Sally Beauty

Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.0

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

The interview was basically making sure that our personalities meshed well and that I would get along well with the other girls. I had been referred by a former employee of that store who was now the manager of a different location, since her and I had attended beauty school together. It was the most casual job interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked how well I work with other females in a small space. I hadn't thought about it, but it was a smart question, since that particular store was pretty small, and any time there was a new hire, they would be introduced to the rest of the team (the ones on schedule that day) before the manager would make the final decision about them, just to make sure everyone approved since we would all be stuck working together on a team of 5 girls.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sally Beauty

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sally Beauty in August 2014.

Interview was really easy and very relaxed. The manager was very nice. My first interview (at a different store) was a little more by the books and wanted us in and out.

Wasn't really negotiable, I was hoping for at least 8
    .50 and I got it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sally Beauty in October 2013.

I turned my application in, in person, and the manager called within a few days, Came the next day for an interview, they ran a background check and I got the call saying I was hired by the end of the day, with my schedule in place.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is always: "Why do you want to work for us?"   View Answer
    I wanted higher pay and there was no negotiating that, even with my experience. No other negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Took two months to hear reply. Interview and hire we're same day. Unorganized interview and hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Pretty simple, 2 interviews

Interview Questions
    • Why do you wish to work for this company? (I only took the job cause I was desperate)   View Answer
    Short, they wanted to pay me, a licensed Cosmetologist, single head of household with plenty of related experience min wage!
    I negotiated and only got 7.50 per hour

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

1 interview basic questions, held in the backroom of the store with the manager, should be dressed appropriately but most people aren't. SHOULD HAVE COSMETOLOGY BACKGROUND IF HIRED!!! most of the girls that work there don't know much about it and there suppose to advise in hair coloring and types of products to use and most of them just guess.

there was no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sally Beauty in July 2013.

All of ten minutes long. Simply looking for a warm and willing body to get the daily jobs done.... basic questions with uneventful answers is all that took place...

Interview Questions
    This is not an employment level that requires or inspires negotiations... You simply accept the position you obviously applied for; or you don't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sally Beauty in May 2013.

There were two interviews. One was at a different location, one was at the location I was hired at. At the second location, I was offered a job on the spot. It was a fairly easy interview with realistic and easy questions. I did not feel like I was being overly scrutinized or judged.

Interview Questions
    There was no room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sally Beauty.

The interview process was very easy but unprofessional. The manager took her sweet time calling me for an interview and when I was there she made me watch a video, asked a few questions without writing it down and left me for 15 minutes alone with the merchandise in the backroom. If you get hired, don't expect to be able to accept or decline because you don't have a choice, not with this DM. she schedules you without your consent.

Interview Questions
    • what didn't you like about your last job and why?   View Answer

unprofessional and felt I had no choice

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sally Beauty in March 2013.

Basic questions. Do you have open availability? Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer. Name a time you went above what was expected of you to help a customer. What did you like about your old job and what did you dislike? How do you react to an irate customer?

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, minimum wage and thats it

Worked for Sally Beauty? Contribute to the Community!