Sally Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

1 interview basic questions, held in the backroom of the store with the manager, should be dressed appropriately but most people aren't. SHOULD HAVE COSMETOLOGY BACKGROUND IF HIRED!!! most of the girls that work there don't know much about it and there suppose to advise in hair coloring and types of products to use and most of them just guess.

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Took two months to hear reply. Interview and hire we're same day. Unorganized interview and hiring process.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Came in for an interview and the manager was very nice. Asked questions about how well I would know the products and if I had an interest in beauty supplies. Due to scheduling conflicts it did not work out. They said their training was videos so I am sure they would train you about the products they have.

Interview Questions

• They would prefer you to know about their products, they asked questions about certain ones.   Answer Question

My schedule did not work out with theirs.

Graphic Artist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty in September 2014.

Interview

Phone screen by someone from H.R. This person was very unprofessional and clearly not very knowledgeable about graphic designers or anything relatively close to this field. I really felt discriminated because of my age and years of experience. I take it they're looking for kids right out of school, a shame, I would have liked working for this company despite the roadblock of an HR individual that I had to deal with.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use a computer? Uh...duh. Seriously, learn something about WHAT graphic designers do to perform their jobs and maybe ask relative questions that are pertinent.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

well its easy, do not wear jeans or short and act like its the only job for you. and put on application that you will work sunday -Saturday day or night and bam u got the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was very easy, quick and straight to the point. I was asked very few questions, just basically verified the information on my application. Manager was please that I attended cosmetology school and that I am very familiar with beauty products. I was told what the job entailed and asked if I was interested and I said yes. She told me she thought based on my cashier and beauty experience that she was sure I would be good, and also that I would fit in with my coworkers. I was told most likely that I was hired but she needed approval from her district manager. I was offered higher than minimum wage, but that was not the case once starting. I got a call back a week later and started the week after that. I'm still there and although the pay is terrible... i love my job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

The interview was very informal, I was only asked 5 questions and none were about my qualifications. I was only hired because she said "I was cute". At the time it was legal to smoke in the back room and she must have gone through a half of a pack. She mostly told me about herself and how the company treats it's managers. That should have been my Que to run away and never look back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, you take the pay they offer or you don't get the job.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

You are asked standard questions about work history and other experience and then you are asked to sell an item to the interviewing manager. There was really nothing remarkable about the interview process at all. Easy in Easy out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. You get paid a standard starting rate of pay which is typically minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Interview was casual and not as stressful as I thought it would be. Asked basic questions. I guess if they actually are going to hire you they will call you in for an interview because I was given the job that same day.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work? Are you licensed? (do not to be)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

The interview was basically making sure that our personalities meshed well and that I would get along well with the other girls. I had been referred by a former employee of that store who was now the manager of a different location, since her and I had attended beauty school together. It was the most casual job interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how well I work with other females in a small space. I hadn't thought about it, but it was a smart question, since that particular store was pretty small, and any time there was a new hire, they would be introduced to the rest of the team (the ones on schedule that day) before the manager would make the final decision about them, just to make sure everyone approved since we would all be stuck working together on a team of 5 girls.   Answer Question