Sally Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty (Montgomery, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

I went in and turned in an application and also set up my interview time the same day. I went in later that day for my interview and it went well. The questions were easy for me. There were a lot of questions asked, but I feel like that is because she wanted to prolong the interview. The manager held the interview and told me she would contact the candidate she would hire during the weekend. I didn't receive a call. So, I assumed I did not get the position up until this point.

Interview Questions

• Is there something you did not like about your previous job/ employer.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty (Dayton, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a 45 minute interview going over my job application and talking about previous jobs. The manager spent a lot of time going over what the job entailed and what the company was like. We talked about what I was looking for in a job and what she was looking for in an employee. The whole interview didn't feel like a typical interview. It was very relaxed and friendly. The interviewing process gave me an insight into what it would be like working at this particular store.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was wanting to work at this job long-term.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with 4 attorneys including the GC. Each interview lasted 30 minutes spanning over two hours. They were very prepared and accommodating. The questioned asked weren't the typical and dry "tell me about yourself"; but more functional questions that dove into my previous work experiences and explored their needs for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage and prioritize your multiple projects in your current position?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Very thorough, it was at least 20-30 minutes long with questions asking about comparing situations from previous jobs to challenging situations. You are mostly tested on how personable you are other than answering questions correctly.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this product?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

there were tricky job interview questions. Go too low and you’ll have a job with low pay, go too high and you might price yourself out of the job. Keep in mind at this point it’s an interview question, not a salary negotiation. But be aware that this answer may influence the later salary negotiation stage.

CRM Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 different employees including the VP of Marketing . Each interview lasted 30-40 minutes spanning over 2 hours. HR and other members are very accommodating and it seems everyone was excited about opportunities in the company. Once you pass this stage, you need to provide your references and have to wait until the company performs a background check. Be yourself and everything should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Questions regarding knowledge of the position

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Typical retail interview, " Sell me this product." "What do you do when you see a customer shoplifting?" What do you do when you see a coworker stealing?" It's nothing to be nervous about.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

My interview was a breeze, I was told to go online and print the application then bring it in, so I did and she said they weren't hiring but she would keep my app on file. About 2 weeks later she called me for an interview, I went in and she was so nice she kept calling me pretty. She barely asked me any questions, she was just telling about the job like I was already hired.

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty (Dover, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was great, the store manager was easy to talk to, and not intimidating, they even want me to go for an assistant manager position, I'll update later, interviewing still in progress!

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with store manager and district manager. They promised training and opportunities for advancement but did not follow through. I never got the initial store training I was just given keys to open and close the store and to safe to make bank deposits.