Sally Beauty

Updated Sep 2, 2014
Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sally Beauty in October 2013.

I turned my application in, in person, and the manager called within a few days, Came the next day for an interview, they ran a background check and I got the call saying I was hired by the end of the day, with my schedule in place.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is always: "Why do you want to work for us?"   View Answer
    I wanted higher pay and there was no negotiating that, even with my experience. No other negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockford, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sally Beauty in February 2011.

One in person interview

Interview Questions
    • Some question about dry cleaning that didn't pertain to customer service, inventory control or work ethic.   Answer Question
    There's no negotiation... You get minimum wage. Or slightly more if you have a cosmetology degree(that costs upward of $15k mind you)

Cashier/Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

The manager was hard to get a hold of at first, they are always accepting applications... I applied twice the first time I never got a call the second time I was more persistent to actually speak to the manager. When I finally was able to talk to her she could realize the kind of person I was and could tell that this was a good fit for the situation I was in. The time is flexible but try with less hours first and then ask for more unless you absolutely need it.

Interview Questions
    • honestly there really wasn't anything unexpected. i mean other than why did you leave your other job, or have you been fired.   Answer Question
    i was allowed to work for 8 dollars an hour which is suppose to be more than minimum wage but they do not realize how much work they want done in a small amount of time.
    the good part is try to work Sundays if you can because there is time an a half pay then. the training isn't hard at all....

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sally Beauty in March 2011.

Quick and pleasant interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sally Beauty in April 2011.

There's a script, you can't really ask personal questions, but that's to be expected.

You can't hire anyone based on your own good judgement, it has to be approved by the district manager.

no negotiation

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

I went in to an open interview was asked about my qualification and experience. During that interview I was asked to sell the interviewer something.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I had selling the interviewer something and not stumbling over my words.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sally Beauty in January 2012.

I had two interviews. They will ask if you have any cosmetology license (not required) or retail experience. Also if you have a very flexible schedule. They ask you if you have any interest in hair and beauty products and what you know about the products they sell.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with cosmetology or beauty/hair products?   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

The interview was easy. They just care about getting someone in since they are always short on staff.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Took two months to hear reply. Interview and hire we're same day. Unorganized interview and hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Pretty simple, 2 interviews

Interview Questions
    • Why do you wish to work for this company? (I only took the job cause I was desperate)   View Answer
    Short, they wanted to pay me, a licensed Cosmetologist, single head of household with plenty of related experience min wage!
    I negotiated and only got 7.50 per hour