Sally Beauty

Updated Dec 4, 2014

1.9

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

well its easy, do not wear jeans or short and act like its the only job for you. and put on application that you will work sunday -Saturday day or night and bam u got the job.

Other Interview Reviews for Sally Beauty

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview was casual and not as stressful as I thought it would be. Asked basic questions. I guess if they actually are going to hire you they will call you in for an interview because I was given the job that same day.

Interview Questions
    • When are you available to work? Are you licensed? (do not to be)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

The interview was very informal, I was only asked 5 questions and none were about my qualifications. I was only hired because she said "I was cute". At the time it was legal to smoke in the back room and she must have gone through a half of a pack. She mostly told me about herself and how the company treats it's managers. That should have been my Que to run away and never look back.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, you take the pay they offer or you don't get the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

The interview was basically making sure that our personalities meshed well and that I would get along well with the other girls. I had been referred by a former employee of that store who was now the manager of a different location, since her and I had attended beauty school together. It was the most casual job interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how well I work with other females in a small space. I hadn't thought about it, but it was a smart question, since that particular store was pretty small, and any time there was a new hire, they would be introduced to the rest of the team (the ones on schedule that day) before the manager would make the final decision about them, just to make sure everyone approved since we would all be stuck working together on a team of 5 girls.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty in August 2014.

Interview was really easy and very relaxed. The manager was very nice. My first interview (at a different store) was a little more by the books and wanted us in and out.

Wasn't really negotiable, I was hoping for at least 8
    .50 and I got it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty in October 2013.

I turned my application in, in person, and the manager called within a few days, Came the next day for an interview, they ran a background check and I got the call saying I was hired by the end of the day, with my schedule in place.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is always: "Why do you want to work for us?"   View Answer
    I wanted higher pay and there was no negotiating that, even with my experience. No other negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Took two months to hear reply. Interview and hire we're same day. Unorganized interview and hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Pretty simple, 2 interviews

Interview Questions
    • Why do you wish to work for this company? (I only took the job cause I was desperate)   View Answer
    Short, they wanted to pay me, a licensed Cosmetologist, single head of household with plenty of related experience min wage!
    I negotiated and only got 7.50 per hour

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

1 interview basic questions, held in the backroom of the store with the manager, should be dressed appropriately but most people aren't. SHOULD HAVE COSMETOLOGY BACKGROUND IF HIRED!!! most of the girls that work there don't know much about it and there suppose to advise in hair coloring and types of products to use and most of them just guess.

there was no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty in July 2013.

All of ten minutes long. Simply looking for a warm and willing body to get the daily jobs done.... basic questions with uneventful answers is all that took place...

Interview Questions
    This is not an employment level that requires or inspires negotiations... You simply accept the position you obviously applied for; or you don't.