Sally Beauty

25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview Details – The interview was basically making sure that our personalities meshed well and that I would get along well with the other girls. I had been referred by a former employee of that store who was now the manager of a different location, since her and I had attended beauty school together. It was the most casual job interview I have ever had.

Interview Question – I was asked how well I work with other females in a small space. I hadn't thought about it, but it was a smart question, since that particular store was pretty small, and any time there was a new hire, they would be introduced to the rest of the team (the ones on schedule that day) before the manager would make the final decision about them, just to make sure everyone approved since we would all be stuck working together on a team of 5 girls.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sally Beauty in August 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was really easy and very relaxed. The manager was very nice. My first interview (at a different store) was a little more by the books and wanted us in and out.

Interview Question – What made you leave your past jobs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't really negotiable, I was hoping for at least 8
.50 and I got it.

Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sally Beauty in May 2013.

Interview Details – There were two interviews. One was at a different location, one was at the location I was hired at. At the second location, I was offered a job on the spot. It was a fairly easy interview with realistic and easy questions. I did not feel like I was being overly scrutinized or judged.

Interview Question – What I liked least about a former manager   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Newark, DE

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sally Beauty in March 2013.

Interview Details – Basic questions. Do you have open availability? Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer. Name a time you went above what was expected of you to help a customer. What did you like about your old job and what did you dislike? How do you react to an irate customer?

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, minimum wage and thats it

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sally Beauty in October 2013.

Interview Details – I turned my application in, in person, and the manager called within a few days, Came the next day for an interview, they ran a background check and I got the call saying I was hired by the end of the day, with my schedule in place.

Interview Question – Most difficult question is always: "Why do you want to work for us?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wanted higher pay and there was no negotiating that, even with my experience. No other negotiations.

Rockford, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sally Beauty in February 2011.

Interview Details – One in person interview

Interview Question – Some question about dry cleaning that didn't pertain to customer service, inventory control or work ethic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation... You get minimum wage. Or slightly more if you have a cosmetology degree(that costs upward of $15k mind you)

Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sally Beauty in April 2011.

Interview Details – There's a script, you can't really ask personal questions, but that's to be expected.

You can't hire anyone based on your own good judgement, it has to be approved by the district manager.

Interview Question – It's all pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Edison, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sally Beauty in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. They will ask if you have any cosmetology license (not required) or retail experience. Also if you have a very flexible schedule. They ask you if you have any interest in hair and beauty products and what you know about the products they sell.

Interview Question – What experience do you have with cosmetology or beauty/hair products?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview Details – Took two months to hear reply. Interview and hire we're same day. Unorganized interview and hiring process.

Interview Question – Nothing hard or techniqual   Answer Question

South Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview Details – Pretty simple, 2 interviews

Interview Question – Why do you wish to work for this company? (I only took the job cause I was desperate)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Short, they wanted to pay me, a licensed Cosmetologist, single head of household with plenty of related experience min wage!
I negotiated and only got 7.50 per hour

Worked for Sally Beauty? Contribute to the Community!