Sally Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty in August 2014.

Interview was really easy and very relaxed. The manager was very nice. My first interview (at a different store) was a little more by the books and wanted us in and out.

Wasn't really negotiable, I was hoping for at least 8
    .50 and I got it.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty in July 2014.

The interview was very easy, quick and straight to the point. I was asked very few questions, just basically verified the information on my application. Manager was please that I attended cosmetology school and that I am very familiar with beauty products. I was told what the job entailed and asked if I was interested and I said yes. She told me she thought based on my cashier and beauty experience that she was sure I would be good, and also that I would fit in with my coworkers. I was told most likely that I was hired but she needed approval from her district manager. I was offered higher than minimum wage, but that was not the case once starting. I got a call back a week later and started the week after that. I'm still there and although the pay is terrible... i love my job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

I went and dropped my application at the store, and called two days later, and I got a follow up call the week after applying, scheduling an interview a week later. I showed up for my scheduled interview with my future manager, very friendly, open atmosphere, my nerves were settled less then five minutes into the interview!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your last job? Was there any time that you couldn't make it to your shift? What was your biggest complaint? What can you bring to this company?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty in June 2014.

Printed application and filled out at home. After dropping off application I was called back immediately for an interview. I was interviewed by the District Manager and Store Manager. District Manager seemed professional, Store Manager didn't seem to be very experienced in interviewing. Both interviewers seemed very condescending and skeptical of me during the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers request that you select an item from the sales floor to sell to them as though they were customers.   View Answer
    An hour after my interview they called back with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty in March 2014.

Applied on-line. Received a call from the DM 2 weeks after I applied and interviewed few days after call. I did not hear anything back for 2 weeks. Received a call for a 2nd interview. Call from Regional Manager week later. Called with offer next day!

Interview Questions
    Was given lowest pay amount on scale, I counter offered, then was given more than I asked for!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Turn in application, you are then called by a District Manager if there is an opening. You interview with another manager, then the DM, then you interview with the Regional.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, they give you a number and if you try to negotiate they shoot it down/

Cashier/Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

The manager was hard to get a hold of at first, they are always accepting applications... I applied twice the first time I never got a call the second time I was more persistent to actually speak to the manager. When I finally was able to talk to her she could realize the kind of person I was and could tell that this was a good fit for the situation I was in. The time is flexible but try with less hours first and then ask for more unless you absolutely need it.

Interview Questions
    • honestly there really wasn't anything unexpected. i mean other than why did you leave your other job, or have you been fired.   Answer Question
    i was allowed to work for 8 dollars an hour which is suppose to be more than minimum wage but they do not realize how much work they want done in a small amount of time.
    the good part is try to work Sundays if you can because there is time an a half pay then. the training isn't hard at all....

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sally Beauty.

I went in to an open interview was asked about my qualification and experience. During that interview I was asked to sell the interviewer something.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I had selling the interviewer something and not stumbling over my words.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty in October 2013.

I turned my application in, in person, and the manager called within a few days, Came the next day for an interview, they ran a background check and I got the call saying I was hired by the end of the day, with my schedule in place.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is always: "Why do you want to work for us?"   View Answer
    I wanted higher pay and there was no negotiating that, even with my experience. No other negotiations.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

The interview was easy. They just care about getting someone in since they are always short on staff.