day of the interview, she calls me at 11:30am to confirm. Really?! Three hours before the interview time? Very unprofessional. Went to the interview where I met with three different individuals. The first two (a recruiter and director) were very friendly and welcoming. Things went well. Then I met with a VP. They saved the best for last (said sarcastically). He kept his nose in the air the entire time and looked down on me. I got to hear all about the previous hires who were mistakes (lovely) and how work/life balance is very difficult to achieve at this company because you are expected to take work home with you daily. I can imagine that this individual would be very difficult to work for. I wasn't invited back for a second interview, but I did e-mail the recruiter twice asking for feedback from the interview. Most companies are more that happy to provide this. I guess I shouldn't be shocked that both e-mails were ignored after the scheduling fiasco. Clearly this recruiter is not professional.

Interview Questions

• Give me two examples of when you demonstrated your leadership skills.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals (Raleigh, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

Met with direct manager as well as the department head to discuss role and background. Also, met with other team members to interact and determine if I would be a good fit.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals (Raleigh, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

Behavioral based interviewing, multi-stage, presentation and behavioral quizzes required. It was challenging and very long process that resulted in an offer of employment. No negotiations, but the compensation was based on market + previous W2.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you saw something through to completion and the business results that were achieved.   Answer Question

CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salix Pharmaceuticals (Raleigh, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied through recruiter, then had 30 minute phone interview with all behavior based questions using the STAR method also had typical interview questions regarding background. Contacted within 3 days for on site interview. Had face to face interview within 1 week. F2F was 3 hours long - interview with four different people. Everyone very nice and easy to talk to. A lot of the same questions as phone interview. All questions were behavior based and asked to used STAR method again. No really tough questions. Called with offer within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Example a time when you had to deal with a difficult site...   Answer Question