Sally Beauty

Average Difficulty
44 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sally Beauty in August 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was really easy and very relaxed. The manager was very nice. My first interview (at a different store) was a little more by the books and wanted us in and out.

Interview Question – What made you leave your past jobs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't really negotiable, I was hoping for at least 8
.50 and I got it.

Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sally Beauty in May 2013.

Interview Details – There were two interviews. One was at a different location, one was at the location I was hired at. At the second location, I was offered a job on the spot. It was a fairly easy interview with realistic and easy questions. I did not feel like I was being overly scrutinized or judged.

Interview Question – What I liked least about a former manager   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation

Newark, DE

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sally Beauty in March 2013.

Interview Details – Basic questions. Do you have open availability? Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer. Name a time you went above what was expected of you to help a customer. What did you like about your old job and what did you dislike? How do you react to an irate customer?

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, minimum wage and thats it

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Farmingdale, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview Details – I went and dropped my application at the store, and called two days later, and I got a follow up call the week after applying, scheduling an interview a week later. I showed up for my scheduled interview with my future manager, very friendly, open atmosphere, my nerves were settled less then five minutes into the interview!

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job? Was there any time that you couldn't make it to your shift? What was your biggest complaint? What can you bring to this company?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sally Beauty in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on-line. Received a call from the DM 2 weeks after I applied and interviewed few days after call. I did not hear anything back for 2 weeks. Received a call for a 2nd interview. Call from Regional Manager week later. Called with offer next day!

Interview Question – Pretty standard. DM and RM very friendly!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was given lowest pay amount on scale, I counter offered, then was given more than I asked for!

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sally Beauty in February 2010.

Interview Details – online application process got a call with in 48 hours, had interview the next day. the store manager was very curteous with really set me at ease. it was more like talkiing to an old friend instead of a potential empoyer. this was one of the easiest interviews i ever had. The skills and assessment test was pretty easy also. I would recommend this employer to young college students or someone with a passion for cosmetology. you can learn a lot and the networking is great.

San Bruno, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sally Beauty in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was asked every "illegal" question - what my age was, my marital status if I was single or was I in a relationship & was I planning on getting married or having children in the near future - Did I have any elderly parents or grandparents that I was caring for. Bascically they wanted to know if I there was anything in my life that would keep me from showing up to work an being flexible with my availability to work mornings, nights n weekends.

Interview Question – was I planning to get married and have children in the near future   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i accepted the job at a starting pay of $30k that included 5 hours of OT each week..
hourly salary - whooping $12hr

Delray Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview Details – Turn in application, you are then called by a District Manager if there is an opening. You interview with another manager, then the DM, then you interview with the Regional.

Interview Question – If you have Management experience its all the same.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, they give you a number and if you try to negotiate they shoot it down/

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sally Beauty in October 2013.

Interview Details – I turned my application in, in person, and the manager called within a few days, Came the next day for an interview, they ran a background check and I got the call saying I was hired by the end of the day, with my schedule in place.

Interview Question – Most difficult question is always: "Why do you want to work for us?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wanted higher pay and there was no negotiating that, even with my experience. No other negotiations.

Rockford, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sally Beauty in February 2011.

Interview Details – One in person interview

Interview Question – Some question about dry cleaning that didn't pertain to customer service, inventory control or work ethic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation... You get minimum wage. Or slightly more if you have a cosmetology degree(that costs upward of $15k mind you)

Worked for Sally Beauty? Contribute to the Community!