Salk Institute Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

1.5

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Salk Institute (La Jolla, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I sat down with the lab manager and some of the lab members. They gave me more details about what the daily duties of the position would be, and they asked me to elaborate on some of the past research projects and techniques I'd mentioned in my resume, but nothing complicated or detailed.

Interview Questions

• Do you ever plan on going back to graduate school?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Salk Institute

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Salk Institute in June 2011.

Interview

Initial communications started via emailing the PI. The PI asked me to come into his office for a quick interview which consisted of simply running through my resume, a few questions about my past laboratory experiences, and some questions about my research interests.

While work culture may vary between lab groups, in general the environment is very lax and at your own pace, as to be expected.

Interview Questions