Sally Beauty Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty (Montgomery, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

I went in and turned in an application and also set up my interview time the same day. I went in later that day for my interview and it went well. The questions were easy for me. There were a lot of questions asked, but I feel like that is because she wanted to prolong the interview. The manager held the interview and told me she would contact the candidate she would hire during the weekend. I didn't receive a call. So, I assumed I did not get the position up until this point.

Interview Questions

• Is there something you did not like about your previous job/ employer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sally Beauty

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

there were tricky job interview questions. Go too low and you’ll have a job with low pay, go too high and you might price yourself out of the job. Keep in mind at this point it’s an interview question, not a salary negotiation. But be aware that this answer may influence the later salary negotiation stage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Typical retail interview, " Sell me this product." "What do you do when you see a customer shoplifting?" What do you do when you see a coworker stealing?" It's nothing to be nervous about.

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty (Dover, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was great, the store manager was easy to talk to, and not intimidating, they even want me to go for an assistant manager position, I'll update later, interviewing still in progress!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty (Greensboro, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. Straight to the point. The ladies were very professional and nice. They asked me questions about my experience with selling retail and being a hair stylist. Seems like a cool place to work. I guess time will tell! I will only be working part time because I am a full time hair stylist.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

well its easy, do not wear jeans or short and act like its the only job for you. and put on application that you will work sunday -Saturday day or night and bam u got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Interview was casual and not as stressful as I thought it would be. Asked basic questions. I guess if they actually are going to hire you they will call you in for an interview because I was given the job that same day.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work? Are you licensed? (do not to be)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

The interview was very informal, I was only asked 5 questions and none were about my qualifications. I was only hired because she said "I was cute". At the time it was legal to smoke in the back room and she must have gone through a half of a pack. She mostly told me about herself and how the company treats it's managers. That should have been my Que to run away and never look back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, you take the pay they offer or you don't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Sally Beauty (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then got called in months later. I went to a room in the back of the store and the owner interviewed me. They were basic questions about availability and past experiences. It only lasted about 20 minutes. I had to wait in a room while another person was being interviewed at the time I had been scheduled. Then they called me in and it was the owner and another man standing towards the side. I've heard of interviews in other Sallys and I know that my experience was different to those. I guess it depends on owner and location.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

The interview was basically making sure that our personalities meshed well and that I would get along well with the other girls. I had been referred by a former employee of that store who was now the manager of a different location, since her and I had attended beauty school together. It was the most casual job interview I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how well I work with other females in a small space. I hadn't thought about it, but it was a smart question, since that particular store was pretty small, and any time there was a new hire, they would be introduced to the rest of the team (the ones on schedule that day) before the manager would make the final decision about them, just to make sure everyone approved since we would all be stuck working together on a team of 5 girls.   Answer Question