Sally Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

there were tricky job interview questions. Go too low and you’ll have a job with low pay, go too high and you might price yourself out of the job. Keep in mind at this point it’s an interview question, not a salary negotiation. But be aware that this answer may influence the later salary negotiation stage.

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Very thorough, it was at least 20-30 minutes long with questions asking about comparing situations from previous jobs to challenging situations. You are mostly tested on how personable you are other than answering questions correctly.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this product?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was simple, comfortable, and very personable. I liked that it was a more relaxed atmosphere and not structured as would a behavioral interview would be. It was a pleasant experience

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty in May 2015.

Interview

Was very very casual. No questions pertaining to the job were asked. All she did was tell me about the job and how a regular work day would go. I accepted her offer and then quit 4 days later due to how unprofessional the manager was. I didn't get trained and she threw me on a register and got mad when I asked questions.

CRM Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 different employees including the VP of Marketing . Each interview lasted 30-40 minutes spanning over 2 hours. HR and other members are very accommodating and it seems everyone was excited about opportunities in the company. Once you pass this stage, you need to provide your references and have to wait until the company performs a background check. Be yourself and everything should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself Questions regarding knowledge of the position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Typical retail interview, " Sell me this product." "What do you do when you see a customer shoplifting?" What do you do when you see a coworker stealing?" It's nothing to be nervous about.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

My interview was a breeze, I was told to go online and print the application then bring it in, so I did and she said they weren't hiring but she would keep my app on file. About 2 weeks later she called me for an interview, I went in and she was so nice she kept calling me pretty. She barely asked me any questions, she was just telling about the job like I was already hired.

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Dover, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was great, the store manager was easy to talk to, and not intimidating, they even want me to go for an assistant manager position, I'll update later, interviewing still in progress!

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with store manager and district manager. They promised training and opportunities for advancement but did not follow through. I never got the initial store training I was just given keys to open and close the store and to safe to make bank deposits.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a friendly, two step process. I had called and they to,d me to fill out an application printed out online. Then when I turned it in a got an interview the next day. I passed the first interview with the manager. After the second interview with the district manager I was hired. I started the same week.

Interview Questions

• What were my goals for the next 5 years.   1 Answer