Sallie Mae

Collector I Interview

Collector I
Newark, DE

Interviewed at Sallie Mae

Interview Details – Contacted a week after I applied. Asked to do interview the next day. Asked to bring resume with me. Only interviewed with one person. Basically went down my resume to see what I've experienced.

Interview Question – So, why Sallie Mae?   Answer Question

Client Relations Specialist Interview

Client Relations Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sallie Mae in July 2010.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews Just be prepared and answer all the questions that is asked of you
2 interview process Background check is mandatory It is good to have a series 6 License

Interview Question – Just Be yourself   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Hanover, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sallie Mae in May 2010.

Interview Details – This was for a summer job - we were brought in as a group and the general proceedings of the next hour or so were explained to us. Then, one by one, we were brought into the interview room with 2 members of the hiring team who asked us questions which were mostly directly related to dealing with upset customers. We did a mock phone call - basically, if you have even the slightest amount of people skills - you should be able to land this job. Also, there was a computer typing test at some point - you need to be able to type at a decent clip.

Interview Question – The mock phone call.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was an hourly summer job, so negotiations were non-existent.

Servicing Specialist Interview

Servicing Specialist
Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sallie Mae in April 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and received an email the next day to schedule an in-person interview. I went to the in-person interview and a few days later I was called for a phone interview. A few days later I was offered the position over the phone. Then they performed a background check and drug test.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Assistant GC Interview

Assistant GC
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sallie Mae in November 2011.

Interview Details – Long interview with potential supervisor

Interview Question – Why Sallie Mae?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Sallie Mae in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Had a phone screen with HR to assess what I was looking for in my next role and ensure I understood the role's needs. Had a round of in-person interviews with 6 people. Had a follow up phone interview at my request with the hiring manager because we didn't have enough time in person.

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly hard. Typical behavioral interviews - "tell me about a time when you <blank>." Most were just conversations to assess fit with the team.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The base salary wasn't enough to get me to move and I was expecting a better offer from another company.

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Interview Details – Run by internal recruiters that typically have little knowledge of the actual job functions for which they are hiring, the process can be slow. Once you get to the hiring manager it moves more quickly, but the beginning can be slow. Be sure to tailor your resume to the language in the job posting. It's often the only way the recruiter can link the position with your skills.

Interview Question – Why do you think SallieMae is negatively portrayed by the media?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sallie Mae in November 2012.

Interview Details – First application, turned down for over qualification, second application, turned down,under qualified for the same position. a friend told me to apply again and I was called in for a group interview.
Next two interviews were over the phone. I was sent an email with the job offer

Interview Question – Did I ever go out of the way for a client that was beyond the scope of my position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there wasn't any. job was offered and I accepted, was given a work schedule and salary offer. was then sent for drug testing and there is a background check with this position

Telecom Analyst Interview

Telecom Analyst
Fishers, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Interview Details – Explain what experience you have.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Was way more than what I was currently making at my previous "Mom and Pop" employer.

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Reston, VA

I applied online and interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Interview Details – I got a call from HR for screen phone interview after 1 month later applied on online. It took me about 2 weeks to have both first and second round of interviews. I called and emailed HR to follow up after couple days of second round of interview, but never heard respond. I think it's very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Few terminologies questions   Answer Question

Worked for Sallie Mae? Contribute to the Community!