Sallie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.4

Telemarketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a long line before I can even get my name called. After they called my name, I still waited another thirty five minutes before I can meet the person interviewing me. My interviewer looked extremely tired and kept yawing the whole interview.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

contacted by recruiter, first phone interview,than after 2 weeks , onsite interview. The onsite experience is very comfortable. The questions are all about position. No questions out of expectation. a good experience of onsite interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Interview

pretty easy. just hard to actually get and interview. and once you are in make sure your background is good because they do a thorough check even if you have student loans

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Interview

Applied Online. Interview with HR and brought in for 1 on 1 interview. It all took only two weeks from start finish. HR was very nice and easy to work with.

Claims Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Interview

It was a pretty easy process. I had one interview with two supervisors and they just asked basic "what would you do in this scenario" type questions. There were also a lot of questions about past job experiences about dealing with customers and coworkers. Also, they asked why I chose to work at Sallie Mae. I said it was a good company to work for and there was a lot of potential for growth within the company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult or unexpected.. just be prepared to answer questions they ask about past job experiences   Answer Question

Collector I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Interview

Contacted a week after I applied. Asked to do interview the next day. Asked to bring resume with me. Only interviewed with one person. Basically went down my resume to see what I've experienced.

Servicing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application online and received an email the next day to schedule an in-person interview. I went to the in-person interview and a few days later I was called for a phone interview. A few days later I was offered the position over the phone. Then they performed a background check and drug test.

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Interview

Run by internal recruiters that typically have little knowledge of the actual job functions for which they are hiring, the process can be slow. Once you get to the hiring manager it moves more quickly, but the beginning can be slow. Be sure to tailor your resume to the language in the job posting. It's often the only way the recruiter can link the position with your skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think SallieMae is negatively portrayed by the media?   Answer Question

Telecom Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Fishers, IN).

Interview

Explain what experience you have.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was way more than what I was currently making at my previous "Mom and Pop" employer.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone screen with HR to assess what I was looking for in my next role and ensure I understood the role's needs. Had a round of in-person interviews with 6 people. Had a follow up phone interview at my request with the hiring manager because we didn't have enough time in person.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly hard. Typical behavioral interviews - "tell me about a time when you <blank>." Most were just conversations to assess fit with the team.   Answer Question

The base salary wasn't enough to get me to move and I was expecting a better offer from another company.