Sallie Mae

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Sallie Mae

Interview Details – Contacted a week after I applied. Asked to do interview the next day. Asked to bring resume with me. Only interviewed with one person. Basically went down my resume to see what I've experienced.

Interview Question – So, why Sallie Mae?   Answer Question

Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sallie Mae in August 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring was simple enough, had a phone interview that lasted roughly 20-25 minutes, with the majority of questions being about your computer skills. I was then brought in for an interview with a manager, then scheduled to come back for a final interview with a manager in the department I would be working in. At that interview, I did a side by side with a representative and then sat for another 30 minute interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, pretty straightforward questions about past job history, behavioral, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Collector I

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sallie Mae in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was quite easy, the hiring manager asked me couple STAR questions, and offered me the job a day later.

Interview Question – How do you handle a situation when a customer is getting frustrated?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sallie Mae

Interview Details – The interview was pretty simple and straightforward, typical behavioral questions as well as some more straightforward ones. A lot of the focus is put on being able to trust you with sensitive information since you are exposed to quite a bit of it over the course of a given day.

Interview Question – None of the questions were really that difficult. Maybe something about where you see yourself in the company after 5 years because most people don't even know what the path up from a collector is at that point in the interview process.   Answer Question

Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sallie Mae in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for the position, within a day I was scheduled a phone interview. 3 days later, scheduled for in person interview...was there 4 hrs (interviewed with 3 mgrs (separately). Went well, waiting on response.

Interview Question – What did I like least about my current/previous position?   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sallie Mae in January 2011.

Interview Details – online app then was called to schedule interview met with supervisor then sat at cubicle with another employee then met big boss he gave me drug screen paper work said he will be in touch

Interview Questions

• why did i want to work at sallie mae   View Answer
  • if hired would i need days off in the coming 90 days   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Muncie, IN

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sallie Mae in September 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online on a Saturday then received an e-mail to schedule a phone interview the next day. After the phone interview, I received a call the next day to schedule a one-on-one interview. At that interview, I was asked basic questions and then listened in on phone calls for about a half hour. The hiring manager then talked to me afterward and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sallie Mae? Contribute to the Community!