Sally Beauty Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was easy, laid back, and fun. The manager was super nice, as well as the rest of the employees. Comfortable environment. Offered job on spot, still waiting for call to confirm start date.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sally Beauty

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty in July 2015.

Interview

You can only apply in person, which I believe is better so they have a face to the paper. Got called in the next day. The manager went over simple and easy questions. She was so kind and understanding and had an actual conversation with me, it didn't even feel like an interview. She went over my application and resume and we simply talked about it. I was offered the job once her manager gave her the okay and I got it the second she approved my application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Montgomery, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

I went in and turned in an application and also set up my interview time the same day. I went in later that day for my interview and it went well. The questions were easy for me. There were a lot of questions asked, but I feel like that is because she wanted to prolong the interview. The manager held the interview and told me she would contact the candidate she would hire during the weekend. I didn't receive a call. So, I assumed I did not get the position up until this point.

Interview Questions

• Is there something you did not like about your previous job/ employer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I got a call a month after I applied for a interview, the manager was friendly, the interview took about 20 to 30 minutes and was told at the end of the interview that " we will give you a call back if your interview stood out from the others ". I called after two weeks to check up on the status of the interview and she just said the same thing.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

there were tricky job interview questions. Go too low and you’ll have a job with low pay, go too high and you might price yourself out of the job. Keep in mind at this point it’s an interview question, not a salary negotiation. But be aware that this answer may influence the later salary negotiation stage.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Typical retail interview, " Sell me this product." "What do you do when you see a customer shoplifting?" What do you do when you see a coworker stealing?" It's nothing to be nervous about.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Dover, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was great, the store manager was easy to talk to, and not intimidating, they even want me to go for an assistant manager position, I'll update later, interviewing still in progress!

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Greensboro, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. Straight to the point. The ladies were very professional and nice. They asked me questions about my experience with selling retail and being a hair stylist. Seems like a cool place to work. I guess time will tell! I will only be working part time because I am a full time hair stylist.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

well its easy, do not wear jeans or short and act like its the only job for you. and put on application that you will work sunday -Saturday day or night and bam u got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Lake Worth, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Was asked VERY basic questions.... Didn't even get interviewed by a manager.... Was interviewed by another associate. Then was interviewed quickly by manager. She was nice but didn't tell me about how much pressure would be put on everyone to do HER work... That is my biggest qualm with this job was that the manager expected us to do her paperwork and our jobs...

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about hair? No? That's fine, we'll train you.   Answer Question