Sally Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.0

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Came in for an interview and the manager was very nice. Asked questions about how well I would know the products and if I had an interest in beauty supplies. Due to scheduling conflicts it did not work out. They said their training was videos so I am sure they would train you about the products they have.

Interview Questions
    • They would prefer you to know about their products, they asked questions about certain ones.   Answer Question

My schedule did not work out with theirs.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

The interview was basically making sure that our personalities meshed well and that I would get along well with the other girls. I had been referred by a former employee of that store who was now the manager of a different location, since her and I had attended beauty school together. It was the most casual job interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how well I work with other females in a small space. I hadn't thought about it, but it was a smart question, since that particular store was pretty small, and any time there was a new hire, they would be introduced to the rest of the team (the ones on schedule that day) before the manager would make the final decision about them, just to make sure everyone approved since we would all be stuck working together on a team of 5 girls.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty in August 2014.

Interview was really easy and very relaxed. The manager was very nice. My first interview (at a different store) was a little more by the books and wanted us in and out.

Wasn't really negotiable, I was hoping for at least 8
    .50 and I got it.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

I went and dropped my application at the store, and called two days later, and I got a follow up call the week after applying, scheduling an interview a week later. I showed up for my scheduled interview with my future manager, very friendly, open atmosphere, my nerves were settled less then five minutes into the interview!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your last job? Was there any time that you couldn't make it to your shift? What was your biggest complaint? What can you bring to this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Turn in application, you are then called by a District Manager if there is an opening. You interview with another manager, then the DM, then you interview with the Regional.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, they give you a number and if you try to negotiate they shoot it down/

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty in March 2014.

Applied on-line. Received a call from the DM 2 weeks after I applied and interviewed few days after call. I did not hear anything back for 2 weeks. Received a call for a 2nd interview. Call from Regional Manager week later. Called with offer next day!

Interview Questions
    Was given lowest pay amount on scale, I counter offered, then was given more than I asked for!

Cashier/Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

The manager was hard to get a hold of at first, they are always accepting applications... I applied twice the first time I never got a call the second time I was more persistent to actually speak to the manager. When I finally was able to talk to her she could realize the kind of person I was and could tell that this was a good fit for the situation I was in. The time is flexible but try with less hours first and then ask for more unless you absolutely need it.

Interview Questions
    • honestly there really wasn't anything unexpected. i mean other than why did you leave your other job, or have you been fired.   Answer Question
    i was allowed to work for 8 dollars an hour which is suppose to be more than minimum wage but they do not realize how much work they want done in a small amount of time.
    the good part is try to work Sundays if you can because there is time an a half pay then. the training isn't hard at all....

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sally Beauty.

I went in to an open interview was asked about my qualification and experience. During that interview I was asked to sell the interviewer something.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I had selling the interviewer something and not stumbling over my words.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty in October 2013.

I turned my application in, in person, and the manager called within a few days, Came the next day for an interview, they ran a background check and I got the call saying I was hired by the end of the day, with my schedule in place.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is always: "Why do you want to work for us?"   View Answer
    I wanted higher pay and there was no negotiating that, even with my experience. No other negotiations.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

The interview was easy. They just care about getting someone in since they are always short on staff.