Sally Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Typical retail interview, " Sell me this product." "What do you do when you see a customer shoplifting?" What do you do when you see a coworker stealing?" It's nothing to be nervous about.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sally Beauty.

My interview was a breeze, I was told to go online and print the application then bring it in, so I did and she said they weren't hiring but she would keep my app on file. About 2 weeks later she called me for an interview, I went in and she was so nice she kept calling me pretty. She barely asked me any questions, she was just telling about the job like I was already hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty in February 2015.

Very laid back. Straight to the point. The ladies were very professional and nice. They asked me questions about my experience with selling retail and being a hair stylist. Seems like a cool place to work. I guess time will tell! I will only be working part time because I am a full time hair stylist.

Sales Associate Interview

well its easy, do not wear jeans or short and act like its the only job for you. and put on application that you will work sunday -Saturday day or night and bam u got the job.

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview was casual and not as stressful as I thought it would be. Asked basic questions. I guess if they actually are going to hire you they will call you in for an interview because I was given the job that same day.

Interview Questions
    • When are you available to work? Are you licensed? (do not to be)   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

You are asked standard questions about work history and other experience and then you are asked to sell an item to the interviewing manager. There was really nothing remarkable about the interview process at all. Easy in Easy out.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation phase. You get paid a standard starting rate of pay which is typically minimum wage.

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

The interview was very informal, I was only asked 5 questions and none were about my qualifications. I was only hired because she said "I was cute". At the time it was legal to smoke in the back room and she must have gone through a half of a pack. She mostly told me about herself and how the company treats it's managers. That should have been my Que to run away and never look back.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, you take the pay they offer or you don't get the job.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Came in for an interview and the manager was very nice. Asked questions about how well I would know the products and if I had an interest in beauty supplies. Due to scheduling conflicts it did not work out. They said their training was videos so I am sure they would train you about the products they have.

Interview Questions
    • They would prefer you to know about their products, they asked questions about certain ones.   Answer Question

My schedule did not work out with theirs.

Graphic Artist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty in September 2014.

Phone screen by someone from H.R. This person was very unprofessional and clearly not very knowledgeable about graphic designers or anything relatively close to this field. I really felt discriminated because of my age and years of experience. I take it they're looking for kids right out of school, a shame, I would have liked working for this company despite the roadblock of an HR individual that I had to deal with.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to use a computer? Uh...duh. Seriously, learn something about WHAT graphic designers do to perform their jobs and maybe ask relative questions that are pertinent.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

The interview was basically making sure that our personalities meshed well and that I would get along well with the other girls. I had been referred by a former employee of that store who was now the manager of a different location, since her and I had attended beauty school together. It was the most casual job interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how well I work with other females in a small space. I hadn't thought about it, but it was a smart question, since that particular store was pretty small, and any time there was a new hire, they would be introduced to the rest of the team (the ones on schedule that day) before the manager would make the final decision about them, just to make sure everyone approved since we would all be stuck working together on a team of 5 girls.   Answer Question