Sallie Mae

Updated Sep 20, 2014
Updated Sep 20, 2014

2.4

Collector I Interview

The interview was pretty simple and straightforward, typical behavioral questions as well as some more straightforward ones. A lot of the focus is put on being able to trust you with sensitive information since you are exposed to quite a bit of it over the course of a given day.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were really that difficult. Maybe something about where you see yourself in the company after 5 years because most people don't even know what the path up from a collector is at that point in the interview process.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sallie Mae.

Run by internal recruiters that typically have little knowledge of the actual job functions for which they are hiring, the process can be slow. Once you get to the hiring manager it moves more quickly, but the beginning can be slow. Be sure to tailor your resume to the language in the job posting. It's often the only way the recruiter can link the position with your skills.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think SallieMae is negatively portrayed by the media?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Contacted a week after I applied. Asked to do interview the next day. Asked to bring resume with me. Only interviewed with one person. Basically went down my resume to see what I've experienced.

Programmer Analyst Interview

contacted by recruiter, first phone interview,than after 2 weeks , onsite interview. The onsite experience is very comfortable. The questions are all about position. No questions out of expectation.
    a good experience of onsite interview.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sallie Mae in May 2010.

Quick Phone interview to assess communication skills, and your very basic knowledge of computer use. Questions like how would you go about getting connected to the internet if you are disconnected.

Interview Questions
    • How do you go about solving questions you don't know the answer to?   View Answer
    No negotiation standard 10.25 an hour at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muncie, IN

The process took a weekinterviewed at Sallie Mae in September 2010.

Filled out an application online on a Saturday then received an e-mail to schedule a phone interview the next day. After the phone interview, I received a call the next day to schedule a one-on-one interview. At that interview, I was asked basic questions and then listened in on phone calls for about a half hour. The hiring manager then talked to me afterward and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would your previous employer rate your productivity?   Answer Question
    • What did you like the least (and most) about your job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sallie Mae in November 2012.

First application, turned down for over qualification, second application, turned down,under qualified for the same position. a friend told me to apply again and I was called in for a group interview.
    Next two interviews were over the phone. I was sent an email with the job offer

Interview Questions
    • Did I ever go out of the way for a client that was beyond the scope of my position?   View Answer
    there wasn't any. job was offered and I accepted, was given a work schedule and salary offer. was then sent for drug testing and there is a background check with this position

Account Executive Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Sallie Mae in January 2007.

I was recruited from a competing firm so I had a relationship with the manager. My interview process may not be typical because it was expedited. I had a meeting with the hiring manager that lasted about an hour. I was asked questions like: How do you manage a territory? What relationships do you have? What are your goals? I was then called by the HR department and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    They offered my requested amount.

Collector Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sallie Mae in May 2009.

A simple interview and asked basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you loaned a friend some money and they hadn't paid you back how would you ask for the money back?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sallie Mae in August 2010.

The 1st interview was a phone interview with an outside company for about 20 mins. Behavior questions and work history questions were asked and also a few questions about computer skills. After the phone interview they said I would receive an email and a call for an interview at the company. At the site I interviewed with a manager (about 15mins) and then straight to the director of the department (about 7mins). The director told me the pay scale (between 13 - 14) and said that he was going to hire me and I should expect a phone call with a job offer. The outside company called me the next day and told me my next step and that I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • On the phone interview I was asked what does control + V do ?   View Answer