Sally Beauty Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Typical retail interview, " Sell me this product." "What do you do when you see a customer shoplifting?" What do you do when you see a coworker stealing?" It's nothing to be nervous about.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sally Beauty

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty (Dover, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was great, the store manager was easy to talk to, and not intimidating, they even want me to go for an assistant manager position, I'll update later, interviewing still in progress!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty (Greensboro, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. Straight to the point. The ladies were very professional and nice. They asked me questions about my experience with selling retail and being a hair stylist. Seems like a cool place to work. I guess time will tell! I will only be working part time because I am a full time hair stylist.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

well its easy, do not wear jeans or short and act like its the only job for you. and put on application that you will work sunday -Saturday day or night and bam u got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Interview was casual and not as stressful as I thought it would be. Asked basic questions. I guess if they actually are going to hire you they will call you in for an interview because I was given the job that same day.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work? Are you licensed? (do not to be)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

The interview was very informal, I was only asked 5 questions and none were about my qualifications. I was only hired because she said "I was cute". At the time it was legal to smoke in the back room and she must have gone through a half of a pack. She mostly told me about herself and how the company treats it's managers. That should have been my Que to run away and never look back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, you take the pay they offer or you don't get the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

The interview was basically making sure that our personalities meshed well and that I would get along well with the other girls. I had been referred by a former employee of that store who was now the manager of a different location, since her and I had attended beauty school together. It was the most casual job interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how well I work with other females in a small space. I hadn't thought about it, but it was a smart question, since that particular store was pretty small, and any time there was a new hire, they would be introduced to the rest of the team (the ones on schedule that day) before the manager would make the final decision about them, just to make sure everyone approved since we would all be stuck working together on a team of 5 girls.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty in August 2014.

Interview

Interview was really easy and very relaxed. The manager was very nice. My first interview (at a different store) was a little more by the books and wanted us in and out.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't really negotiable, I was hoping for at least 8
    .50 and I got it.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty in June 2014.

Interview

Printed application and filled out at home. After dropping off application I was called back immediately for an interview. I was interviewed by the District Manager and Store Manager. District Manager seemed professional, Store Manager didn't seem to be very experienced in interviewing. Both interviewers seemed very condescending and skeptical of me during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers request that you select an item from the sales floor to sell to them as though they were customers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

An hour after my interview they called back with an offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty in October 2013.

Interview

I turned my application in, in person, and the manager called within a few days, Came the next day for an interview, they ran a background check and I got the call saying I was hired by the end of the day, with my schedule in place.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question is always: "Why do you want to work for us?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wanted higher pay and there was no negotiating that, even with my experience. No other negotiations.