Sallie Mae

Updated Sep 20, 2014
Updated Sep 20, 2014

2.4

Programmer Analyst Interview

contacted by recruiter, first phone interview,than after 2 weeks , onsite interview. The onsite experience is very comfortable. The questions are all about position. No questions out of expectation.
    a good experience of onsite interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sallie Mae.

pretty easy. just hard to actually get and interview. and once you are in make sure your background is good because they do a thorough check even if you have student loans

Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sallie Mae.

Applied Online. Interview with HR and brought in for 1 on 1 interview. It all took only two weeks from start finish. HR was very nice and easy to work with.

Claims Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sallie Mae.

It was a pretty easy process. I had one interview with two supervisors and they just asked basic "what would you do in this scenario" type questions. There were also a lot of questions about past job experiences about dealing with customers and coworkers. Also, they asked why I chose to work at Sallie Mae. I said it was a good company to work for and there was a lot of potential for growth within the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult or unexpected.. just be prepared to answer questions they ask about past job experiences   Answer Question

Collector I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Contacted a week after I applied. Asked to do interview the next day. Asked to bring resume with me. Only interviewed with one person. Basically went down my resume to see what I've experienced.

Client Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sallie Mae in July 2010.

2 Interviews Just be prepared and answer all the questions that is asked of you
    2 interview process Background check is mandatory It is good to have a series 6 License

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sallie Mae in May 2010.

This was for a summer job - we were brought in as a group and the general proceedings of the next hour or so were explained to us. Then, one by one, we were brought into the interview room with 2 members of the hiring team who asked us questions which were mostly directly related to dealing with upset customers. We did a mock phone call - basically, if you have even the slightest amount of people skills - you should be able to land this job. Also, there was a computer typing test at some point - you need to be able to type at a decent clip.

Interview Questions
    This was an hourly summer job, so negotiations were non-existent.

Servicing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sallie Mae in April 2014.

I filled out an application online and received an email the next day to schedule an in-person interview. I went to the in-person interview and a few days later I was called for a phone interview. A few days later I was offered the position over the phone. Then they performed a background check and drug test.

Assistant GC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sallie Mae in November 2011.

Long interview with potential supervisor

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Sallie Mae in February 2014.

Applied online. Had a phone screen with HR to assess what I was looking for in my next role and ensure I understood the role's needs. Had a round of in-person interviews with 6 people. Had a follow up phone interview at my request with the hiring manager because we didn't have enough time in person.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly hard. Typical behavioral interviews - "tell me about a time when you <blank>." Most were just conversations to assess fit with the team.   Answer Question

The base salary wasn't enough to get me to move and I was expecting a better offer from another company.