Sally Beauty

2.0

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty in March 2014.

Applied on-line. Received a call from the DM 2 weeks after I applied and interviewed few days after call. I did not hear anything back for 2 weeks. Received a call for a 2nd interview. Call from Regional Manager week later. Called with offer next day!

Interview Questions
    Was given lowest pay amount on scale, I counter offered, then was given more than I asked for!

Cashier/Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

The manager was hard to get a hold of at first, they are always accepting applications... I applied twice the first time I never got a call the second time I was more persistent to actually speak to the manager. When I finally was able to talk to her she could realize the kind of person I was and could tell that this was a good fit for the situation I was in. The time is flexible but try with less hours first and then ask for more unless you absolutely need it.

Interview Questions
    • honestly there really wasn't anything unexpected. i mean other than why did you leave your other job, or have you been fired.   Answer Question
    i was allowed to work for 8 dollars an hour which is suppose to be more than minimum wage but they do not realize how much work they want done in a small amount of time.
    the good part is try to work Sundays if you can because there is time an a half pay then. the training isn't hard at all....

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sally Beauty.

I went in to an open interview was asked about my qualification and experience. During that interview I was asked to sell the interviewer something.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I had selling the interviewer something and not stumbling over my words.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty in October 2013.

I turned my application in, in person, and the manager called within a few days, Came the next day for an interview, they ran a background check and I got the call saying I was hired by the end of the day, with my schedule in place.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is always: "Why do you want to work for us?"   View Answer
    I wanted higher pay and there was no negotiating that, even with my experience. No other negotiations.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

The interview was easy. They just care about getting someone in since they are always short on staff.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Took two months to hear reply. Interview and hire we're same day. Unorganized interview and hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Pretty simple, 2 interviews

Interview Questions
    • Why do you wish to work for this company? (I only took the job cause I was desperate)   View Answer
    Short, they wanted to pay me, a licensed Cosmetologist, single head of household with plenty of related experience min wage!
    I negotiated and only got 7.50 per hour

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

1 interview basic questions, held in the backroom of the store with the manager, should be dressed appropriately but most people aren't. SHOULD HAVE COSMETOLOGY BACKGROUND IF HIRED!!! most of the girls that work there don't know much about it and there suppose to advise in hair coloring and types of products to use and most of them just guess.

there was no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty in July 2013.

All of ten minutes long. Simply looking for a warm and willing body to get the daily jobs done.... basic questions with uneventful answers is all that took place...

Interview Questions
    This is not an employment level that requires or inspires negotiations... You simply accept the position you obviously applied for; or you don't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty in May 2013.

There were two interviews. One was at a different location, one was at the location I was hired at. At the second location, I was offered a job on the spot. It was a fairly easy interview with realistic and easy questions. I did not feel like I was being overly scrutinized or judged.

Interview Questions
    There was no room for negotiation