Sally Beauty

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.0

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Came in for an interview and the manager was very nice. Asked questions about how well I would know the products and if I had an interest in beauty supplies. Due to scheduling conflicts it did not work out. They said their training was videos so I am sure they would train you about the products they have.

Interview Questions
    • They would prefer you to know about their products, they asked questions about certain ones.   Answer Question

My schedule did not work out with theirs.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

1 interview basic questions, held in the backroom of the store with the manager, should be dressed appropriately but most people aren't. SHOULD HAVE COSMETOLOGY BACKGROUND IF HIRED!!! most of the girls that work there don't know much about it and there suppose to advise in hair coloring and types of products to use and most of them just guess.

there was no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Took two months to hear reply. Interview and hire we're same day. Unorganized interview and hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wheat Ridge, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheat Ridge, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sally Beauty in August 2012.

I loved my interview. I thought she did not try to ask so many questions as to prove myself, and that's good. I thought we hit it off well. She was interested in me, and my qualities, not just my abilities.

Interview Questions
    • I always hate the one where they ask about your faults, but she didn't ask. I like that too.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

The interview process was very easy but unprofessional. The manager took her sweet time calling me for an interview and when I was there she made me watch a video, asked a few questions without writing it down and left me for 15 minutes alone with the merchandise in the backroom. If you get hired, don't expect to be able to accept or decline because you don't have a choice, not with this DM. she schedules you without your consent.

Interview Questions
    • what didn't you like about your last job and why?   View Answer

unprofessional and felt I had no choice

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sally Beauty in February 2013.

it started out as basic hello tell me about yourself and stuff like that then the manger told me
    why they were hiring and if I would be able to have
    a flexible schedule, I said yes and then he asked if I was outgoing and
    be willing to go up to customers I said yes of course, he smiled and proceeded to
    tell me the hours that were available and how much I would make , he said I would only
    get about 17 hours or so and that I would start at minimum pay and because I have a Cosmo license it would go up a bit but not much :( then I had to watch a video about the
    company and what it stands for and stuff like that it didn't last much but while I was watching the video he was attending a customer and by the time I finished the video he was still busy so I had to wait on him for about 20 mints cuz the client was asking about extensions , so I waited when he did come back he apologized for taking so long and then we got back to buisness lol he didn't ask me about the video just made a joke about it lol that was a relief cuz u wasn't paying too much attention lol so finally he asked me if I was interested I told him I really wanted to work there but there weren't a lot of hours. and I needed something that did so unfortunately I had to decline the offer but the interview was pretty straight forward except for that 20 minute delay

Interview Questions
    • unexpected 20 minute delay because of a customer and the video they make you watch   Answer Question

needed more hours and better pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sally Beauty in May 2010.

The interview was very very very easy. they just go through your application with you and ask about recent employers on how your experience was. They asked why you left, do you have any goals, would you be interested in an managment job in the future. They also ask some personal questions just to get to know me to see if Im an overall reponsible, realiable person. I am a cosmetologist so my chances of getting hired was a little higher then whomever didnt have one. I also have had retail and salon/product knowledge experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sally Beauty in June 2010.

was so easy just asked about how many years being like a sales person and i was availabale to work any shift

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sally Beauty in March 2011.

Quick and pleasant interview.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Ridiculous Long drawn out process that I was offered the job and should have turned it down but accepted and was the worst thing I could have ever done for my career and sanity. I was bounced around for a month.

Interview Questions
    It was take it or leave it. They were not willing to negotiate nor pay you for excellent track record and experience.

Worked for Sally Beauty? Contribute to the Community!