Sallie Mae Interview Questions

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sallie Mae in November 2012.

First application, turned down for over qualification, second application, turned down,under qualified for the same position. a friend told me to apply again and I was called in for a group interview.
    Next two interviews were over the phone. I was sent an email with the job offer

Interview Questions
    • Did I ever go out of the way for a client that was beyond the scope of my position?   View Answer
    there wasn't any. job was offered and I accepted, was given a work schedule and salary offer. was then sent for drug testing and there is a background check with this position

Telecom Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fishers, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Explain what experience you have.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Was way more than what I was currently making at my previous "Mom and Pop" employer.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Sallie Mae.

I got a call from HR for screen phone interview after 1 month later applied on online. It took me about 2 weeks to have both first and second round of interviews. I called and emailed HR to follow up after couple days of second round of interview, but never heard respond. I think it's very unprofessional.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sallie Mae in May 2009.

This was a .NET Software Developer direct hire full time position.

I went through one of their agencies Princeton Information. They did an initial online/phone test.

Then I was submitted to Sallie Mae. The hiring Manager did a phone screen.

Then they called for an on site interview with the Architect and the hiring Manager individually. There was no panel interview; so that was strange compared to other firms I later interviewed at.

Interview Questions
    • On Site question: Draw a system or deployment diagram of a web application.   Answer Question
    Since I went through a recruiter at a staffing agency, the salary was pre-negotiated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sallie Mae in August 2010.

Hiring was simple enough, had a phone interview that lasted roughly 20-25 minutes, with the majority of questions being about your computer skills. I was then brought in for an interview with a manager, then scheduled to come back for a final interview with a manager in the department I would be working in. At that interview, I did a side by side with a representative and then sat for another 30 minute interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, pretty straightforward questions about past job history, behavioral, etc.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Started through a temp agency and was hired on permanent...

Web Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sallie Mae.

One Interview.

sGave me what I asked for.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fishers, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishers, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Pretty simple. The first step is a phone interview. They ask you about customer service experience and if you mind saying repetitive things over the phone. A few situational questions, but not too in depth. The next interview is in person. There will give you a tour (along with a group of others who came to interview) of the facility, then you will meet with a supervisor for your second interview. Again, your standard customer service questions. How do you deal with a difficult customer? Have you ever gone above and beyond for a customer? Do you have experience dealing with personal and secure information? Not too difficult. The third interview isn't really an interview. Just the Director asking about yourself and looking at your resume and he tells you that you have the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. It's $13.22/hour, but you can get a monthly bonus and it is pretty easy to get.

Collector I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sallie Mae in September 2012.

It was quite easy, the hiring manager asked me couple STAR questions, and offered me the job a day later.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a situation when a customer is getting frustrated?   Answer Question

Collector I Interview

The interview was pretty simple and straightforward, typical behavioral questions as well as some more straightforward ones. A lot of the focus is put on being able to trust you with sensitive information since you are exposed to quite a bit of it over the course of a given day.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were really that difficult. Maybe something about where you see yourself in the company after 5 years because most people don't even know what the path up from a collector is at that point in the interview process.   Answer Question