Sally Beauty

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

well its easy, do not wear jeans or short and act like its the only job for you. and put on application that you will work sunday -Saturday day or night and bam u got the job.

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview was casual and not as stressful as I thought it would be. Asked basic questions. I guess if they actually are going to hire you they will call you in for an interview because I was given the job that same day.

Interview Questions
    • When are you available to work? Are you licensed? (do not to be)   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

You are asked standard questions about work history and other experience and then you are asked to sell an item to the interviewing manager. There was really nothing remarkable about the interview process at all. Easy in Easy out.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation phase. You get paid a standard starting rate of pay which is typically minimum wage.

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

The interview was very informal, I was only asked 5 questions and none were about my qualifications. I was only hired because she said "I was cute". At the time it was legal to smoke in the back room and she must have gone through a half of a pack. She mostly told me about herself and how the company treats it's managers. That should have been my Que to run away and never look back.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, you take the pay they offer or you don't get the job.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Came in for an interview and the manager was very nice. Asked questions about how well I would know the products and if I had an interest in beauty supplies. Due to scheduling conflicts it did not work out. They said their training was videos so I am sure they would train you about the products they have.

Interview Questions
    • They would prefer you to know about their products, they asked questions about certain ones.   Answer Question

My schedule did not work out with theirs.

Graphic Artist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty in September 2014.

Phone screen by someone from H.R. This person was very unprofessional and clearly not very knowledgeable about graphic designers or anything relatively close to this field. I really felt discriminated because of my age and years of experience. I take it they're looking for kids right out of school, a shame, I would have liked working for this company despite the roadblock of an HR individual that I had to deal with.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to use a computer? Uh...duh. Seriously, learn something about WHAT graphic designers do to perform their jobs and maybe ask relative questions that are pertinent.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

The interview was basically making sure that our personalities meshed well and that I would get along well with the other girls. I had been referred by a former employee of that store who was now the manager of a different location, since her and I had attended beauty school together. It was the most casual job interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how well I work with other females in a small space. I hadn't thought about it, but it was a smart question, since that particular store was pretty small, and any time there was a new hire, they would be introduced to the rest of the team (the ones on schedule that day) before the manager would make the final decision about them, just to make sure everyone approved since we would all be stuck working together on a team of 5 girls.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty in August 2014.

Interview was really easy and very relaxed. The manager was very nice. My first interview (at a different store) was a little more by the books and wanted us in and out.

Wasn't really negotiable, I was hoping for at least 8
    .50 and I got it.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

I went and dropped my application at the store, and called two days later, and I got a follow up call the week after applying, scheduling an interview a week later. I showed up for my scheduled interview with my future manager, very friendly, open atmosphere, my nerves were settled less then five minutes into the interview!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your last job? Was there any time that you couldn't make it to your shift? What was your biggest complaint? What can you bring to this company?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Turn in application, you are then called by a District Manager if there is an opening. You interview with another manager, then the DM, then you interview with the Regional.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, they give you a number and if you try to negotiate they shoot it down/