Sally Beauty

Updated Sep 2, 2014
Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sally Beauty in July 2013.

All of ten minutes long. Simply looking for a warm and willing body to get the daily jobs done.... basic questions with uneventful answers is all that took place...

Interview Questions
    This is not an employment level that requires or inspires negotiations... You simply accept the position you obviously applied for; or you don't.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

The interview was basically making sure that our personalities meshed well and that I would get along well with the other girls. I had been referred by a former employee of that store who was now the manager of a different location, since her and I had attended beauty school together. It was the most casual job interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how well I work with other females in a small space. I hadn't thought about it, but it was a smart question, since that particular store was pretty small, and any time there was a new hire, they would be introduced to the rest of the team (the ones on schedule that day) before the manager would make the final decision about them, just to make sure everyone approved since we would all be stuck working together on a team of 5 girls.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sally Beauty in August 2014.

Interview was really easy and very relaxed. The manager was very nice. My first interview (at a different store) was a little more by the books and wanted us in and out.

Wasn't really negotiable, I was hoping for at least 8
    .50 and I got it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sally Beauty in May 2013.

There were two interviews. One was at a different location, one was at the location I was hired at. At the second location, I was offered a job on the spot. It was a fairly easy interview with realistic and easy questions. I did not feel like I was being overly scrutinized or judged.

Interview Questions
    There was no room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sally Beauty in March 2013.

Basic questions. Do you have open availability? Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer. Name a time you went above what was expected of you to help a customer. What did you like about your old job and what did you dislike? How do you react to an irate customer?

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, minimum wage and thats it

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmingdale, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

I went and dropped my application at the store, and called two days later, and I got a follow up call the week after applying, scheduling an interview a week later. I showed up for my scheduled interview with my future manager, very friendly, open atmosphere, my nerves were settled less then five minutes into the interview!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your last job? Was there any time that you couldn't make it to your shift? What was your biggest complaint? What can you bring to this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sally Beauty in March 2014.

Applied on-line. Received a call from the DM 2 weeks after I applied and interviewed few days after call. I did not hear anything back for 2 weeks. Received a call for a 2nd interview. Call from Regional Manager week later. Called with offer next day!

Interview Questions
    Was given lowest pay amount on scale, I counter offered, then was given more than I asked for!

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sally Beauty in February 2010.

online application process got a call with in 48 hours, had interview the next day. the store manager was very curteous with really set me at ease. it was more like talkiing to an old friend instead of a potential empoyer. this was one of the easiest interviews i ever had. The skills and assessment test was pretty easy also. I would recommend this employer to young college students or someone with a passion for cosmetology. you can learn a lot and the networking is great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Bruno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sally Beauty in April 2010.

I was asked every "illegal" question - what my age was, my marital status if I was single or was I in a relationship & was I planning on getting married or having children in the near future - Did I have any elderly parents or grandparents that I was caring for. Bascically they wanted to know if I there was anything in my life that would keep me from showing up to work an being flexible with my availability to work mornings, nights n weekends.

Interview Questions
    • was I planning to get married and have children in the near future   View Answer
    i accepted the job at a starting pay of $30k that included 5 hours of OT each week..
    hourly salary - whooping $12hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delray Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Turn in application, you are then called by a District Manager if there is an opening. You interview with another manager, then the DM, then you interview with the Regional.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, they give you a number and if you try to negotiate they shoot it down/

Worked for Sally Beauty? Contribute to the Community!