Sally Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

1.9

Associate Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Easy will hire any one who will work when they need you, , must work continuest nights and weekends sometimes 11 hours days, and you must change your schedule at a drop of a hat for their needs, and get paid min. Wage

Interview Questions

• Can you nights, weekends, must be interested and be looking presentable,   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

Got a call from district manager. Had a phone interview. Than had a one on one interview. Went in for interview. Entire interview took 3 HOURS! he had a 10 page interview questionnaire. Alot of questions about your previous experience. And alot of what if this happens questions. Will ask you to sell something to him.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is allergic to a product and that the last thing you need to sell would you sell it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

Interview was very easy, it was just two managers from different sally's. they asked very basic questions. They prefer licensed cosmetologist, i don't understand why if they don't even get payed better than other employees.

Interview Questions

• why you want the job? why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty in July 2015.

Interview

You can only apply in person, which I believe is better so they have a face to the paper. Got called in the next day. The manager went over simple and easy questions. She was so kind and understanding and had an actual conversation with me, it didn't even feel like an interview. She went over my application and resume and we simply talked about it. I was offered the job once her manager gave her the okay and I got it the second she approved my application.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Wilmington, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

When I arrived for my interview I was dressed in nice trousers and heels. Their was two employees already working, as well as a manager and a new hire in the store. The manager was busy trying to get the new hire put in the system from what I could tell. The other two employees were helping customers. The store I interviewed at was very small but I still had to browse around while waiting on the manager. The interview was very relaxed. She said she was glad I applied for the position and thought I would make a great addition to their family/team. She said if I didn't hear from her withing the next few days then the district manager would call me and possibly do another interview. I still have not gotten a call back. I find it unprofessional that I received no call back what so ever. Even if it was a no, I would have appreciated an explanation. I wasn't in dire need for a job, it kind of landed in my lap. I shop there often and another employee at another location asked me if I would be interested. He called that manager on the spot and recommended me. I was looking for a job at the time but I was planning on looking in another field of work. So I was not pushy about getting the postion. I just waited for a call that never came. Maybe it was a blessing because everyone seemed very frantic and unorganized when I was interviewing. I stood at the counter in the back of the line, in the store without being recognized at all for quite a while. Just thought I would share my experience. It wasn't negative but it was amazing either.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about this company or anything we went over during this interview?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Nashville, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview . Not very detailed.not very informative of the company. A lot of distractions.very busy store. Seemed short handed and really needing help quick. Long hours for the pay.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We dud not agree on pay.

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Montgomery, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

I went in and turned in an application and also set up my interview time the same day. I went in later that day for my interview and it went well. The questions were easy for me. There were a lot of questions asked, but I feel like that is because she wanted to prolong the interview. The manager held the interview and told me she would contact the candidate she would hire during the weekend. I didn't receive a call. So, I assumed I did not get the position up until this point.

Interview Questions

• Is there something you did not like about your previous job/ employer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I got a call a month after I applied for a interview, the manager was friendly, the interview took about 20 to 30 minutes and was told at the end of the interview that " we will give you a call back if your interview stood out from the others ". I called after two weeks to check up on the status of the interview and she just said the same thing.

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Dayton, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a 45 minute interview going over my job application and talking about previous jobs. The manager spent a lot of time going over what the job entailed and what the company was like. We talked about what I was looking for in a job and what she was looking for in an employee. The whole interview didn't feel like a typical interview. It was very relaxed and friendly. The interviewing process gave me an insight into what it would be like working at this particular store.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was wanting to work at this job long-term.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with 4 attorneys including the GC. Each interview lasted 30 minutes spanning over two hours. They were very prepared and accommodating. The questioned asked weren't the typical and dry "tell me about yourself"; but more functional questions that dove into my previous work experiences and explored their needs for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage and prioritize your multiple projects in your current position?   Answer Question