Sally Beauty

Sally Beauty Store Manager Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delray Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Turn in application, you are then called by a District Manager if there is an opening. You interview with another manager, then the DM, then you interview with the Regional.

Interview Questions
There is no negotiation, they give you a number and if you try to negotiate they shoot it down/

Other Interview Reviews for Sally Beauty

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty in March 2014.

Applied on-line. Received a call from the DM 2 weeks after I applied and interviewed few days after call. I did not hear anything back for 2 weeks. Received a call for a 2nd interview. Call from Regional Manager week later. Called with offer next day!

Interview Questions
    Was given lowest pay amount on scale, I counter offered, then was given more than I asked for!

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sally Beauty.

I went in to an open interview was asked about my qualification and experience. During that interview I was asked to sell the interviewer something.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I had selling the interviewer something and not stumbling over my words.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty.

Ridiculous Long drawn out process that I was offered the job and should have turned it down but accepted and was the worst thing I could have ever done for my career and sanity. I was bounced around for a month.

Interview Questions
    It was take it or leave it. They were not willing to negotiate nor pay you for excellent track record and experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sally Beauty in March 2011.

Quick and pleasant interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sally Beauty in April 2010.

I was asked every "illegal" question - what my age was, my marital status if I was single or was I in a relationship & was I planning on getting married or having children in the near future - Did I have any elderly parents or grandparents that I was caring for. Bascically they wanted to know if I there was anything in my life that would keep me from showing up to work an being flexible with my availability to work mornings, nights n weekends.

Interview Questions
    • was I planning to get married and have children in the near future   View Answer
    i accepted the job at a starting pay of $30k that included 5 hours of OT each week..
    hourly salary - whooping $12hr

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sally Beauty in September 2011.

Two interviews, on different days.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate, as my offer was acceptable.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sally Beauty in May 2011.

Originally met in person first, then proceeded with 2 over the phone interviews, one with higher management and another with HR. It had taken a while for an answer as, it seemed evryone was busy. I was actually going to decline if another day had went by. One on One was fairly standard, questions repeated for the following 2nd and 3rd interviews. They do personality screening as well.

Interview Questions
    • What made you decide to apply for this position at Sally Beauty?   Answer Question
    • What would you say are your best skills you would be bringing with you? What would you say your weakest skills are?   Answer Question
    You have to be firm and know what you are worth. I just kept pushing.